Closed Thread
Page 40 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    I bought a cot sheet set, pillow and a change table cover I will have to stop buying stuff as well otherwise we will get heaps of double ups.

I will buy my moogoo stuff Friday and then after that I am only buying a nappy bag and then the rest will come at our baby shower.

Hows the heart burn going lil smurfy?
    I setup a small gift registry at baby bunting, so that if anyone specifically asks what I want, I can point them in that direction. I do need to buy more clothes though, I don't think she has enough.

I hope you're enjoying your shopping.

My heartburn is still hanging around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    FTM where are you lurking? How is maternity leave?
    Nawww thanks for thinking of me MCB
    I'm going well. Just chilling out at home trying to get chores done here and there. Today I did absolutely nothing but watch TV and sleep. It was awesome!!
    I am reading along but to be honest, I'm
    a little lazy to do personals. I'll be on my game tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Nawww thanks for thinking of me MCB
    I'm going well. Just chilling out at home trying to get chores done here and there. Today I did absolutely nothing but watch TV and sleep. It was awesome!!
    I am reading along but to be honest, I'm
    a little lazy to do personals. I'll be on my game tomorrow
    I am sooo jealous. But I am glad you are resting whilst you can!
    I am sure little miss will be keeping you busy in three weeks!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    K17- 5:15am is a killer! My DS does that from time to time and used to do it regularly! Thank goodness it’s not really an issue anymore and he has a 2 hr nap in the day so when I am not working I can also go to sleep. When I have to go to work though it’s a real struggle!
    And yes I do remember we were due around the same time. My dates from scans have varied anywhere from 1-4 August. I think it’s the 2nd based on when I know I ovulated (trigger shot) but midwife using the 4th to give me more time to go into labour before they suggest any intervention!
    Rainbow- I had a scan at 15 weeks due to bleeding and that’s when I first learned it was a girl. But they could not be totally sure of course. But it was the same prediction at 20 wk scan so now feeling more confident but going to book a 3D/4D scan for 30 weeks to be sure! Plus I also had one for DS and don’t want any inequality when she gets older and thinks ‘hey why didn’t you have one for me?’ lol. I’ve already written loads less in this pregnancy journal than the last one!
    Oh and I didn’t end up poisoned from the old sour cream, so DH had a lucky escape! Looking forward to a day off for ANZAC day tomorrow, just planning to relax a bit and keep the pace slower than it usually is on weekends! I live in Canberra but will NOT be attending the dawn service at 4:30am. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad everyone seems to be doing well today.

Too tired to post much so just thought I'd say hi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Waiting, I'm having my ultrasound at Your Baby Ultrasound at Mawson Lakes. I had my gender scan threat 16 weeks (they say they can do it from 15 weeks)

Is there a reason you are having a foetal ECG done (don't answer if you don't want to)
    Ah I was just googling 3d scan and saw them, never heard of them before u wil have to tell me if they are any good cos that's only 5-10 mins from me!

Will explain the ECG when I get the iPad back from DD... She is nagging me for it grrrr!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm back.. DH has a couple of serious medical conditions which could affect bubs. It is believed he has Marfan Syndrome (he shows most of the markers for it) but genetic testing done by WCH when DD was born came back negative. Doesnt mean he doesn't have it though, cos apparently other genes can now mimic it, but the testing hasn't been fully developed yet (and will take years to be done). Serious Heart issues can result from Marfans. DH is also hemophiliac. At age 27 he ruptured his aortic valve which is life threatening for anyone, let alone someone who bleeds uncontrollably. He also had to have a heart valve replaced and now has a pacemaker (he's 36). Its a miracle he is still walking this earth!!

If it is marfans, we have a 50% chance of having a child with the condition. So even if he doesn't have Marfans then they believe it is a genetic heart defect which can be handed down to our kids. Hence the fetal echocardiogram It will be repeated when bubs is around 2 months old.

My ob has been fantastic. She said it was a huge learning curve following my pregnancy with DD and calls my DD a "textbook" as he is the sort of medical miracle u only read about in books

hope that makes sense!!! (sorry its long!) I'm just trying to think positively but it does make it hard to really get excited or really bond to the bubs for a while yet . Family and some friends will know about bubs, but we won't be announcing on Facebook or anything until after 22 weeks.
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 24-04-2013 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow, that's a lot to deal with. Sounds like your hubby is lucky to be alive. I hope the ECG comes out clear.

I had my gender scan done there at 16 weeks. The woman seemed really sure that bub was a girl, no doubt in her mind. Both the sonographer at my 20 week scan and m ob have also confirmed girl. I was really happy with them. Hopefully Saturday's is just as good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Waiting, that sounds really intense, and a lot to deal with. It must also be really hard on you?
    Fx the Ecg is all good.

So exciting for those of you about to find out the gender. being the control freak that I am, we will definitely be finding out bubbas sex. Im thinking its a girl at the moment.

In relation to scans, how many of you had early scans? I really want one at 7-8 weeks to see a heart beat and ease my over active mind, but the doc said its not necessary as I am sure of my dates and that to wait till 12 weeks (THATS 8 WEEKS AWAY!!!)

We told my dad, sister and brother last night and they were all over the moon. My dad was bawling like a baby he was so happy. (Im not sure that he is going to be able to keep it a secret for another 8 weeks though)
    and we are going to tell DH parents and brother today.

It is making it all feel a little more real! (that and feeling sick if I dont eat something the second I open my eyes in the morning lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have had an early scan, but my ob did one at my first appointment at 7 weeks

Your dad's reaction was so cute. It's great they are so excited.

I swore my mum to secrecy for only a few days. She managed it, just. No way she would have managed for 8 weeks.