Closed Thread
Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I've created a bit of a problem without realising whoops, Ella has been waking up after each sleep cycle during the night much to my dismay. I'm stuffed..

A few weeks ago Ella decided she liked a dummy. Before two weeks ago she spat every dummy I gave to her. Well the dummy worked as she stopped crying and went to sleep but now I think she is waking because it falls out of her mouth. Fail....

I cannot place the dummy back every hour of the night so I'm back to square one, trying to get her to self settle again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    So I've created a bit of a problem without realising whoops, Ella has been waking up after each sleep cycle during the night much to my dismay. I'm stuffed..

A few weeks ago Ella decided she liked a dummy. Before two weeks ago she spat every dummy I gave to her. Well the dummy worked as she stopped crying and went to sleep but now I think she is waking because it falls out of her mouth. Fail....

I cannot place the dummy back every hour of the night so I'm back to square one, trying to get her to self settle again...
    Oh no!! Orlando was the same has only recently started taking the dummy and keeping it in now but also wakes when it falls out. I've started trying to pull the dummy out once he's asleep and if he resists to the point of opening his eyes I leave it otherwise I pull it out and job done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicsta and km are you planning on trying for another bubba and if so what are your plans on stopping breastfeeding / getting your period back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL I think I will BF until 12 months weaning, then IVF again. I'm not entirely sure this is just a rough idea, I really need to book into the FS again before the year has gone. What about yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL I am undecided about what I am going to do next re more kids. My loose plan is to see FS at 12 month mark and see how I am going. Would want 2 year gap.

Oh KM what a bugger!! I hope you can get Ella self settling again soon!

I often worry I help Ivy too much....I don't put her in her cot wide awake. I have a nap routine that takes bout 5 mins... It's basically a wind down, I pop her down, wrap her (arms out now woohoo) then put her blind down, pick her up and sing and hold until she is calm, takes bout 5 mins for whole routine. I then pop her in cot, sometimes her eyes are already shut, sometimes open, normally she yawns and then goes to sleep. I think I prob need to start to put her down as soon as she is calm and a little more awake...

I don't know...so many questions as a parent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    SL I am undecided about what I am going to do next re more kids. My loose plan is to see FS at 12 month mark and see how I am going. Would want 2 year gap.

Oh KM what a bugger!! I hope you can get Ella self settling again soon!

I often worry I help Ivy too much....I don't put her in her cot wide awake. I have a nap routine that takes bout 5 mins... It's basically a wind down, I pop her down, wrap her (arms out now woohoo) then put her blind down, pick her up and sing and hold until she is calm, takes bout 5 mins for whole routine. I then pop her in cot, sometimes her eyes are already shut, sometimes open, normally she yawns and then goes to sleep. I think I prob need to start to put her down as soon as she is calm and a little more awake...

I don't know...so many questions as a parent
    I usually put Orlando down when his eyes are pretty much shut I think I know his tired signs quite well now though so unless he's overtired for some reason it doesn't take too long to initially settle him...takes longer to resettle later on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    SL I think I will BF until 12 months weaning, then IVF again. I'm not entirely sure this is just a rough idea, I really need to book into the FS again before the year has gone. What about yourself?
    I wanted to breast feed for as long as possible also but also wanted to start trying gain when he is 6months old. FS said its likely we'll be able to get pregnant naturally just need to keep a close eye just in case I do get pregnant I have to go in for treatment straight away. I had a brief chat to DH about it and he's right in saying we should concentrate on our baby now and do what's best for him so I think we'll probably end up BFing to 12 months too...I'm expressing all the time now so he's just bottle fed so will have to express as much as possible to keep my supply up...hopefully it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good plan SL, give little Orlando his best chance and then focus on a new bub after 12 months

I wonder how long ill bf for...my min goal was 3 months...so passed that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan SL, give little Orlando his best chance and then focus on a new bub after 12 months

I wonder how long ill bf for...my min goal was 3 months...so passed that
    That's great my min goal was 6 months although I'm a little worried as twice yesterday I didn't express enough milk for the next feed in one go (which I usually do) and had to express again! I even tried a 'power pumping' session which is ten mins pumping ten mins rest for an hour but didn't do too much! I thought that the more you fed / expressed the more supply you have?! I've been exclusively giving him EBM for a week today and still haven't managed to get a storage supply...the most I've got has been one bottle in front! Going to express heaps today and see what happens! Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    That's great my min goal was 6 months although I'm a little worried as twice yesterday I didn't express enough milk for the next feed in one go (which I usually do) and had to express again! I even tried a 'power pumping' session which is ten mins pumping ten mins rest for an hour but didn't do too much! I thought that the more you fed / expressed the more supply you have?! I've been exclusively giving him EBM for a week today and still haven't managed to get a storage supply...the most I've got has been one bottle in front! Going to express heaps today and see what happens! Fingers crossed!
    Its hard to get in front sometimes when giving exclusively ebm. Are you taking fenugreek?
    We made a similar decision in that I was going to wean her at 6 months to start trying again, but I decided I love it too much and will wait until 12 months then go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app