Closed Thread
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've managed to stick out the last few days breastfeeding and I think he's getting better just haven't touched my pump!! He was eating every 1.5-2 hours and he just went 3 hours so that's good!! Off to the paediatrician this afternoon to check up on him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies that tin of formula was opened!! Was worried that his weight gain in the last month hasn't been as big as previous check ups and he kept coming off the boob crying paediatrician said start him on solids and give him some formula....didn't want to start solids tonight as I want DH to be there and he was working late but I gave him his first formula bottle at 6.45. He drank most of it then I ended up breastfeeding at 8.45 and again at 9.30!!! What the??? What was your first experience with formula??? I'm expecting him to be quite unsettled tonight as its something new...been asleep for 50 mins so far and I'm in bed hoping to sleep for at least an hour before he wakes up again! Solids tomorrow! Yaaaay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL I only give ivy 1 bottle at night and she went longer when she had it....it never seemed to unsettle her. I hope he is ok, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL I've been up every two hours tonight with Ella, I can't fill her hollow little legs. He could be having a growth spurt like my ravenous little girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmm yeh I thought he would go longer maybe he just needs to adjust and yes km he's probably having a growth spurt too! My hungry little monkey lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL it will probably take him a couple of days to adjust... I was told not to give them formula the first time at night as they can be unsettled as it can give them a little tummy ache & keep them awake... Always try new things during the day so they have time to digest etc... Hope he gets better X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    SL it will probably take him a couple of days to adjust... I was told not to give them formula the first time at night as they can be unsettled as it can give them a little tummy ache & keep them awake... Always try new things during the day so they have time to digest etc... Hope he gets better X
    Thanks Amy I agree with not trying new things at night but I had to give him formula last night as he needed something!! Going to start solids, again tonight, only so DH can be here and be involved too. I breastfed overnight and gave him a formula bottle this morning so that I could express a lot. He went 3 hours before wanting more food, but again didn't finish the whole bottle of formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    And also I've decided to attempt to cut his nails in his sleep...I'm sick of him scratching himself and the little buggers are so tough I need to clip them. He's asleep in a sleeping bag at the moment so I will attempt this shortly...wish me luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure he will love his tucker Sl and great that Dh can share the fun too. Hope tonight is much better for you.

Don't know what date actually counts but thought I would share some cheer, Happy Christmas ( in July lol).ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1372824702.774631.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1372824715.047620.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I'm sure he will love his tucker Sl and great that Dh can share the fun too. Hope tonight is much better for you.

Don't know what date actually counts but thought I would share some cheer, Happy Christmas ( in July lol).Attachment 38722Attachment 38723
    Soooo cute dragon!!! Such a cheeky little face!!!

Have Orlando his first taste of baby rice cereal and he didn't hate it! He didn't spit it out and he seemed to be enjoying himself! Win!! 2 teaspoons for him tomorrow!! Gave him a formula bottle at 7.30, asleep at 8, awake at about quarter to nine...couldn't settle he fed from both boobs then had a full expressed bottle at 10.30...eventually went to sleep at 11pm and an hour later I've just finished the dishes and washing and in bed....tiiirreedd!!!