Closed Thread
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Where's the off button? In need of one tonight lol Attachment 38231
    Haha I could have done with one tonight to km hehe! Very sweet picture!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So funny SL that is exactly my night! Husbands at the footy as well! I wanted a peaceful night, Ella has other ideas she slept 1.5hrs and now is awake blowing raspberries at me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar night, hubby caught up with his cricket mates...wanted to relax but ivy took over an hour to settle and then I just collapsed into bed seems the night for it hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha how funny km and nicsta!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was funny!

How many of you use feed, play, sleep during the day?? Do your bubs have their naps at same time daily? Do you wake your bub in the morning or let them sleep until they are ready to wake?

I know Amy has same bedtime of 7 every night, but is everyone's bedtime bang on or does it vary by half an hour?

I'm just curious

I follow feed, play, sleep ... Sort of. Sonetimes it does end up being play, feed, sleep. Ivy normally gets up at 8, feeds 3 hourly so 8,11,2,5 then bedtime bout 730-8. Then wakes at 5 ish normally for her first feed. But if she wakes at 7 then it's 7,10.1,4, for feeds. She had 1 x 1.5-2 hour nap in the morning and then 3 x catnaps of 30-45 mins. Normally sleeps 14-15 hours a day in total.

I am debating whether I should wake her every morning at the same time to maybe get some consistency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will be starting Ella soon on solids, I was delaying starting until 5 months if ready but this morning Ella was watching me eat a banana for breakfast, just to see what she would do I put the banana near her face and she started chewing! So I think I may offer her rice cereal this week. She also has started crying after breastfeeding, a whinge cry so I think maybe she is nearly ready? She is only 4 months, 18 weeks this Thursday.

On another note she won't sleep until 12.30am the last three nights, she wants to play. Last night I just let her play in her bassinet and I went to sleep. I'm not sure why she is doing this, I put her down at 7.30-8pm and she wakes after one sleep cycle and won't go back to sleep until 12am. Any ideas?

I think it's payback, apparently I was the same and mum just let me play and fall to sleep when I wanted
    Last edited by kmvw; 23-06-2013 at 13:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tend to do more of a play, feed, sleep routine Nic. Only because I find of Zoe plays to much after feeding she sometimes brings a bit of the milk up. I never wake her of a morning though unless I need to have her ready to go somewhere. She tends to wake anywhere between 8 and 9.30 but will happily chat to herself in her bassinette for awhile until I get her up. Lately she has started to almost be lettin me know around 8.30 of a night that she is tired and ready for bed!

Great news about Ella's hips too km, I haven't had a chance to comment before now. It must be so good for her having that time each day with the race off now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    It was funny!

How many of you use feed, play, sleep during the day?? Do your bubs have their naps at same time daily? Do you wake your bub in the morning or let them sleep until they are ready to wake?

I know Amy has same bedtime of 7 every night, but is everyone's bedtime bang on or does it vary by half an hour?

I'm just curious

I follow feed, play, sleep ... Sort of. Sonetimes it does end up being play, feed, sleep. Ivy normally gets up at 8, feeds 3 hourly so 8,11,2,5 then bedtime bout 730-8. Then wakes at 5 ish normally for her first feed. But if she wakes at 7 then it's 7,10.1,4, for feeds. She had 1 x 1.5-2 hour nap in the morning and then 3 x catnaps of 30-45 mins. Normally sleeps 14-15 hours a day in total.

I am debating whether I should wake her every morning at the same time to maybe get some consistency.
    I've only just started doing feed play sleep in the last week (previously feed play feed sleep) and started bottle feeding expressed breast milk instead of feeding from the boob to start to try a basic routine and see how we go.

I try and get him down for the night at around 7...so could be anywhere from 6.35-7.30 or later if his afternoon nap went for longer for example this afternoon he was really unsettled and so didn't go to sleep until 4.15 and he's sleeping now so by the time he's eaten, played for a bit and bathed it will probably be after 8 tonight! He then wakes at around 12-1 ish for a feed and then again at around 4-5 he's been eating up between 7.30-8.30 in the morning. I then have been trying to resettle him so that he gets 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon and then a catnap later in the afternoon and he's been eating every 3-4 hours! It's a very loose routine at this stage and I'm still working hard with the resettling but hopefully I'll persevere and something will stick!

Good luck with ivy - I think that as log as you have established some sort of routine in time those same times every day will lock in once her body clock gets used to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I think I will be starting Ella soon on solids, I was delaying starting until 5 months if ready but this morning Ella was watching me eat a banana for breakfast, just to see what she would do I put the banana near her face and she started chewing! So I think I may offer her rice cereal this week. She also has started crying after breastfeeding, a whinge cry so I think maybe she is nearly ready? She is only 4 months, 18 weeks this Thursday.

On another note she won't sleep until 12.30am the last three nights, she wants to play. Last night I just let her play in her bassinet and I went to sleep. I'm not sure why she is doing this, I put her down at 7.30-8pm and she wakes after one sleep cycle and won't go back to sleep until 12am. Any ideas?

I think it's payback, apparently I was the same and mum just let me play and fall to sleep when I wanted
    Haha sounds like she's ready...we're going to start solids when he's bang on four months on 1st July and will also stay out with rice cereal!

How annoying that she is only going down for one cycle and then not sleeping until later...Orlando was doing this too I have just been persevering with resettling so if I put him down at around 7 he may wake at 7.45 and then I will resettle usually on and off for the next hour and once it gets to about 8.30-9pm he'll sleep til 12-1 when he wants feeding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy Also wakes after 1 sleep cycle at night, I have to resettle. Then sleeps anywhere from 5-8 hours, so it's either 1 or 2 feeds a night depending on when she demands it.