+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to be lazy and re-post from the Syd IVFers thread

YAAAAYYYY Crofty!!

So thrilled to hear your little man has arrived and you are finally a Mummy! I hope you are loving every minute despite the lack of sleep.

Welcome to the world little Braxtyn! Your parents fought so hard to bring you here, be a good boy for them please

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

crofty  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS CROFTY AND DH! And welcome to the world little Braxtyn! I have tears in my eyes, I am so thrilled for you Crofty, after all you've been through, to finally have the family you've yearned for. I hope you are enjoying these precious first days together! I remember my heart swelling as all the nurses started referring to me as "Mum" - the sweetest word in the English language. On a more practical note, I hope you are recovering well from the birth, and all is going well with you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

crofty  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are things settling in with you and Braxtyn? Hope u are home and have wonderful moments with little bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx ladies, just expressing now after Baby B had his feed, which has been so much harder than I thought it would be!! I'm trying to breastfeeding now with shields plus too up with expressed breast milk and formula until my milk supply comes in - anyway anything to feed my little man / we've waited a long time for him - I'll try and post a pic of him soon (stupid iPhone won't let you post from pics already taken!!)

Hope your all well and thanks again xoxo Crofty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you Crofty Hope you are recovering well from Braxtyn's birth? Good luck with the b'feeding It can definitely be a challenge. Hope your milk comes in and it gets easier soon xx

SD, soon to be in single digits till our next 35+ bubba arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty! How is your little man going? Hope breastfeeding has settled; it sure can be hard!

SD- how are you doing?

Hope everyone else is good!

All good with the kids here; we are heading to thailand in march; so looking foward to that. Its been a lot happening in the last few months so i hope we can just relax and have a good time. We are going there for a wedding and with lots of friends.
    We are renovating MIL house as she passed away in december from lung cancer. Been very busy with that; then my dad will startvhis treatment as his kidney cancer has spread to the lungs. Mum is heading to rehab for alcohol...no wonder i feel exhausted mentally and emotionally....
    Im so glad i will head home in August to se my daddy....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi swedeenie, yeah we're ok, my little man didn't take to he b00b unfortunately but I'm still trying to express what I can and give that to him through the day and the formula at night, he's a bit of a lazy eater but a guts ifykwim! He's already gulping 100ml but also few wind so trying to slow down his feeds - will a little down about not being able to BF and with having a c-section (due to failed induction- I didn't dialate in 12 hrs) on top of not bring able to bf makes me feel like I didn't give this little guy the best start - however at his 1 week appt he's already grown 3cm - lol and when the nurse came in Monday he'd put on another 320 grams in 6 days (mist is usually 350 in 7 days!) so I t ink he's going to be a big boy - lol

Sorry to hear of you mil- are you renovating the house to sell? It will also be great I catch up with your dad have a fab time inthailand are you taking both kiddlettes?

Hi everyone else hope your all well, sorry haven't been very active on fB - motherhood is very demanding!!! And DH was really sick in the 1st week we were home so had no spare time to do anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dearest Crofty, please, please, please do not buy into the idea that you have to have natural birth and breastfeed to give your baby the best start in life! Its complete nonsense. I remember with my first child - an emergency caesar, couldn't breastfeed - asking my paediatrician, in tears, how I should feel about having 'failed' my baby. And he took my hands in his, and said I should feel grateful - grateful that I lived in a first world country, where my baby could be delivered safely by Caesarian section, and where clean water meant he could safely be given formula. He told me that as a doctor he didn't care what babies ate - formula or breast milk - as long as they got as much as they wanted to eat, and he told me that the thing that made a long term difference to the life of a child was how much love they got. You and DH have been absolute heroes in the way you have fought for your little boy, when many would have given up along the way. You are IVF WARRIORS, and your little boy is absolutely blessed to have you as his loving Mummy. His weight gain looks fantastic to me - like he is thriving which is not a big surprise as I think no baby has ever been so loved or as longed for as he is. Just enjoy every minute with this little guy because they grow up so fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty- Not as eloquent as Trying, but your little boy is here safe, he is getting fed and he's growing... that's 3 thumbs up in my book! Hope things are becoming easier for you as the days go by xoxo

Trying- you have such a beautiful way with words! Is there still a FET on the cards for you?

Swede- sorry to hear both your parents are facing difficult times. I hope their respective treatments are successful and they'll be OK whilst going through it. Enjoy your Thai holiday, sounds like it is very much needed!

Starf1sh- eek! My ticker is almost in the single digits!! On one hand I can't wait to meet our bub, but on the other I'm freaking out about how fast it is approaching.

AFM- 29 weeks now and is all well with the bub. Very active and likes to stretch itself out so that my belly gets strange lumps . Was breech at my last OB appointment and I haven't felt any huge somersault action, so I suspect will be breech again at next check up. Will find out next Thurs 6/3. On the downside, I have GD. Controlling by diet for now which is good in that it's forcing me to make healthier choices. Somewhat inconvenient with the finger pricking & blood sugar testing, but easy compared to IVF!! Things are coming together at home, nursery is almost emptied-out of hoarded crap and we have most of the big purchases done & dusted. All on track to have it ready for bub by 36wks. Name selection continues to be in the too-hard basket for now, but we've made some progress and have a list of 'possibles' to play with. Some days I still can't believe we have come this far and are actually preparing for a little one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, Sorry I've been MIA so long, I couldn't log in due to technical issues, and have finally gained access. So hard reading updates and not being able to reply

Crofty - Congratulations on your beautiful boy. It's great that you are able to express and give him your breast milk, regardless of how he gets it. It's still very valuable, and it sounds like he is thriving on the combination. T4T said it all well. Enjoy him, you are clearly doing a great job as his mumma

Swede - What a horrendous time it's been for you. I'm so sorry about your dad's illness, and your mother's substance issues. Truly emotionally draining stuff. Enjoy your holiday in Thailand - it is a beautiful spiritual place and hopefully it will help you recover a bit.

SD - It is a wonderful time in your pregnancy. Bub has got a good set of lungs developed, and you can breath a bit and just enjoy his/her little somersaults Sorry to read about the GD but it is incredibly common and manageable, so hopefully the next 10 weeks will be trouble free, and the only worry you will have is what colour to paint the nursery Good luck!

Starf1sh - How is your beautiful daughter? I can't believe she is only a few months away from turning 1! It's a really emotional time. I remember feeling proud and sad that she was growing up so quickly all at the same time. It seemed so surreal.

AFM - We took Stella to her 11mth hip check up a few weeks ago and they said even though her hip is still dislocated, she doesn't have to wear the brace anymore! Her hip bone is growing in the right direction as is the 'ball', and we just have to wait and hope it continues that way. Another checkup in 12mths. She started walking at 14mths, and is extremely active. Probably making up for lost time. She turned 18mths old this week, and I feel so very lucky to have her in my life. Plan to try for no 2 in a few months as I have 2 frozen ED embies and really want to give her a sibling