Closed Thread
Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Could you please give me all your tips for conceiving twins? I have heard somewhere lots of sweet potato, so I make it in some form nearly every night!
    Trio, not much help, but a funny twin conception story... my sil and bro were taking a break (couple of years) and she went to qld... Up there they had a "fertility statue" or something at one of the amusement parks.

When she came back she told us all about how she touched it as a joke.....well obviously her and my bro missed eachother. he swears they only dtd once, the night she got back, but obviously we only found out when she said she was utd.

I now have a twin niece and nephew!... When she told us there were two after her first ultrasound, we joked saying she must have groped the statue, not just touched it.
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 14-05-2013 at 21:53.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Here is a better profile pic of bubba Attachment 36513

again its sideways I'm not sure why???
    Your bubba is beautiful! It's amazing how much they move, and you can't even tell! Did you get any indication of sex, I know it is a little early?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Trio, not much help, but a funny twin conception story... my sil and bro were taking a break (couple of years) and she went to qld... Up there they had a "fertility statue" or something at one of the amusement parks.

When she came back she told us all about how she touched it as a joke.....well obviously her and my bro missed eachother. he swears they only dtd once, the night she got back, but obviously we only found out when she said she was utd.

I now have a twin niece and nephew!... When she told us there were two after her first ultrasound, we joked saying she must have groped the statue, not just touched it.
    Hmm I think a trip to Queensland is in store for a statue gropping!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol trio!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio - no indication of sex yet, I don't even get any vibes or maternal instinct about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Trio- I always had unpredictable AF since she first arrived. When I was 19 I started gaining unexplained weight. In 2010 I noticed I was getting a little hairy and I went without AF for about 4 months and decided it really wasn't normal and I needed to sort it out. I saw a GP and had bloods and scans done. I was then referred to a gyno who basically told me to lose a little weight, enjoy the lack of AF and come back when I want a baby. After talking to my family about it, I found out my Aunty has PCOS too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol Trio. I want twins too & have read all of the old wives' tales! It's wild yam, not sweet potato. You can buy it as a tablet, but I was too scared to try it as I read elsewhere that it can act as a contraceptive. Apparently when you first come off bc you can hyperovulate, which can result in twins. Unfortunately I had to come off bc a while before we started ttc, so couldn't try this one (although I have one pack of bc pills in my bedside table, so I might go back on it for a month if I don't get my BFP this week). The older you are, the more chance there is of conceiving twins. I'm 35, so have my fx this is old enough I also read that high dairy diets are good, so I've been drinking a lot of full cream milk - this is probably why I've put on weight & my skin has broken out! The only other one I can remember is tapioca. I gave up on this one though, as it's too much of a hassle to make it.
    Good luck! Hopefully we'll both get to have twins. I wish I'd known about that magic statue before - I'd soooo be on the first flight to Qld for a statue groping session!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Trio - no indication of sex yet, I don't even get any vibes or maternal instinct about it!
    Neither did I. Not till 19 weeks when we accidently saw his willy!

Funchu, you mean to tell me I have eaten so much sweet potato I am just about orange and it is wild yams?!! Oh well at least its healthy. I might skip the wild yam tablets. I am worried about concieving as it is. I will however eat more dairy, and get a tiny bit older, like a month before we TTC!
    I have also heard, a little extra weight can increase the rate of twins, so maybe there is more to dairy than we realise. I think I am still going slim down though. I don't want high blood pressure again.
    Funchu, I am lucky though, my mum was a fraternal twin, so fingers crossed I spit out two eggs like my granny did! Also my mums twin brothers son is having twins. So my cousin, but it must be a coincidence I think.

Mumma K Sorry I do remember you telling us that. How ever did you cope at 16? Please tell me off if I am being a busy body, but are you still with their dad?

Becca, I have a few of those symptoms. Like the hairyness, and I put on weight easliy. Periods are 35 days appart but are always about that. I hope you can sort it all out.
    ASM, incredibly clucky. O is probably 3 days away, and I just called DH at work to ask if we could try this month. So keen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    lol Trio. I want twins too & have read all of the old wives' tales! It's wild yam, not sweet potato. You can buy it as a tablet, but I was too scared to try it as I read elsewhere that it can act as a contraceptive. Apparently when you first come off bc you can hyperovulate, which can result in twins. Unfortunately I had to come off bc a while before we started ttc, so couldn't try this one (although I have one pack of bc pills in my bedside table, so I might go back on it for a month if I don't get my BFP this week). The older you are, the more chance there is of conceiving twins. I'm 35, so have my fx this is old enough I also read that high dairy diets are good, so I've been drinking a lot of full cream milk - this is probably why I've put on weight & my skin has broken out! The only other one I can remember is tapioca. I gave up on this one though, as it's too much of a hassle to make it.
    Good luck! Hopefully we'll both get to have twins. I wish I'd known about that magic statue before - I'd soooo be on the first flight to Qld for a statue groping session!
    LOL DH should never see this he did say before twins would be great so getting PG and being pg was over in one go lol, I love yams.

Disney thanks for sharing that special picture its so amazing, I never get over the awe of how amazing it is to see babies before they are born it is one of the best advances in technology. Is anyone who is PG or ttc planning on having the 3d/4d scans? I just love how in depth they are and can't wait.

AFM,Managed to have a good D & M with DH last night who is stressed and thinks we shouldnt stress too much just yet but realises now how stressed I am and hurt feels bad his fitness and energy is lacking, he only put on a lil weight on the honeymoon i put on 6kgs since wedding but put on 25kgs since we met as we eat pizza and indian when he wants and i never ate either he is finally accepting of my lack of self esteem over the whole thing so will now be caring about his not that I have ever said anything bad about the way he looks he is agreeable to join the gym with me . Said I would stop instigating things all the time as that is more stress when he knows it is just baby related and that when he wants to BD he could let me know because it is still meant to be fun happy newlywed BD not just business BD loll. He text me at work last night to say that he would try and be awake and energetic this morning for BD figured too late but at least would be a step in the right track and I do love him so if he was tired again wasn't going to push it and annoy again when i promised i wouldn't.

Anyhoo to cut things short really confused this month told him I had O on Sunday as have never before in the last yr had EWCM for more then a day and only when other monitor said was O day never even 12 hrs before or after and had had the worst abdominal cramping and pain so figured it was over and monitor was just wrong as it still said was in low fertility and googled and found other people who had had that and missed O. Long and behold when tested yesterday it showed that it was time for O to come up in the next 12-36 hrs so then was disheartened as DH had been tired yesterday then when said was going to BD, was wide awake today after had said was making a effort, when i tested today again still showed the egg in peak fertility so must have just hit on time yesterday for commencement was about 22 hrs apart so hopefully there was time for some swimmers to catch the egg this morning as didn't test till 4hrs after bd so was 20 hrs after got the green light to go yesterday so glad i wasn't withholding any BD just prove a point that it was on my terms lol

Apologised to DH saying I must be a real nut job and prob do need to stress less, maybe on the outside to him lol don't want to ruin this period for us all together. So hard to not stress when i have this a stressful job and hopefully house to be started in next few months. Might do as some others have said and book in for a massage next week the one before the wedding was awesome and get some relaxation cd's off my sister who is a psychologist i have refused for years when i needed it to help my reflux and ulcer but need to find something to stop it, maybe I am a lil ocd in over annalysing things but not in regards to other things cause i don't play with light switches or over wash my hands if not at work lol.

Thank you for all offers of advice and support greatly accepted from a stressed under slept maniac lol.

Hope more BFP's are coming everyone's way. Since it is DH's birthday tomorrow may even BD again even though tomorrow may surely be too late this period, but I'm not instigating its his turn only whilst ttc after that i guess he wont feel like its only so he can be used and abused lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Maybebaby2  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobbler, I can relate to you on do many things.
    My DH has been a little difficult to get on board the TTC boat too! He wants a baby, has done for a long time, but he doesn't want the pressure. I didn't even know I was putting any on him.
    So we talked it out too & things defo seem to be in a better place now.

Husbands aye! Who'd have 'em lol