Closed Thread
Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    miss v - good luck not testing!

shadow - just properly read through everything you've been dealing with with your Mum - gosh I hope she's alright. Was she having an anxiety/panic attack? Or something else? I hope she is feeling better and that her wrists will be on the mend soon. Hope you have people looking after you too because you must be so busy looking after her!

And Nomie — I don't know if you're still around but we'll miss you if you bow out.. hope recovery from surgery went well and you have a breezy wait before coming back to TTC.

GAH Blotched I can't believe you didn't test! I am DYING to know! No pressure :P

AFM I have never done this before so this week is sooo exciting! I am CD10 in the lead up to O. I have been watching and waiting and hoping that all my symptoms match and so far so good! Today I got EWCM so I can't wait to get home from work and DTD. Ladies who get EWCM do you normally O the next day or maybe 48hrs later?

I watched an amazing TED talk video about conception to birth, and also some animated 3D videos on YouTube about how conception works. I can't believe how amazingly complex our bodies are. It's incredible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blotched - the suspense is killing me. Hope af does not show up and we see a photo of your BFP this week.

Elswyth - thanks - gonna need all the willpower I have.
    I completely agree with you re our amazing bodies. You don't really give it a lot of thought until you are on the ttc journey and when you are, you just realise how truly amazing the body is and how conception really is a miracle of sorts. So many things have to go right at the precisely right time!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss v For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-05-2013),elswyth  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Argh! Somehow my phone unsubscribed from the thread but I'm back now!

Blotched! Omg! Fx the temp grip was due to dh sleep walking. I'm soooo excited for you! We need more bfps

Good luck to all who are coming up to o/testing!

Becca, welcome

Mumma, congratulations! How gorgeous was your dress!

Disney, good job on no weight gain!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, going from memory on my phone and can't see replies.

Afm, thanks for asking ladies. Mum is doing better now. She just went into shock as a result of the intense pain. She have birth to both my little brotherand i with no pain relief at all, ds was posterior and came out that way too so quite painful, and she said she would rather do labour again! She had taken 2 panadine forte at home but they done nothing, went to hospital and after 2 injections within an hour she got some relief. The left is broken and more in a cast, the right is sprained but slowly coming better.
    She has a lady come to shower her as she can't with both hands out of action, and the lady also does 2 hrs of housework a week until next month sometime.
    I have had to over come my fear of needless very quickly. I have to give her her insulin twice a day! It seriously made my stomach very ill last week! But im coping better.

I just feel like I have 2 kids as I have to get her all her food and drinks and unless its finger food, I also have to cut it up! I did have to feed her last week! Now, if only she would eat when ds does instead of an hour or so later.... Lol

Im just waiting for my fertile period..probably this time next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss v View Post
    Disney - how lucky for you not to have put on any weight yet. A friend of mine gave birth to her first baby 3 weeks ago. She got on the scales and there was only a 3 kg difference between her pre baby weight and now. She was incredibly lucky - she was just all bump. Although she now swears by breast feeding and the "magic pregnancy shorts" (have no idea what these are) to drop any weight.
    Oh what are these magic pregnancy shorts you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    All you ladies expecting - what week are you up to? Where will you birth? Any birth plans yet?! Disney, can't believe how quickly your 18-20 week scan has come around!
    Oh jessy I wish it was my 18 week scan!!!! its my 12 week scan I have on the 14th of may. I'm 12 weeks on Sunday I'm birthing at a private hospital and the birth plan is to get the baby out with the least pain possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elswyth I love watching all those doccos our bodies truly are amazing and can do some awesome things if its the right time

Shadow angel
    Good to hear that your mum is doing better now

LIke your plan Disney that is my plan to have as little pain as possible when the time comes at our only private hospital in the whole area you can birth at. Sadly there is such little ability to have much choice between the upper hunter and sydney only 2 hospitals for all of the area. Just aswell friends liked the Local hospital

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Thanks miss v and shadow.

Elswyth, i dont want to know unless its a bfp! i usually get 3-4 days of ewcm and o on or the day after the last day of ewcm.

I'll see how i feel tomorrow morning but i cant promise anything! Kind of scared to test now. Its strange i had a very convincing temp drop but no feelings of af yet.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 06-05-2013 at 18:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney my guess is the pregnancy recovery shorts, they are firm and supportive to wear after birth to help you get back into shape.
    having a baby is a way to see scales drop! I gained 8kgs over the whole pregnancy.... I jumped on the scales when ds was 10 days old.... I was 7kgs lighter than when we concieved!! (a loss of 15kgs!!!) Sadly I've put it all back on but its coming off slowly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Disney my guess is the pregnancy recovery shorts, they are firm and supportive to wear after birth to help you get back into shape.
    having a baby is a way to see scales drop! I gained 8kgs over the whole pregnancy.... I jumped on the scales when ds was 10 days old.... I was 7kgs lighter than when we concieved!! (a loss of 15kgs!!!) Sadly I've put it all back on but its coming off slowly.
    I might do a bit of research into these shorts!! Oh I like to hear that you only gained 8kgs (and good on you for getting it off, even if it is slowly) Weight gain is on my mind all the time, I know you are supposed to gain weight but its still a little hard coming to terms with it after I spent so long losing it. I'm trying to make really good food choices (granted tonight all i could deal with was spaghetti on toast) and lucky for me fast food has made me violently painfully ill each of the three times (yes you would think I'd stop aft the first time - slow learner) I've tried to eat it (since finding out I was utd) so I can't even watch maccas ad's anymore without feeling queasy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good food choices were my key. I worked in a fish n chip shop the entire time I was pregnant....we could help ourselves, and I never ate anything deep fried!

It didn't make me ill or queasy, but the thought of giving it to my baby just didn't appeal to me....I only wanted it to have healthy food, as being overweight is something I don't want him to have to experience....probably far fetched lol but the pregnant mind is not always the most rational.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    but the pregnant mind is not always the most rational.
    LOL the pregnant mind is far from rational!!