Closed Thread
Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have my scan at 3pm on Friday and my car gets serviced so I will just call in sick I think... Better than the alternative!

My work is doing their hardest to make me miserable. My boss just screamed at me in front of everyone for forgetting to cc him on an email I sent to one of the guys in the office about a follow up... such a little matter and I ended up crying my eyes out in the toilet as it is so stressful

Oh that is so annoying Toni, stupid airlines!! Hope your DP is okay and not getting too stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They have finally found his wheelchair. Sent it to baggage claim instead of meeting him at the plane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lil smurfy- I did hypnobirthing with DS and will do again this time. highly recommend it. It's not hippy stuff, just based on natural physiology and common sense. less fear equals more relaxed mummy which means less pain as your muscles aren't all tense. I used the Mongan method. Although i ended up with a Caesar for DS it kept me calm throughout and no pain relief needed until it came to the c section. I have VBAC class this week and looking forward to learning all I can to help me get my natural birth this time!

Dream girl- that sucks about the diabetes test making you feel so ill. I have to have that in two weeks when I'm 26 wk but due to my digestion problems i am thinking of refusing the test. Never had it for DS, they don't routinely do it in the UK just monitor your sugar levels via urine and finger prick at each appointment instead. I may say no thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    lil smurfy- I did hypnobirthing with DS and will do again this time. highly recommend it. It's not hippy stuff, just based on natural physiology and common sense. less fear equals more relaxed mummy which means less pain as your muscles aren't all tense. I used the Mongan method. Although i ended up with a Caesar for DS it kept me calm throughout and no pain relief needed until it came to the c section. I have VBAC class this week and looking forward to learning all I can to help me get my natural birth this time!

Dream girl- that sucks about the diabetes test making you feel so ill. I have to have that in two weeks when I'm 26 wk but due to my digestion problems i am thinking of refusing the test. Never had it for DS, they don't routinely do it in the UK just monitor your sugar levels via urine and finger prick at each appointment instead. I may say no thank you.
    Bond Girl - If you didnt have GD with first baby you can request only the hour long test rather than the two hour, apparently its is extremely rare to have it with your second if you didnt have it with your first etc...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (16-04-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nose bleeds - anyone else experiencing them? This is my second this week, I just woke up from a nap with warm blood dripping into my throat - mmmm yum!

I never get them and I've heard they're quite common in pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow, I haven't, but have heard they are more common (cos of more blood pumping around?) in pregnancy.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I think so, and mucous membranes are more sensitive. It's yuck!

Also baffles me why teachers used to tell kids to hold their heads back, it just makes the blood go into your throat! Yuck!!!

Ah I seem to be skipped all the obvious signs of pregnancy and getting the subtle ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah it is yuck. I used to get them heaps as a kid. I hate any kind of gunk running down the back of my throat

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM I will post pics once it is actually starting to look like a nursery. At the moment it's still empty and being painted. I have started getting bits & pieces together though (bunting, lamp shade, personalised cushion, letters for the bedroom door) And super excited to get home and see our furniture, clothes and heaps of other stuff we bought off my cousins sister in law. DH picked it up today!

I think it's normal to feel that way FTM. It's a whole new world. I'm feeling anxious about finishing work, finances and trying not to think about the birth yet! Great buy on the car seat too!

MCB - your work sounds horrible. What industry are you in? I'd be calling in sick Friday. Stuff them.

Dreamgirl - Good luck with your results. I was told by my GP from 1 April 2013 everyone now has to do the 2hr test. Not sure how correct this is and if there are exceptions...

Lil smurfy - yay for winning!!

Rainbow - never experienced blood noses but have read they do occur more frequent when pregnant. Hopefully it's a once off, doesn't sound pleasant.

Waiting - hope the fatigue eases off soon. I remember being exhausted in the first trimester.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you are all well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob has only told me I need to do the 1 hour test. Hope that's correct