Closed Thread
Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hate typical nursery themes and bedding. I don't like baby pink or blue either.

If we have a girl mum is making a quilt out of Cicely Mary Barker flower fairies material in red and cream, and she will have flower fairy prints framed on her wall. If it's a boy I don't know (because I'm sure it's a girl).

So underwhelmed by everything, and we are glad to have online shopping so I can find red cot sheets etc to match, because all you can buy for girls is pink or white!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I unfortunately caved today and told someone the names we have picked out.....kinda feel like I have cheated on DH...don't think he will lose sleep over it - wasn't a family member or close friend...but you know...

Rainbow - exactly! I said even if I knew what gender we were having, I still wouldn't have a pink or blue room. We have a nice soft brown type colour and white furniture. Then once bub is born, we will get highlights of the colour and put here and there - nothing over bearing! I want to go all out and theme it up when I know the personality of the toddler (fairy/thomas the tank engine/ben 10...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For sure. I want a nursery that can be suited to a little girl, too (or boy!)

So mum will make bedding, I'll do my own prints for walls and I will avoid pink until it's my child's decision to have a pink room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I may have felt bub this morning. I felt these two successive bubbles, deep inside below my belly button, kinda felt like I needed to fart, but I didn't. That was all. But it felt different - like something really tiny was somersaulting. I'm only 11+5, so dunno if it's possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have actually picked a light blue to paint bubs room, when we picked it the room was just known as the spare room. Its not likely to be painted before bub arrives so if we have a girl we may change the colour. But we picked it because we like it, no other reason.

As for movement rainbow I can't help you there, with my added padding, anterior placenta and not knowing what I was feeling I didn't feel bub until 22w

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha miss x and rainbow I went with a brown and bright green theme with a few jungle animals maybe more towards a boy (what we are having) but still a bit neutral. Rainbow I know what u mean about finding stuff of course everything I could find that was green and brown was in the US and they wouldn't ship to aus! My biggest drama was curtains!! My aunty who hangs curtains for a living I think was a bit 'disgusted' with my colour choice and kept pushing for me to change to green and blue or kids patterns which I didnt want. I was going to post some pics but am on the new phone so don't have any, will do later.

Ftm I LOVE your nursery its perfect not over done just simply STUNNING and I LOVE that bright pink!

Rainbow I hope it was bub, I think the earliest I felt this bub was around 14 weeks.

Ohh I do have a pic of the lamp shade I covered yesterday to match the room I love the jungle ones u can buy but refuse to pay $80 this is a $12 target one. Shame I didn't know now before I started it, I wouldn't have made mistakes

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to k17 For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow, if it's a feeling you haven't felt before, it is quite possible it was a bub. A lot of people say early on that you are just feeling gas bubbles, but if you wouldn't normally feel gas bubbles, then I don't completely believe that any early movement should be put down to that.

I think I first felt bub at 13 weeks. I curled up in a ball on the couch and felt this quick movement that felt like something moved out the way. After that I didn't feel much until about 18 weeks and definite kicks at 19 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    Haha miss x and rainbow I went with a brown and bright green theme with a few jungle animals maybe more towards a boy (what we are having) but still a bit neutral. Rainbow I know what u mean about finding stuff of course everything I could find that was green and brown was in the US and they wouldn't ship to aus! My biggest drama was curtains!! My aunty who hangs curtains for a living I think was a bit 'disgusted' with my colour choice and kept pushing for me to change to green and blue or kids patterns which I didnt want. I was going to post some pics but am on the new phone so don't have any, will do later.

Ftm I LOVE your nursery its perfect not over done just simply STUNNING and I LOVE that bright pink!

Rainbow I hope it was bub, I think the earliest I felt this bub was around 14 weeks.

Ohh I do have a pic of the lamp shade I covered yesterday to match the room I love the jungle ones u can buy but refuse to pay $80 this is a $12 target one. Shame I didn't know now before I started it, I wouldn't have made mistakes

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Very nice lamp K17.

Apart from furniture, the only thing we have for the nursery is a cot set and matching wall hanging. We have a retreat area as part of our bedroom, so initially, bub will be in there, so all her stuff is being put in there. We need to organise the spare room, and decorate for her, but I'm struggling for motivation to do that.

Here's our cot quilt.

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1367709077.535855.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is a very cute quilt Smurfy!

Rainbow - I agree with above - if it is something you haven't felt before, then most likely bub! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    At work I told a (very opinionated) lady that I felt movement and she told me 'no, it feels like butterfly movements', so I dismissed the odd 'feeling'. It wasn't until I could finally describe my movements that I was feeling, that so many women agreed that that is what they felt and they never felt the 'butterfly flutters'. Mine feel like muscle twitching and popping, like if you go for a big, brisk walk and then sit down afterwards!.
    I also had a similar feeling as Smurfy, I was laying on my side and felt a full push out jab - again told, no way too small for that! Others told me, yep if you haven't felt that before and it is in the region that bub is in, than most likely bub! Whenever I feel something, I always rub my belly and say hello

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cute theme K!!!

I know people will be :O when we don't do pink or blue. I'm not quite sure what colours we will use for a boy. The bedroom wall is a lemon yellow- we might paint it though.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367712612.665715.jpg

If it's a girl the quilt mum makes will have a panel of each of the alphabet fairies like this.

I'm going to find a cute boy fabric too though!