Closed Thread
Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope we can see and hear it! I look forward to showing my mum and sister the pictures on Sunday if all goes well My mum is so excited. She has bought so many clothes and toys already and got a photo frame that says "Me and Grandma" for her first photo with Blip so cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting- wow sorry to hear your hubby is having such a tough time of it health wise. I really hope bub is ok and doesn’t have Marfans. You must be extra annoyed at your sister telling people when you have this extra consideration. How awful to blame it on DD!
    K17 and Nila- how did your GD tests go? I am due for mine next week and definately asking my midwife for an alternative drink as due to my gastroparesis I think it’ll make me throw up. Was reading online you can just mix sugar and water, or use grape juice etc. If not, I will just refuse the test. Never had it with DS (they only do urine testing in the UK unless you have symptoms) so don’t feel it’s actually necessary anyway and certainly not making myself sick for it! Hope my midwife is understanding, she’s been great so far!
    Rainbow- hooray for telling family, I love that moment!
    MCB- sorry your symptoms have appeared, sounds so textbook! Good luck for your scan, sure everything will be fine.
    Maybee baybee- I wouldn’t necessarily recommend watching one born every minute too often. Everyone has such a different birth. Some people freak out, seem in lots of pain and make a big drama of it. Others stay relaxed and focused and just get on with it. Perceptions of pain and thresholds for it are different too. Your labour will be totally individual and you will do great. J
    Thankfully, my DH is very relaxed and practical about birth. He will just get on with whatever happens and was great at supporting me last time and through the c-section (as I was very scared). He wanted to look over the curtain at what was going on during surgery but then thought better of it!
    Lil Smurfy- Yay for your hypnobirthing classes! Talking about one born every minute again, the woman who had the epidural may have been more tense and scared than the woman with no pain relief (who knows what to expect after 8 kids and has little or no fear) and that’s why she seemed in more pain. This is exactly what the hypnobirthing classes talk about. Reducing fear equals reducing tension and therefore pain. I’ll be starting my affirmations and relaxation exercises from next week (just turned 26 wks so heading towards 3rd trimester) and I truly feel they help you feel more confident, relaxed and positive about birth.
    FTM- enjoy your weekend! Like yours, my DH is 40 at the end of May and we’re off to the Gold Coast for a week to celebrate with DS too. I’ll be 30 weeks so much less likely something will happen for me though.
    Hi to everyone else!
    AFM- I am totally slacking at work today as hardly anyone is here and I took a 2 hr lunch to go to a nice restaurant with DH, who also has more freedom at work today. Was nice to have a posh meal without DS there chucking the salt shaker around!
    My baby girl is very active each day now, her moves and grooves make my tummy shake! I have booked my 3D/4D scan for when I am in the Gold Coast and will be 30 wks. It’s way cheaper than here in Canberra (everything is!).
    Also really happy my mum has booked her flights from the UK and is arriving here two weeks before my due date. Her help with DS/housework/cooking will be a Godsend! Plus I want to see her of course J

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You may as well slack at work while you can. There's hardly anyone here too. I've done all my work, now just waiting til home time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess only time will tell how both myself and DH will deal with labour!

FTM - enjoy your get away. It will be lovely and hope bubs stays put for a bit longer. We are looking at a couple of nights away when I'll be 35/36w so I know what you mean about worrying.

Rainbow - what an awful dream! I had one the other night & woke up hysterically crying. DH had to calm me down. It seemed so real (yet it so wasn't plausible either!) hopefully you don't have any more bad dreams.

Bond - slack off while you can, I bet it doesn't happen all that often.

Weekend involves a chiro apt tonight (which has really helped the pelvic pain) picking up pram off lay by and sorting through baby clothes. Out to my sisters for a roast dinner tonight, yum! DH on night shifts sat/sun so quiet night on the couch for me. Boring but so what I need!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I don't have good news, they couldn't find a heartbeat at my 9 week scan today and bub hasn't grown so looks like this little bub died at 6 weeks. Feel so numb and no idea what to do I hate the feeling that I have a dead baby inside me. I have dr appointment on Monday to see what they are going to do about it. I'm guessing I will have a d&c sometime next week. :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh shelby that really sucks. Ive been updating my fone all day waiting to hear how you went. I am so sorry. Great big hugs xx

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Well I don't have good news, they couldn't find a heartbeat at my 9 week scan today and bub hasn't grown so looks like this little bub died at 6 weeks. Feel so numb and no idea what to do I hate the feeling that I have a dead baby inside me. I have dr appointment on Monday to see what they are going to do about it. I'm guessing I will have a d&c sometime next week. :'(
    Hi Shelby - sorry for your loss, hope everything works out for the best. Stay strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Shelby I'm so sorry I've been wondering about u all afternoon. Sending massive hugs to u, its a horrible situation to be in. feel free to pm me if u want someone to talk to xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry for your loss Shelby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!! So sorry I have been MIA this week, working is so much easier than looking after a naughty toddler!! So much to get organized and catch up on that I have been letting slide while working so have been trying to get it out of the way thins week, just need to clean the windows and I think I have done everything!
    Sorry no personals as I'm on my phone making it hard to remember!
    FTM - are u due same day as me? I am 37 weeks as I yesterday...? Or it due date when the c section is scheduled? Could explain it! Regardless enjoy it break!

AFM - I have been really uncomfortable this week, it's painful to bend over now and sleep what's that? I also have a cold thanks to dd for sharing with me!
    I have been having a few twinges which I keep praying is labour pains but appears not, my lower belly area has been a bit achey today so I'm just crossing my fingers that something is happening as I am over it already! Could someone invent 'baby is cooked' button that I could press? Lol
    Sounds like everyone has a great weekend planned, we haven't got much on the calendar at all, might be time to squeeze in some rest!
    The one born every minute program is horrible! I swear they take the worst births they can find and film them lol! I refuse to watch it as it freaks me out and so nothing like the birth I experienced!
    DH cut the cord of dd but didn't spend too much time if any down the action end, I really think it depends on what's going on in the room as to how comfortable they are, I personally wouldn't even worry about it, husbands will make the right decision for themselves at the time.
    Off to have a rest now after spring cleaning all morning bit tired!