Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsLA glad AF didn't show up. Have fun telling all your family

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much to catch up on! Hope everyone is well.

I celebrated my 30th birthday last week and had a heap of family come visit for the weekend to celebrate with us. Totally spoilt with a white gold bangle from DH & a diamond ring from my family had an OB check up today and all is well. Bubs has turned and is now head down, GTT was all normal and overall happy. Still measuring a few weeks ahead in size but just keeping an eye on things. I have my baby shower this weekend! Exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Waiting hoping- the main tips from VBAC class which help you achieve one were:

Remain upright, forward and active during labour to encourage good positioning of baby. Also being fit and having a good diet are important so your body is ready for labour.

Avoid coming into hospital too soon after labour starts. This can lead to increased intervention. It needs to be established but not too much as you need monitoring in case of scar rupture, very unlikely though.

Use a birth doula or student midwife who will remain with you throughout and advocate for you. Or a continuity midwife is good.

Use relaxation and positive visualization to encourage a calm, natural birth and reduce need for pain relief. Massage to increase endorphins is great as these are naturally produced in labour but blocked by epidural etc.

Avoid being constipated as this stops baby laying on the left side which is optimal positioning.

Use pregnancy acupuncture, perineal massage, raspberry leaf tea and nipple stimulation to bring on natural labour, particularly if like me you had to be induced last time which is increases risk of c section and other intervention.

I was glad to hear my risk from VBAC is no greater than if this was my first baby and I had a natural birth. I think often people are scared into having a second c section thinking its safer. But if there are no health concerns or complications its much safer to have a VBAC and better for the health of baby too. Reassuring. But a very individual decision of course and everyone is entitled to chose what they are comfortable with.

Just hope I can have the birth I want this time! And you too!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Yay MrsLA so glad af didn't turn up! Have fun telling your family, I bet they will be over the moon hehe yes, I have a nice round bloated bump at the moment which is getting quite firm my doctor thinks I will start showing earlier even though this is my first; My mum was the same

Waiting so happy to hear you have reached 2nd tri! how exciting, hope you feel better soon!

Bond I wouldn't worry too much about the sour cream as techinically it is already 'off' when you eat it within date and I have eaten (accidentally) sour cream two weeks after its use by date and was fine

Petal I hope your moving goes well, 30 weeks would be easier than moving with a newborn I agree!!

Toni I hope your DP gets the funds in time, it would be excellent if he didn't miss the birth and I would imagine he would be much happier not missing the birth too!

Happy 30th Dream Girl you definitely got spolit - good for you! Enjoy your baby shower this weekend! I hope you and bub get spoilt rotten!!

Hello to everyone and happy hump day

7 weeks tomorrow and so excited to see bub on Saturday My super crazy sensitive nose has kicked in and I can smell everything!! and to top it off my 7 month old puppy caught and killed a rat yesterday and the smell was making me vomit all night!! YUCK!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Hi ladies!

Yay MrsLA so glad af didn't turn up! Have fun telling your family, I bet they will be over the moon hehe yes, I have a nice round bloated bump at the moment which is getting quite firm my doctor thinks I will start showing earlier even though this is my first; My mum was the same

Waiting so happy to hear you have reached 2nd tri! how exciting, hope you feel better soon!

Bond I wouldn't worry too much about the sour cream as techinically it is already 'off' when you eat it within date and I have eaten (accidentally) sour cream two weeks after its use by date and was fine

Petal I hope your moving goes well, 30 weeks would be easier than moving with a newborn I agree!!

Toni I hope your DP gets the funds in time, it would be excellent if he didn't miss the birth and I would imagine he would be much happier not missing the birth too!

Happy 30th Dream Girl you definitely got spolit - good for you! Enjoy your baby shower this weekend! I hope you and bub get spoilt rotten!!

Hello to everyone and happy hump day

7 weeks tomorrow and so excited to see bub on Saturday My super crazy sensitive nose has kicked in and I can smell everything!! and to top it off my 7 month old puppy caught and killed a rat yesterday and the smell was making me vomit all night!! YUCK!
    You have such a nice puppy lol I am also one of those people that get a super sense of smell during pregnancy and my next door neighbour smokes outside which because of the dogs I need to leave the open so I can smell as if he was smoking right next to me it really sucks! I hope Saturday comes quickly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    You have such a nice puppy lol I am also one of those people that get a super sense of smell during pregnancy and my next door neighbour smokes outside which because of the dogs I need to leave the open so I can smell as if he was smoking right next to me it really sucks! I hope Saturday comes quickly!!
    I know right?! It is so unlike him... I am not actually sure he killed it or found it and brought it to the back door for me to find (and almost stand on!) either way it was gross!! oh ew, I hate the smell of smoke and people smoking near me! Sucks that you have to put up with that!!
    Today is going so slow... Saturday feels ages away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for No AF MrsLA!!! Hope you have have a very smooth and 'uneventful' pregnancy!

Nila hope your twins stay put for a little while yet and keep growing

MCB Saturday is a day closer yay - I bet this week is dragging for you!

Happy 30th Dream girl!

Hope you get your dream VBAC Bond, pretty sure you are due the day before me

Tonis I hate money and bills and bloody work courses! Hubby was wanting to finish is MED1 (going from deck hand to marine engineer) before this bubs was due - it was only meant to be a 4 week course that we would go 800ks to the city for but that tafe/school has since canned that course - had 3 options fly to the city every week for few days over 6 months to do it - Go to tasmania for 6 weeks (we are in WA) or study it by correspondence for 6 months at a different tafe so that is the one he chose obviously. It would have put his wage up considerably for when the new bubs was here I think thats what he was stressing over but we will make do until he finishes it

Nothing new here, give my house a once over, do the shopping and either have a nap as DS was up at 5:15am this morning or if i feel like it clean out another set of drawers Slowly working my way down the list though at the moment I seem to mark 2 jobs off and add 1 lol and thats just the drawers and cupboards - I have noticed all my blinds, windows and sils need a good clean too

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k17 For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (24-04-2013),MrsLA  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    Yay for No AF MrsLA!!! Hope you have have a very smooth and 'uneventful' pregnancy!

Nila hope your twins stay put for a little while yet and keep growing

MCB Saturday is a day closer yay - I bet this week is dragging for you!

Happy 30th Dream girl!

Hope you get your dream VBAC Bond, pretty sure you are due the day before me

Tonis I hate money and bills and bloody work courses! Hubby was wanting to finish is MED1 (going from deck hand to marine engineer) before this bubs was due - it was only meant to be a 4 week course that we would go 800ks to the city for but that tafe/school has since canned that course - had 3 options fly to the city every week for few days over 6 months to do it - Go to tasmania for 6 weeks (we are in WA) or study it by correspondence for 6 months at a different tafe so that is the one he chose obviously. It would have put his wage up considerably for when the new bubs was here I think thats what he was stressing over but we will make do until he finishes it

Nothing new here, give my house a once over, do the shopping and either have a nap as DS was up at 5:15am this morning or if i feel like it clean out another set of drawers Slowly working my way down the list though at the moment I seem to mark 2 jobs off and add 1 lol and thats just the drawers and cupboards - I have noticed all my blinds, windows and sils need a good clean too
    Today is the longest day ever. Why is it going so slow? You ladies need to talk more so my day at work goes quicker

Always the way... you start cleaning/tidy the house and you discover a whole heap more things to do while you're at it!

I hope I am in a cleaning mood tomorrow! I want to tidy out the Nursery and get it looking less like a bomb site haha.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm still here...house hunting still. I hate it!!!

Two weeks exactly til my NT scan. Can't wait to see my bubba again. They said I should get my results next day which is good.

Haven't had a nose bleed since Friday which is great!

Nila - hope the twinnies stay put for a while longer and that baby girl keeps growing.

K17 - how annoying that the course got canned but at least DH can study via correspondence.

I've been having crazy dreams every night. The other night I dreamt my rabbit was charged with manslaughter for chewing through life support cables

Also been craving fruit tingles but I cannot find them anywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today is dragging.

K17, enjoy your cleaning and try and squeeze in a nap

Nothing much happening with me. Heartburn seems to want to stick around all day everyday. I have a 3d scan on Saturday. My mum and bestir both wanted to come to a scan, so I booked that for them to come too. Bubs is kicking (or punching) nice and high today. Usually I only feel her under my belly button.