Closed Thread
Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks jessie won't be long and you will be ttc!

So glad to hear our preggy mums are doing well.

Disney, I think its totally normal! Even being a childcare worker I was worried, I even broke down in hospital when he wouldn't settle and asked the nurses what was wrong with me? why was I a bad mum? I could settle any could but my own! Turns out he was staving from lack of milk (breast feeding) but make sure you ask the midwives, they will show you, and after a week, you wonder why you worried. You will be fine I'm sure of it. most of it early on is trial and error, and gut feeling.

Who was it that felt implantation? Disney? I had something today, a stabbing pain for about an hour at my pubic bone area... It hurt! Made me move and take a deep breath...just wondering if I'm already sending myself crazy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (17-04-2013)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Im really freaking out about becoming a parent . People in my dig are all discussing the birth but I'm more focused on WTF am I going to do once its out and I have to look after it . How do you know when to feed the baby or if the baby wants to sleep or if it just wants to hang out. How do you entertain it? How do you change it's clothes when they have that scary floppy head, how to do hold it? What if you hold the baby too tight, how do you feed the baby?!? Freakin out!!!!! Ahhhh!

We have a few names kicking around, for boys we like griffin, jobe, Louis hmm Darcy. For girls we like, jemima, Allegra, Elliott and Pia. And I've had no advice yet from anyone because people don't know yet, well not many people yet. Only um 8. I've had my first Ob appointment which went really well. I love my Ob he's so nice and funny and easy to chat to.

Blackmores I folic is great when ttc!

Nomie - thanks for taking over the roll call!!!!
    Awesome names! Darcy's great...i find thinking of boys names really hard...better add that to the list!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Disney  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Thanks jessie won't be long and you will be ttc!

So glad to hear our preggy mums are doing well.

Disney, I think its totally normal! Even being a childcare worker I was worried, I even broke down in hospital when he wouldn't settle and asked the nurses what was wrong with me? why was I a bad mum? I could settle any could but my own! Turns out he was staving from lack of milk (breast feeding) but make sure you ask the midwives, they will show you, and after a week, you wonder why you worried. You will be fine I'm sure of it. most of it early on is trial and error, and gut feeling.

Who was it that felt implantation? Disney? I had something today, a stabbing pain for about an hour at my pubic bone area... It hurt! Made me move and take a deep breath...just wondering if I'm already sending myself crazy
    Thanks for the reassurance! I didn't feel implantation but I knew the day it was supposed to happen (thanks to the calculator I found online) and I prepared for it. Wore a dress so I didn't constrict my uterus, playing my belly the rocky theme song in the morning to prepare, said a little motivational speech, you know the normal stuff!!

It doesn't sounds crazy to me at all, it certainly sounds like what implantation should feel like. I so hope it is implantation for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh ok...hmm, I thought someone said they felt it. I an thinking its far too early though, even though I ve never had it before

And no worries I was mostly worried about bathing.. What I'd I dropped him? how can I hold and wash him? but the midwives showed me, and helped with the first one, and I was fine after that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - No probs! Love the names Jobe, Jemima and Elliot! I'm sure you will be a brilliant mum. Try not to stress. All mums have been there at one point. You and bub will learn together.

Shadow - I really hope you felt implantation!

AFM, holiday to the Gold Coast is all finalised (no thanks to Jetstar). Booked our accommodation as well. Just need to start saving our pennies for the theme parks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Disney  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Jessy I'm the one constantly harping on about the sugar I'm so glad other people are seeing he health benefits in those around them and making the decision to break the addiction too. Although to the lovely poster who called it a 'diet thing'... It's not a diet. Thanks

As for fruit, some people choose to stop or limit fruit for the first few weeks of withdrawal. This is because having small amounts of fructose while detoxing can extend the detox period. Those people then slowly reintroduce one piece of whole fruit per day, once they have overcome the fructose addiction. Anyone who tells you that you have to give up fruit (or vegetables) to become anti-sugar is dead wrong and scare-mongering. We are pro-fruit in small quantities; however dried fruit and juice contain 30% or more sugar than whole, fresh fruit and we don't advocate that.

Happy to answer any more questions

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mare. I'm interested in going sugar free, so have a few questions too (sorry in advance ) What about products that have small amounts of sugar e.g. bread? Do you make your own bread, or are there varieties available that don't have sugar? What is the view on lactose? Are natural alternatives to sugar allowed, such as stevia? (I wouldn't touch an artificial sweetener with a ten foot pole)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Hi Mare. I'm interested in going sugar free, so have a few questions too (sorry in advance ) What about products that have small amounts of sugar e.g. bread? Do you make your own bread, or are there varieties available that don't have sugar? What is the view on lactose? Are natural alternatives to sugar allowed, such as stevia? (I wouldn't touch an artificial sweetener with a ten foot pole)
    Hi funchu, ill do my best to answer your questions here but the bed source of info is Sweet Poison by David Gillespie, and the Sweet Poison Quit Plan has comprehensive lists of the best brand products by category.
    Guideline: anything you eat should contain less than 3 grams of sugar per 100g
    Ok: bread: has varying amounts of sugar by brand and type. White bread is barely acceptable, the best bread is Bürgen Rye for sugar content
    Lactose: all unsweetened, unflavored dairy products are acceptable; milk, butter, yoghurt, cream and cheese don't contain any fructose, which is the sugar to avoid. In dairy products, the sugar panel will say something over 4.7g/100g. This is because lactose is naturally the above figure, anything over that amount is likely to contain fructose
    Stevia: if you can handle the flavour, go for it. Be wary of all artificial sweeteners, they have a tendency to behave like fructose in the gut and readdict you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Mare. Yes, I avoid artificial sweeteners already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Officially out for the count. Stupid AF showed up today. So starting Round 3 Clomid. Is anyone else on here taking Clomid as well? Any tips? Done the robitussin thing, tried pre seed - just can't get it happening. So bloody frustrating.

Glad to hear all the lovely pregnant mums to be are doing well & I will keep fingers crossed for the rest of us.