Closed Thread
Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much ladies!!
    Toni your answer 'to give birth' is exactly what I say!! I really haven't been worried and really don't give a hoot what anyone says, but I think lately seeing people's reaction to my relaxed state made me think that maybe I was missing something. I am definitely going to keep on going the way I have been.

Smurfy - so glad you said that about Baby Bunting because yes, there stuff is just 'meh'....I am going to look online now and see if there is anything that jumps out at me! I have seen a blanket at target while we were TTC and I was so excited to see it - should have bought it, but I know when I see it again, I am going to squeal! haha

Thanks ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    Miss x I went into my first labor with exactly your birth plan! Hoping for natural drug free but if I want an epi then give me one, if baby needs to ge out then cut him out! I had no theme with ds yet this time around I have made more of an effort to have a theme for this bub maybe because the room is a but more bland than ds room. But I refuse to pay big $$ for the theme so have done a lot myself

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Done! then I am keeping to my plan! haha Now I can say that others have defitinely done it without a plan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss X u sound like me!! I keep feeling guilty cos I've wanted and tried for this pregnancy for so long yet I'm almost completely in denial about it!! Just not someone who gets all girly squeal excited about stuff. We won't be finding out the sex so there's no real excitement over buying stuff either. Same deal with DD. was very blasé, didn't have a birth plan (wanted natural but happy for c-section if it meant bubs was safe) and trust me, I has NO problems bonding with DD whatsoever!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Thank you so much ladies!!
    Toni your answer 'to give birth' is exactly what I say!! I really haven't been worried and really don't give a hoot what anyone says, but I think lately seeing people's reaction to my relaxed state made me think that maybe I was missing something. I am definitely going to keep on going the way I have been.
    Thanks ladies xx
    Some other things I say, when asked what I'm having "a baby" which is normally followed by what would you prefer "healthy"

I am going in with preferences for my birth like you have said but am also realistic enough to know that what I want and what happens is not always the same. Same as breastfeeding, I would prefer to breastfeed however if that doesn't work for me I will formula feed as long as my baby is fed I don't care how it happens ultimately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Done! then I am keeping to my plan! haha Now I can say that others have defitinely done it without a plan!
    And I ended up having a great labor all with just gas and no tearing so I am hoping u have a great one too and you have a good experience people are also quick to tell u their horror stories

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to k17 For This Useful Post:

MissXamA  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another here that won't squeal with excitement and sometimes wonder if I will bond with my girl. I love her already but I wonder why I'm not ecstatic about everything related to her.

MissX I hated every cot set I saw. I don't like the themes out there like giraffes and owls and I hate really babyish nurseries. I ended up getting my cot set custom made by a lady in the USA as no one could work out what I wanted!! I hate baby pink but love love love fuschia.

I know my nursery isn't for everyone but I love it! I also like polka dots and incorporated it into my cot bedding set. Here's my nursery if you never saw it

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367666821.973479.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367666886.533918.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahahahaha Toni!!! We sound so alike - although I guess there isn't too many comebacks is there when pregnant? "what are you having?" me - 'a baby!' duh!!

Thank you K - I am really feeling so reassured now and glad I wrote that long post - DH doesn't get it and was a little confused as to why I was feeling this way and he said 'babe, you fall in love with every puppy you meet and you never birthed them! you will bond so well with the baby as soon as you see bub' and it is true...I mean I know babies aren't puppies...but I get where he was coming from!

FTM - I LOVEEEEEE your nursery - your wall colour is very similar to ours and we are going white furniture too! LOVE!! Thank you so much for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX you wouldn't think there are many comebacks when pregnant but people are always really surprised when you say you are having a baby. They also hate that we won't tell them what names we are thinking of. But we have told no-one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM - I LOVEEEEEE your nursery - your wall colour is very similar to ours and we are going white furniture too! LOVE!! Thank you so much for sharing
    Thanks missX .. so glad you love it cause I love it
    It's fairly plain but I like the simplicity of it. There is a wall decal yet to go up of a little girl on a swing that is hanging from a butterfly tree. Its huge!! I'll post a photo once I finally put it on the wall!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your nursery is lovely FTM.

I'm the same with names. People don't understand why we won't tell them the name. It's not open for discussion and I don't want people's opinions on it (Though I have asked for middle name advice on here before, but that's different). People know what we are having, they can wait til she's born to find out her name