Closed Thread
Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starting to gather things for hospital bag for bubs and myself. How many onesies, singlets, hats, blankets etc should I be packing? I'm going public so will only be in prob 2 nights. I'm so clueless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe - have a look on the buhhub website, it has a guide on there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm just looking at the bubhub guide. It says 3 singlets and 3 grosuits (at least), in at least 2 sizes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay tonis not long, hopefully the next week doesn't drag for u! 3 weeks for me to finish work.

C'mon baby choccie, u can come out now!

Felh those pics are soo cute and clear!

I finished another project for the nursery today, I recovered a white lamp shade to match the nursery but unfortunatly didnt come out as good as I hoped. The colours look great but I glue it onto the shade with fabric glue and where the glue is thickest it has gone a darker colour never mind though sure bubs won't notice lol.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have to share from DP this evening, so far he has shrugged off getting anything organised based on "we have heaps of time" I have quietly gotten a few things organised but not much. Mentioned to him that one of the mums in my DIG has gone into labour. He has now decided I need to pack my hospital bag and get sheets for the basinette etc. Bahahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fel pics of hub are sooo gorgeous! Can't wait to get ours done - still have about 7 weeks before we can get them done. Do you have a name ready to go or still deciding?

I went shopping with my best friend to organise a baby registry for my baby shower and before that I met with a friend who had her 2nd baby 12 weeks ago and I have come away feeling a little deflated from both visits!
    My friends (and other women lately) have been asking what my birth plan is and what are my thoughts around birthing. For me, I am happy to go natural and will try all I can to avoid a ceaser. Last year I had major stomach surgery where my stomach muscles were cut through and the recovery was not fun at all. So if I can avoid that, I would prefer that. Therefore I am happy that when my contractions start, I will go the hospital and get in whatever position I feel most comfortable in. In regards to an epidural, I have decided that if I am 3 cm dilated & in major pain - give me that needle, but if I get to the point of no return and still able to handle the pain, then I will continue on without the drugs!
    So essentially, I really don't have any plans........and boy is that driving people crazy!! I am not stressing about the birth, not even worried - to me it is a fact of life and really happy to play by ear at the time. If bub is in distress and I need to have a caesar - then get me into the operating room and get bub out! My only 'plan' is to do whatever it takes to have bub come out safe and healthy....

Then walking around baby bunting looking at things to put on my registry and I realised I am not walking around squealing with excitement at all the baby stuff...I really just don't like a lot of stuff and therefore not really fussed....I am not into giraffes or monkeys or bears or owls...I am a polka dot and stripes kinda lady! But again, it is concerning grandparents and friends that I have no 'theme'. I keep telling people, essentially the nursery is my room as I am the one really noticing it! haha - I am looking forward to when bub is a toddler and we can make the room into whatever they are into when they are 2/3 and really theme it up then!

Anyways, so I have come away thinking... am I being too blasé about all of this and why am I not squealing with delight and excitement over little clothes?? While I doubt it, part of me is wondering if when bub arrives I am just going to look at him/her and go 'hey' and go about my day?? am I not going to bond?? or do I just need to do what I have done for the past 22 weeks and not be influenced by anyone and keep going about my day not stressing like I do with everything else?? I seriously can't wait for bub to arrive and really think all of the excitement will kick in then.

But then as I type this I wonder.......is it because I don't know the gender and I think there is no reason to look at boy or girls stuff, the reason why I am not getting all excited?? I really don't want to know, because I want that surprise! but then I don't want to give the impression that I don't care!

DH just says that people have always had an issue with me not being a stress head - it is the trait people love about me, but then it drives them nuts!

Anyone else gone through this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Just have to share from DP this evening, so far he has shrugged off getting anything organised based on "we have heaps of time" I have quietly gotten a few things organised but not much. Mentioned to him that one of the mums in my DIG has gone into labour. He has now decided I need to pack my hospital bag and get sheets for the basinette etc. Bahahaha.
    haha ny cousin had her baby at 28 weeks and she has told me to get my butt into gear and start buying stuff - told her I have plenty of time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX don't worry about other peoples reactions, when asked what my birth plan is I tell people "to give birth" when asked about themes I tell people we like animals and hate pink but don't really have one. I have so far purchased minimal clothing etc for bubs and I am yet to squeal. I am normally a stress head but am incredibly relaxed this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, I think it's great to go into childbirth with no firm plan in mind, cos then you won't come out of it disappointed that you didn't get the birth you wanted. How you have your baby is nothing to do with other people, they can plan how they want, and you can do what's right for you.

As for the nursery, if you don't want a theme, don't have one. If you want polka dots, then that is your choice.

I was excited about bub from the minute I found out I was pregnant, but knowing the sex has certainly made shopping easier. I didn't like any of the girl cot sets at baby bunting, so I searched online until I found exactly what I wanted. I think not getting excited at baby bunting is completely understandable. They are great for general baby items, but when it comes to clothes and Manchester etc, I think their range is lacking something. it is just boring. But other shops, I get really excited and lucky over there things. It could just be that baby bunting isn't to your taste.

Try to relax as much as you can. There is no point stressing because you're not stressed. Keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure when bub is here, you will be extremely smitten and excited.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

MissXamA  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss x I went into my first labor with exactly your birth plan! Hoping for natural drug free but if I want an epi then give me one, if baby needs to ge out then cut him out! I had no theme with ds yet this time around I have made more of an effort to have a theme for this bub maybe because the room is a but more bland than ds room. But I refuse to pay big $$ for the theme so have done a lot myself

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app