Closed Thread
Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    Also thought of another place to buy things...discount baby warehouse... Based in Sydney I think. Sell a lot of discounted stuff... Coz it might have a mark or scratch or something.

We got a cot for like $500 cheaper... And only $50 delivery... And the mark on it we can hardly see it....
    thanks for the tip!! Didn't know about this place!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I tried breast feeding, I persevered for 6 months, paid 300 for a good pump (I didn't know id need it till after ds was born..I just thought everyone could bf, and pumping was only if you wanted to give ebm...wasnt I wrong!)
    We ended up having to purchased bottles, and a steamer(you can just boil them, or some places say don't worry about steralising) formula was about 25 a week for the one we used...there was cheaper options.
    Which pump did you get? I started looking over the weekend, also at bottles. The closer to nature ones seem good. Do you have a recommendation??

Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    You ladies are quite convincing!!
    Funchu, I really really appreciated your view on things! Helped to put it all into perspective. Our pastor gave a sermon on contentment today and I think this sealed the deal for DH and I. We are choosing to be content with what we have right now, take a leap of faith and start trying for a baby. YAY!
    Again Ahhhh!!! So excited your jumping on the ttc band wagon!!! Oh I hope it's quick for you!! Can't wait to follow this journey

Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I do have my heart set on about $7000 worth of awesome nursery furniture & decorations. hmmm... I have expensive tastes
    I suffer from that same condition! Dh calls it expensive tasty-itus! Or iwishyitus.. I'm lead to believe they are different strains of the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    I've only taken two days worth of the beige pills. Do you think that will affect anything? Luckily we've kept up with the vitamins and eating healthy. Haven't had takeout in weeks now and it feels great.
    I don't think that should affect anything Nomie, 2 days is nothing I'd jump straight into it

Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    We will be TTC at the same time again! Period is slowing down, cd 3 today. This time next year I could have a 3 month old and a nearly 3 year old!
    oh trio that's such a lovely thought, having 2 bubs!! I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    That's great! Looks like there'll be 5 of us or so testing in June which is just awesome!!! Loads of babydust to all you lovely ladies Yay to all of us!!!! Only thing weird that has happened to me so far is that I got a period like pain for about a minute today...shouldn't have been a late ovulation pain as I had a strong positive last wed night. Thinking it could be implantation if I'm lucky but maybe it's just me paying more attention to all the aches and pains! Trying hard not to symptom spot...not easy!
    have you check the possible date of implantation on the pregnancy website I circulated a while ago? I feel like its been a while since there was lots of people testing a trying at the same time in this group!!

It wasn't too bad jesse mum is almost self sufficient. I may cave and test early but I'm hoping to wait till wednesday. I'm already on cd28. last month was 36 days, so hoping to hold out a bit longer. Not knowing if I even ovulated at all has helped the not testing so has keeping my tests in the car!
    That's great news your mum is on the mend!! Lol I love how you keep your tests in the car to resist temptation!! Its positive!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If anyone wants some oracle opksI have some in my drawer at home. I'm not sure how many. I find them too difficult to use because I'm not always home at the right time & can't be bothered piac at work. PM me your address if you're interested & I'll pop them in the post. First to PM gets them

lol Disney, I definitely have one (or both) of those diseases!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I got the medela swing breast pump. I Highly recommend it! I had a cheaper medela one that was a cylinder type you do by hand that was useless!

The tommee tippee bottles are fantastic! It's what we used, ds had no problems with nipple confusion/breast refusal, and we done both breast and bottle from 6 days old until 4.5 months, when af came back, it changes the taste in milk apparently...ds refused to latch from then on, but drank ebm till 6 months. The pump certainly paid for itself!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I got the medela swing breast pump. I Highly recommend it! I had a cheaper medela one that was a cylinder type you do by hand that was useless!
    I have also heard great things about the Medela swing pump. My sil used one for her two girls, and said it was fantastic! We didn't need one in the early days, but I brought the Medela hand pump one when I wanted to use ebm with xavier's cereal in the mornings. I could get much more than a teaspoon with it. I'm not sure if that's because I hadn't learnt how to express (like breast feeding pumping is a learned skill) or because I just wasn't a good milker!

On the topic of breast feeding, ds and I are down one feed at night before we go to bed. I have recently cut out a feed in the day that I would use to put him to sleep for his nap. So now it's back to walking him to sleep for his day sleep. We nearly made it all the way home today before he nodded off. So many dogs were barking at us, and ds would point and say 'dogs barking' and re wake himself up. I am working towards ds and I just lying in the bed till he goes to sleep, but it just seems so far away at the moment. But we will keep trying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post

have you check the possible date of implantation on the pregnancy website I circulated a while ago? I feel like its been a while since there was lots of people testing a trying at the same time in this group!!
    Which site was that? I don't think I was on here then. I might be interested in checking it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    have you decided when you are you going to tell work Disney?

Funchu
    I thought I had expensive taste in baby furniture and things that are wanted/needed you far out do me there. Although I do want a new car miss my Mazda 3 sold it to my mum when I followed DH overseas so I could forget my loan, I only have a small corolla hatchback now that was DH's mums DH only has a work ute and ignores the fact we can fit a pram plus groceries in the boot and if we ever wanted a family holiday that would most definitely not be possible.

cd5 now come on next 16days fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Which site was that? I don't think I was on here then. I might be interested in checking it out
    I'd be interested in this too please :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. Here us the implantation calculator Disney was referring to.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...calculator.php

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Disney  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks nomie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!!