+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

Simpson, how is protocol going???? How are you feeling - full of energy I hope!!!!

Rubeedoo - how are you doing??? How's the caravan planning going?

How's the new mummies, starfish and sweede??? How's those gorgeous girls of yours going

Hi to everyone else, been pretty quiet in here of late

Afm - we had out NT scan last Thursday and all looked well, we still have to wait for blood results which can take a couple of weeks but otherwise the sonographer was quite complimentary of bubs as he/she was very well behaved for its first photo shoot - we got some great pics - and starfish, so far looks to be a big head - lol!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear all looked fab at the NT scan Crofty and I smiled re: the big head! My DD's head wasn't that massive in the end and was in the high average range. The estimates can vary so much as the pregnancy progresses.

Little Miss A is thriving despite an oversupply/ ?reflux problem which is taking up a lot of my time and energy but I'm still here and cheering you all along.

Swede, hope things have settled for Isabella and all is on track xx
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 30-07-2013 at 19:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Crofty...you must be so relieved now.....big milestone passed...whooo

Starfish - all going ok here...I been giving little miss a few top-uos with formula...but otherwise all going pretty smoothly....
    Poor little Miss A that she got reflux.....can be pretty distressing at times....

How is everyone else going???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh- sorry to hear Miss A is having reflux. I hope you're getting helpful advice on how to manage it and otherwise all is well. I can't believe you've been a Mummy for over one month already... does 'life before baby' seem in the distant past now?!

Swede- I hope your DD is on the right track with the weight gain now. How are you finding the transition from 1 to 2 children?

Crofty- Hi again . Actually yes I had noticed higher energy levels which have come at a great time! Prepping for Dh's massive 40th and trying to get my house "fit for in-laws" had me working 8am to 11pm every day the week before the party. All done & dusted now and resuming normal life. Protocol going well, as I said in Syd thread, pred is much nicer to me than the dex was . Can't wait to hear about your OB appointment tomorrow!

Rubee- Hope you are having fun without the IVF chain around your neck and prepping for your trip is all on track .

AFM- DH's 40th was massive, over 80 people turned up and it went til 6am the next morning. Lucky we had it out on our 5 acre property where the neighbours didn't care about the noise. Possibly my last big night on the booze for a long time and I must say I made the most of it . Miraculously I didn't puke but I was seedy and very tired the next day.

I had my scratch biopsy last Mon 29/7 and it was uncomfortable, but tolerable. AF arrived yesterday so the natural FET cycle has officially begun! First BT is next Tuesday 13/8. I'm booked in for intralipid infusion on 18/8 and I'm estimating FET will be around the 24th Aug. Here we go again... argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson - so happy DHs 40th went well and sounds like you let your hair down!!! Bugger about your scratch, hope your not on too much pain I'm sure the alcohol assisted with the numbing for a while - lol - not long now til the fun begins!!! That's when time flies up until you hit the TWW!!!

Hey rubee how ru doing?? How's the caravan plans going???

Hi swede - how's DS with DD - does he just love her? Hope DD is getting better with feeds - I'm sure your doing a top job mummy xo

Starfish hope your well and still on cloud 9!!! Can you still believe your a mummy??? And to share this special time with your beautiful family xo hope little miss As reflux is easing up as well, poor little thing

Hi everyone else out there lurking

AFM - 14 weeks today!!!! Got NT scan results back from OB today and all came back low risk - so relieved!!!! Have put on 5 kg's - lol, I can only tell in my belly and face, so not sure where its coming from!!!!midwife wasn't very impressed Hopefully start weaning off prednisone over the next couple of weeks a well as progesterone pessaries and see what the immunologist says about the clexane!!! Getting more and more excited every day - still seems quite surreal ???? Except then I'm quickly snapped back to reality when that nauseous feeling only leaves me for minutes at a time - uuggghhh - thought it was suppose to ease up after 12 weeks, I actually think its getting worse!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubee- hope ur road trip has begun sbd you can have a good time out there....

Simpson- yay for the party, sounded like a great night.....i havent done a 6 am session for many many years!!!!!
    Fantastic news with your cycle on its way....exciting and fx for it to work out this time

Crofty...yay for all the results to come back so good....whooo!!!
    Lol about the nausea....dont get your hope up too high...i had severe nausea up til 28 weeks with archie.....not fun and with isabella i had nausea the full pregnancy but it wasnt severe with her, just needed a quick snack....but you never know...it might ease up soon if ur lucky.....i gained a lot of weight with archie in the begining due to nausea as i needed to eat constantly. But after 28 weeks i didnt gain anything with him....

Starfish-how is the reflux going for missA? How r u coping with it?

Miss izzy is a remarkable sleeper, the last 5 night she been sleeping 6-7hours straight....i give her formula before bed as my supply is crap at night, she is on the boob constantly from 5 pm to 7.30 and after that i give her formula. My supply is struggling even with medication.
    Now; if only my young boy would sleep better at night...he wakes up more than his sister....lol
    Otherwise.... All good

Hope you all are good....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to swedeendie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swede, I did complementary feeding with Tom and I found it worked really well for both of us. A nurse said to me that it might not be that my supply was low, but instead that I made babies programmed to grow very fast in the first few months ... it made me feel better about topping him up.

Crofty,
    so delighted to hear your NT results were good! That is a huge hurdle - you must be so relieved! Re weight gain, it is what it is ... remember you aren't in charge of your body at the moment and won't be until bubs comes out, so best to go with the flow and eat as best you can. I had nausea right through my pregnancies sad to say. I did find eating constantly helped with that (although errr not with the weight gain!!!)

SD, I have everything crossed for you that this cycle is the one. It is very hard fronting up time after time (you can see from my signature roughly how many times I had to do it - and that signature is very truncated due to lack of space!!!!) My Tom was an FET so I know they work!!!

AFM, well have started seriously doing some weight loss so that we can use this last embryo. I'm not very hopeful (don't want to get my hopes up) - DH says no more stims so this is my last go round. Have dropped the carbs so weight is starting to come off. Am a bit daunted by getting back into the IVF process - all the diet changes, back on the supplements and of course I guess I will have to go back on the hormones. Booked in for a scan to check my uterus mid through my next cycle. This is just paranoia to check the Ashermans hasn't returned (Dr confident it hasn't and I've had good periods since Tom, but I still worry). So I guess I'm back in the 'waiting to cycle' room ....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx sweedenie and trying for your nausea stories, helps me a lot (not) hahaha- maybe the older we get the worse it gets - uuuggghhh - and I hear you in the eating to make it feel better, just for that split second!!! Or drinking anything, like juices, soft drink, milk, none if which I was really having prior to my BFP as I was calorie counting ( and I only telly drank water to be honest as I didn't really want anything else!!!)

So exciting trying that your back in waiting to cycle land! Ooohh I'm hoping this little frosty is Toms little sis or brother!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying! Wow, how exciting to start again....obviously daunting too. It would be so wonderful if things could just fall into place....sounds like you are doing things to give it 100% chance all from the start. All the best with the tests and weightloss etc.
    Keep us posted....

Crofty...lol!!! Sorry about that
    I know we all are different and different things works for each of us but for me "up&go's were my saviours....i had 2-3 per day.....nausea went with that until the next spell, fruit didnt work at all....
    Cruskits was good with cheese and those little 3 piece cracker packs with soft cheese in them....
    With isabella i had more of a sweet tooth.....
    Hope it will ease a bit for you....fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty- oh yes I sure did let my hair down , may not have many chances to do that in the near future so I partied hard lol. I had no pain after the scratch at all, it was only uncomfortable during the procedure and it wasn't even the scratching that hurt, it was the fatso catheter they used! My cervix wasn't pleased about that!! Yay for 14wks and the fantastic NT results , must have been a huge relief! Bummer about the ongoing nausea though. Have you considered asking your OB for maxolon or zofran? I guess with the drug cocktail you've been on you don't really want one more. Good to hear that weaning off can start soon.

Swede- I had not done an all-nighter like that since my early 20's, it was a good thing I had an extra long weekend to recover . Great to hear your DD is sleeping so well, that must be very welcome relief for you after 2.5hrs of feeding. Thanks for your well wishes!

Trying- Yes those signature blocks don't give us long-termers much space! You certainly went through IVF hell to get Thomas, and with one DS already I don't think I'd have had the same strength as you to keep trying for #2. I've followed this thread for a long time and your story is so inspirational, and the way you supported Starf1sh through her AS, well I can't think of any words to describe that... even though it unfolded a computer screen there was no mistaking your genuine concern & unwavering support. Thinking myself very lucky to have you cheering me on . So exciting to hear you are in preparation phase for #3! I hope this last frostie completes your family

Hi Starf1sh & Rubee

AFM- Feeling very emotionally detached from this cycle. After I 'gave up' last year and was content with moving on child-free, I just don't have those same intense feelings of wanting it to work more than anything. Perhaps this will be a good thing and keep me out of TWW crazytown. We have stacked the deck significantly in our favour- CGH tested frosties, new endo scratch, heavy duty immune protocol- so if it doesn't work I can retire back into post-IVF land knowing we really tried everything.