Closed Thread
Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies, hope you all had a great weekend!

I love everyones nurserys so far! So nice seeing all these different ideas

We don't really had a theme as such; I am not a 'theme' person. I bought my first cot set last week it is green and white with a teddy on it which is super cute and good for boy or girl. I got some wall decals; i picked one and my DF picked the other and he loves owls and mine is just a saying that means a lot to DF and I

How are you going Choccie, where is the baby?!

Not long left for you FTM

Ooh and not long left of work for you Toni how exciting!

As for me I am 9 weeks on Wednesday and have my doc aapt tomorrow for my referral for my NT scan and hospital. I am not sure about the home birth I am terrified something will go wrong and i am out thousands of dollars and have to go to the hospital anyways...

Woah 26 weeks left of work for me... thank goodness!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    https://www.facebook.com/Nanny.D.Designs?ref=ts&fref=ts

This is the website for the lady who makes quilts and other baby things. Also I have attached a picture of my quilt for those who haven't seen it.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Nanny.D.Designs?ref=ts&fref=ts

This is the website for the lady who makes quilts and other baby things. Also I have attached a picture of my quilt for those who haven't seen it.
    That is so cute I will have to have a look at her site when I am at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That quilt is lovely Toni.

My aunt has made us a Peter rabbit quilt. I love Peter Rabbit (even named my bunny Peter).

Michelle, I can't believe you're nearly 9 weeks already. If you're interested in home births, I'd suggest researching it as much as you can, and read other people's birth stories. What's the alternative if you don't have one, is there a hospital nearby that you're happy to go to. Have faith in whatever decision you make, and know that it is the right one for you, no matter what the outcome is.

This time in 8 weeks, I'll be on maternity leave. Can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    That quilt is lovely Toni.

My aunt has made us a Peter rabbit quilt. I love Peter Rabbit (even named my bunny Peter).

Michelle, I can't believe you're nearly 9 weeks already. If you're interested in home births, I'd suggest researching it as much as you can, and read other people's birth stories. What's the alternative if you don't have one, is there a hospital nearby that you're happy to go to. Have faith in whatever decision you make, and know that it is the right one for you, no matter what the outcome is.

This time in 8 weeks, I'll be on maternity leave. Can't wait!
    That is really cute, I LOVE Peter Rabbit... I saw the cutest Peter Rabbit bunny rug at Myer and I had to have it even though it was $30

I know neither can I! I have had quite an easy time of it I quite often 'forget' that I am pregnant haha! The birthing centre I wanted to go to gave me a name of a midwife who does homebirths and is apparently awesome I want to meet with her and discuss options. The cost of home birthing is quite daunting and I worry things will go wrong. My only other option (I would consider) is Caboolture Hospital which is apparently really good they have pools for labour but not allowed to birth in them.

If I birth at the hospital I will be doing HypnoBirthing classes.

I did read a few birth stories on here for home births and it does sound quite stressful with the lead up to it as you need to birth before a certain date and if I get GD it makes things more difficult or a big baby ect.

ooh 8 weeks that is so exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I read BlueLips birth story in her diary yesterday, it sounded pretty full on.

That sux that you can't actually give birth in the birth pools. Good idea to meet with the midwife and talk about options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah cannot believe I forgot but last night I dreamt I had twins!! eeeep

I hope that is just my brain playing tricks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I read BlueLips birth story in her diary yesterday, it sounded pretty full on.

That sux that you can't actually give birth in the birth pools. Good idea to meet with the midwife and talk about options
    I read that this morning and my eyes were wide like dinner plates!

I know otherwise I would be banging down the doors making sure i birthed there... Its soannoying.

I am not pinning my hopes too much on one idea as I don't want to be let down when/if it doesn't happen but I really would love a water birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy you are doing hypnobirthing aren't you? I have looked into a few different places group coast is about $560 for two full days; does that sound right? Were you there for full days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid $450 for 5 x 2.5 hour sessions. So far we've only been to the first one.