Closed Thread
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #3

Thanks miss v!

Trio - squishy was moving, not much but it still was amazing to see. And the teeny flicker of the heart! Wow!! I also love the lizard in the trees theme! That's really cool!

Funchu - oh I'm sorry af arrived I can't wait for you to have a squishy of your own too! It will happen in 2013 the thread title says so!!

Mare - the joys of hormones! I was balling my eyes out at ed sheerans song 'small bump' the other morning on my drive to work! Hmm I do want some choc chip buns now!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (13-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Disney! That's so cool. But I'm hopeless with scans... I can never tell what I'm looking at.

Funchu, sorry to hear that AF arrived. Not cool.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (13-04-2013)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    That sucks that af arrived Funchu - was hoping it would be your month.

Disney, that scan is awesome...i can't imagine what its like...fx i get a turn soon!

Love the cot...i haven't even thought about bedding yet, still a long way off (at least 9 months ).

I'm going to *try* and relax more this cycle...DH was smooching me earlier and saying its going to be this month, i was like, hmm probably not but we'll still put in 100% effort . Its actually a bit strange...usually DH gets extra smoochy a week before I O but i'm only cd 3 and he's acting like I'm Oing soon! Do you think its a sign a might O early this month? DH is pretty responsive to my hormones btw.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (13-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomie - i had no idea either! The ultrasound lady explained it to me. So the picture is side ways, I'm not sure why it loaded like that.. The blue writing is the top of the picture. The distinctive round thing on the bottom left hand corner is the yolk sack (who knew there was a yolk sack??? It apparently keeps the baby alive and fed whilst the placenta is forming!!) the the baby is situated above the yolk sack. It's the longer thing in the picture. If you look at it the right way up you can tell the overall outline of the blob (ie the head and the body) there is a bright white dot under where the head is and that's the heart.

BT - if your dh is in tune with your hormones I'd follow that!! Can't mess with nature and it certainly can't hurt! I hope your relaxed approach works this month! How obsessive have you been in the past? I was pretty bad/crazy, ill admit that now but I suppose it worked!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Nomie - i had no idea either! The ultrasound lady explained it to me. So the picture is side ways, I'm not sure why it loaded like that.. The blue writing is the top of the picture. The distinctive round thing on the bottom left hand corner is the yolk sack (who knew there was a yolk sack??? It apparently keeps the baby alive and fed whilst the placenta is forming!!) the the baby is situated above the yolk sack. It's the longer thing in the picture. If you look at it the right way up you can tell the overall outline of the blob (ie the head and the body) there is a bright white dot under where the head is and that's the heart.

BT - if your dh is in tune with your hormones I'd follow that!! Can't mess with nature and it certainly can't hurt! I hope your relaxed approach works this month! How obsessive have you been in the past? I was pretty bad/crazy, ill admit that now but I suppose it worked!?
    Af is still hanging around will be here for at least three more days...DH is disappointed he has to wait so long! I don't think i would O before cd10 anyway. But maybe i'm in for another cd12 O?

I've been pretty obsessive...i like to be in control but aside from working out when you O and dtd there's not much else you have control over! Usually i'm a bit more blase about it before O and then go crazy with symptom spotting in the tww i guess i'm aiming for a more que sera sera attitude.

PS. I knew there was a yolk sac i've been at uni too long i think

Thanks
    Reviews
    So good to see your pics Disney, it's very cool isn't it?! You just can't imagine something that small can have a heart that beats! Congrats again - now it really is real! I used to cry at one line in a missy higgins song, I'll try to remember what it was. Love songs take on a different meaning when you think about your baby instead of your partner

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JessyJ For This Useful Post:

Disney  (13-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    I've been pretty obsessive...i like to be in control but aside from working out when you O and dtd there's not much else you have control over! Usually i'm a bit more blase about it before O and then go crazy with symptom spotting in the tww i guess i'm aiming for a more que sera sera attitude.

PS. I knew there was a yolk sac i've been at uni too long i think
    smarty pants! I thought it was a second baby originally (cue slight internal freak out) and then she said and that is the yolk sac, I had a 'what now' moment! But thinking about it, it does make sense.

I was making dh dtd every night from the start of my fertile week u til I had a pos OPk lol. It became extremely unromantic! Let's just say I may have had to beg on several occasions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy wedding day wobbler!!!!! The weather is beautiful today lucky girl!!!

Lilnightmare - your cot set is so so cute!! It's very monster appropriate! I watched Nightmare BC recently and was thinking about you. How's your pregnancy going? Fill us in!

Hmm my weekend is kind of low key. I'm at the hairdressers at the moment then at 10.30am I'm off to have my early scan (can't wait to see the lil squishy!). Then we have to finish painting the skirting boards before our new carpet gets laid.
    Hehe thanks everyone. I'm soo in love with it. Been getting all my bits and pieces ready so when we do set up the nursery, it will look fantastic.

How good is a scan hey Disney? Well my pregnancy so far is breezy. I've had no nausea or ms so that's a blessing. We revealed to our families over Easter and they are thrilled. Dp's family are ecstatic. Within 20 minutes of telling his mum, she was at the shops buying stuff.

I'm booked in for my 18- 20 week scan mid next month so I can't wait to see him/ her again.

How is everyone else's pregnancy or ttc going?

Ps I know I've been slack. Just haven't been on bh much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    smarty pants! I thought it was a second baby originally (cue slight internal freak out) and then she said and that is the yolk sac, I had a 'what now' moment! But thinking about it, it does make sense.

I was making dh dtd every night from the start of my fertile week u til I had a pos OPk lol. It became extremely unromantic! Let's just say I may have had to beg on several occasions!
    Haha...my mum calls me that sometimes

We usually do that too...i've found dh is more willing in the morning if he's too tired at night...then later on he'll be like, did we dtd this morning? (Thinking he might have dreamt it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    Haha...my mum calls me that sometimes

We usually do that too...i've found dh is more willing in the morning if he's too tired at night...then later on he'll be like, did we dtd this morning? (Thinking he might have dreamt it)
    Bah ha ha ha ha !!!!!!