+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish, she is sooooo precious and beautiful!!!!!! Hope you are still on and your first few days of motherhood are going smoothly!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    COGRATULATIONS STARFISH & DH on your beautiful gift.
    Welcometo the world Allegra, we have all been waiting a very long time for you .
    Starfish she is just GORGEOUS, enjoy every minute öf her

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all of your well wishes and comments about our amazing little girl. We are so in love with her and YES it is definitely worth EVERYTHING we went through to bring her into the world.

Recovery is going well (although I keep forgetting I have had fairly major surgery and overdoing it- ouch!) We were moved yesterday to the hotel (Crown Plaza in Syd) still with midwife support for the remaining 2 nights. Much quieter than the ward and the food and view is definitely better! Milk is in and I have a rack Dolly would be proud of, so was feeding Little Miss A every 1-2 hours last night DH has been absolutely amazing and is managing all the getting out of the cot, nappy changing and burping between feeds.

Anyway, Swede you are next!!! Cannot wait to hear of your little ones arrival very soon

Crofty, I have lost track of when your NT scan is (I'm usually more on top of these things ) but wanted to wish you all the best, you are in my thoughts.

Rubee, Allegra is a name we have had for a very long time. It is Italian and you are right it means 'joy'. I hope your cycle is going well?

Much love and gratitude to everyone else who has posted
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 01-07-2013 at 08:22.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (02-07-2013),SimpsonDesert  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies for crashing in your thread ladies...

Starf1sh- WOW! You are a Mumma!! At long last your determination and perserverance has paid off and I cannot begin to describe how thrilled I am for you and your DH. Thinking of you holding your beautiful daughter has me both tearing up & grinning ear to ear at the same time. Miss A is absolutely perfect!

Whenever I've felt that this seemingly endless TTC journey has gotten too much you have been such an inspiration to me, and I just had to pop by with my heartfelt congratulations to a truly amazing IVF warrior woman! No matter what roadblock presented itself you just found a bigger sledgehammer and smashed your way through. Hearing of your long-awaited success restores my faith that there is some justice and good karma out there after all .

Wishing you & your DH a lifetime of parenting joy! Sounds like it has been a beautiful transition so far xxxooo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh beautiful pic starfish!!!! And I hope your enjoying your pimped up pad at the crown!!! I've heard great reviews about their tweenie pad (between hospital and home ) hope your recovering well and enjoying new born cuddles - bet you and DH are still pinching yourself that she is finally here!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear of swedeenies little bundle of joy!!! Do you have an estimated date yet sweede and is it still a surprise of whether or not its a blue or a pink one????

Hi everyone else - and great to see those popping in to say congrats to starfish!!!!!

I have an OB appt next tues (10 weeks) and I've booked NT scan for 12.5 weeks - from the referral from my GP, just in case as not sure if OB will want me to use his preferred u/s place (I'm sure he will) but I booked one on a Saturday morning just in case anyway. The silly GP didn't give me the BT referred though!!!! Guess the OB can give that to me as well. Also have a follow up this Friday with the immunologist - hopefully start a process to wean of some of these meds, bit over them, they make me feel weird and shaky at times, and play with your head!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    starfish...crowne plaza!!!! where are u in sydney??? i went to norwest private..i would have killed to be transferred to a flash hotel ....enjoy these first few precious days....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish....My bestie El who had a little Charlie about 15 weeks ago went to crown Plaza too, how good was that!!!! Funny it must be cheaper for them to to that then having hospital beds filled up....LOL....and much nicer for the mum and dads

Crofty - we still dont know if it is a girl or boy.....I cannot wait to find out
    We got a date for a c-section...but I am hoping to go earlier..so I can try for a natural birth.... I will let you girls know as soon as I can what if we got a team or team hehe
    But...not time just yet....

I been really run down...with cold sore on my nose and now I got sinusitis.....I just hope I will be better soon....pretty over being sick..

hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are home and I have managed to steal a bit of time between feeds (and naps for DH and I)

Oh Simpson, you certainly know how to bring a woman high on hormones undone! I had tears coursing down my face reading your post and my DH tears in his eyes (he actually went back and read everyone's posts and was very touched). I think you have probably hit a nerve, as I actually didn't cry at the time of DD's birth. Firstly I was so distracted by the reaction I had to the spinal (shivering violently) and I just don't think I took in the enormity of all that we have been through to bring her here... and then my milk came in and all heel broke loose! Spontaneously that gorgeous song 'First time ever I saw your face' happened to come on the tv and I lost it! In fact crying again right now! I just cannot believe how fortunate we are when we came so close to giving up a couple of times. But like you, something kept urging us on. I can't tell you how much I wish for you to to be in this situation very very soon

Crofty, I remember my 10wk scan with the OB very clearly as it was the first time our embie looked 'baby like' and she was jumping around all over the place. I hope it brings you great joy and if you can get them to make you a dvd

Jfb, I went to Prince of Wales Private. Apparently they have had this program for about 3 years and around day 3 if you and bub are well you are able to transfer to the Crown at Coogee. It was bliss and I completely recommend POWP. 90% of the midwifes were awesome and we managed to get breastfeeding started fairly easily (and I was lucky my supply came in day 3).

Swede, I believe it is considerably cheaper to have new parents occupying a hotel room than a bed in a private hospital. There were 8 rooms and only 1 middie and they assume you are pretty self sufficient by the time of transfer but still nice to have the support on call 24/7.
    Have been trying to get a feel for what your 2nd LO will be and I just can't pick it! My guess is going to be team ! So close now lovely, I can't wait to hear your news and I hope that either way your birth is smooth sailing

Ok, I promise to lay off now but I just have to share this pic with you all What an angel! and all was forgiven after she kept us up every 90 mins to 2 hours during the night!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 02-07-2013 at 18:18. Reason: sleep deprived and not making sense!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (02-07-2013),Little Feet  (04-07-2013),PinkButterfly  (06-07-2013),SimpsonDesert  (02-07-2013),swedeendie  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww Star1sh, she's just the cutest! No way you could stay mad at her! Thanks for your beautiful reply, blinked back more tears . I need every ounce of that babydust, thank you!

If there's room for one more in here, I'd love to participate instead of just lurking . Not quite 35 yet, but I will be in 19 days time . I was 31 when I joined this site and started IVF... naively thought I'd be home & hosed well before 35 *sigh*. Back then we were "great candidates for ICSI", having nothing more than a simple case of MFI. 6 transfers/8 blastocysts later... turns out I'm the owner of the most hostile uterus on the planet, nothing can grow in there!

Some fellow Syd buddies already know me. Pink B, Crofty and of course Starf1sh

Hi to all the other lovely ladies , looking forward to getting to know the rest of you. It seems most in here are graduates now!!

Rubeedoo and Hoping I think the 3 of us are the only TTCers? Best of luck with your upcoming cycles

AFM- I'm in prep mode for my 7th transfer which will be a natural FET in Aug. Just started my 6-week immune protocol from the miracle maker Dr M. We currently have 5 blasties on ice, one left over from 2012 and 4 newbies from May this year. We did PGD (aCGH) testing on them all, 3 are confirmed normal and 2 are 'unknowns'. We know they have the potential to be take-home babies, just a matter of whether I can get one baking!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once again starfish beautiful pic - so peaceful xo

Sweede what a surprise you're going to have - I hope you get your wish and go early and try for a natural, how's your expressing the colostrum going???

Welcome officially to the over 35rs thread Simpson!!!! And I have faith that you as well will be become another immune protocol success story!!! And you habe your little desert family waiting for many bubbas arrivals!!!! I still can't believe that it worked first time for me after nearly 4 yrs if IVF and not even a smidge of implantation occurring!!! Then BAM!!!!!

Rubeedoo - how are you going??? Are you just now waiting for day 1???

Hi to everyone else xoxo Crofty

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (02-07-2013),SimpsonDesert  (03-07-2013)