+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping bags and toddlers

Ok so my son is 18 months and I really want to get him a sleeping bag or 3. For this winter as he doesn't keep his blankets on and he moves about his toddler bed at night, but how will he get out of bed and things like that etc? Is it too late to start zipping him in one? How will it work?? Any advice or tips would be great thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    Ok so my son is 18 months and I really want to get him a sleeping bag or 3. For this winter as he doesn't keep his blankets on and he moves about his toddler bed at night, but how will he get out of bed and things like that etc? Is it too late to start zipping him in one? How will it work?? Any advice or tips would be great thanks
    We went from using sleeping bags to the sleep suits with feet in them. We found we could put plenty of layers underneath if necessary too. I think at the coldest we even put two sleep suits on them, thermals and a set of normal winter pjs.

Target usually has a range of them in sizes up to infants school, though we find we stopped using them on our eldest once he kept the blankets up.
    They are great when transitioning from a cot too as the kids are still learning to stay the one direction in the bed!

Our youngest is also 18mths and getting to the limits of the sleeping bags, just getting big bed stuff sorted for them ready to do the switch.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 13-04-2013 at 21:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the sleep suits from Target. DS1 didn't want to be in a sleeping bag from around 16 months onward.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing. Our 19month old wont sleep with blankets. She likes sleeping bags. Would love to try something new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is nearly 3. The previous winters we have used sleeping bags (pumpkin patch, bonds or just from Best n Less). This winter as he has gotten bigger/older we've brought him the ones with legs/feet from Target. They work just as well as the sleeping bags, he tosses & turns a lot in his sleep & hardly ever keeps the blankets on so they help keep him warm during cold winter nights (I usually have him in a singlet + flannelette pj's as well).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got him a sleeping bag lol a cheapie from Kmart and I am going to cut the bottom out of it