Closed Thread
Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL can I ask why you are solely expressing? So much extra work for you, i did the same when I had mastitis and was having trouble bf and it did my head in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    SL I exclusively expressed when I was BFing, its very time consuming, just remember that Orlando is way more efficient than any breast pump will be... Although you can see how much you are giving him with a bottle, that can also add to the stress as you can see how much you have in reserve and that can cause you to stress about the next feed, it's a vicious cycle & your stress levels play a big part in your supply. So work out which is better for you & Orlando, what causes you the least amount of worry and go with that especially if you want to keep BFing :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls the reason I started solely expressing is because Orlando kept feeding every 1-2 hours obviously not getting enough food from sucking himself and unable to be woken if feeding at night.. Since I started with the bottles he's been having one 3-4 hourly which is heaps better but it is bloody hard to get in front (expressing now for next feed)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - would you consider giving him a few bottles of formula (or half half) to get in front?
    It's what I did with ds
    Just helped me, thought it may help you, if you don't want to use formula I totally understand!!!! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sl we want to try again in November. Fs said I could bf for as long as I like as long as I have a regular cycle. I had a few bleeds in the first few months then nothing. Last month had a one day bleed and this month a more normal one so hoping that my cycle is sorting itself out ( was told by one midwife that its normal to get weaker ones when bf). Going to probably go to 6-7 month. Already nervous about next Ivf round. Is anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    SL - would you consider giving him a few bottles of formula (or half half) to get in front?
    It's what I did with ds
    Just helped me, thought it may help you, if you don't want to use formula I totally understand!!!! Xxxx
    Starting to think I may need to consider formula but would prefer not to. Ideally I'd like him to only have breast milk until 6 months at least so we'll see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a crazy evening! I have never seen Orlando so unsettled it was either his teeth or a sore stomach but my god the poor thing just wouldn't stop screaming! I ended up giving him straight gripe water and then feeding from the breast until he was asleep! The poor baby hate seeing him like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right ladies it was too much stress feeding from the bottle...went back to boob overnight and he still woke for 2 feeds so no different! I think he must have been going through a growth spurt when I cracked it and switched him to EBM last week...we'll see how we go. I think I've just got to be careful that he doesn't have any top up feeds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    You're right ladies it was too much stress feeding from the bottle...went back to boob overnight and he still woke for 2 feeds so no different! I think he must have been going through a growth spurt when I cracked it and switched him to EBM last week...we'll see how we go. I think I've just got to be careful that he doesn't have any top up feeds
    I was told that if they get into the habit of feeding 1-2 hourly then it's worth pushing then back out closer to 3 hours. I tried it when E started snacking and it was 1 tough day where I had to distract her a lot, but then she fed better again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all is ok SL, it was prob just good to get him out of the habit, so basically like Greb said just dont let him feed 1-2 hourly. When ivy gets into snacking its so frustrating!

I am pretty sure Ivy is too distracted in the day to feed correctly so she is making it up at night....

Fed for 7 mins this morning and that was both boobs, but at night takes at least 15-20 mins and she such hard the whole time....

Gonna ride it out for a bit and try to feed with no distractions hmmm. She is going to be at 8, up at 130 then again at 6 and then up for day at 830 so not too bad and very do able but she was sleeping 8-9 hours and of course is prefer that haha!!