Closed Thread
Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Yep that was us... It's a dream now, he naps for at least 1.5hours at a time... It took about 3 weeks of persistence, we found if we put our hand on him he didn't get a chance to wake up at the end of the sleep cycle, eventually he got it himself.... I'm big on routine, I believe it's a form of communication with babies... Once Myles knew what was going on he was so much happier, same with the nights he has the same routine every night goes down at 7pm and may wake up once but usually sleeps till 7:30 in the morning, I feel very lucky but we did persist with it & put alot of hard work in to get it this way :-) I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!!!! Waiting for the 4 month regression, apparently it's about 19 wks so about 2 weeks away, but at least we know what works for Myles so can go back to what we did before :-)

Do you have any questions about what we did specifically? Sorry I have rambled a bit!!

Hi there
    do you have another baby/ child too?
    i just find it so hard to get a routine on the days that my dd1 is home. O the days she's a preschool I work on it but then on Fridays for example we rush to violin lessons and gymnastics so it throws the routine out. How do you do it with managin the others children's activities as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi there
    do you have another baby/ child too?
    i just find it so hard to get a routine on the days that my dd1 is home. O the days she's a preschool I work on it but then on Fridays for example we rush to violin lessons and gymnastics so it throws the routine out. How do you do it with managin the others children's activities as well?
    No Myles is our first... I think about what it will be like when we have number 2 and hopefully 3, much harder to keep a routine!

We don't have a day routine yet though... The routine we have is what we do before we put him down for a sleep, put his sleeping bag on, rock him in the rocking chair for a couple of minutes then into the cot with his comforter... He only lasts 1.5hrs each awake time so sleep times in the day depend on when he gets up & how long he sleeps for... If we go out Myles will sleep in the cot or pram but at home we try do the same thing.., night time is the same, dinner at 5, then play till 6, bath till 6:15 then bed time bottle & bed by 7 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a great routine and its paying off for you Amy.

William is a cat napper during the day and Ds1 has been really great with our new life with a baby. Maybe having a cat napper is a good thing cause he doesn't seem to mind being carted here there and every where. They say the first 6 months is the hardest so almost there Gampa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might give it a go when we get back from holidays... I think he would be happier with a proper sleep during the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Yay Sl rolling is so exciting especially when you get to see it the first time. Will rolled from his back to front 3 times in the same day and hasn't done it since ( glad I got it on video). Tomorrow is the day for his first taste of food which I'm looking forward too. He will be 4 calendar months tomorrow.

Nala do whatever you need to feel sane re bf. and sounds like the 4mth regression has hit your house too. William had gone back to waking every 1.5 hours for a week then to 3 hourly then last night was 3 hours 3.5 hours then 6 hours (my boobs didn't let me sleep that long lol) so hoping tonight is just as good as last ( maybe even better) which might be the end to our wonder week.

Good to hear from some of the other gals. Hoping dd1 gets it soon for you grampa. Maybe going back to work and getting a routine may help.
    Wow so William went from back to front first?? That's apparently more difficult! Isn't it funny how every bub is different! Orlando rolled from front to back! He did it 4 times and hasn't done it since either! I got it on video too!

Not sure if we're going through 4mth regression or not as the doc reckons Orlando's waking every 2 hours is from his teeth hurting! He's definitely teething! Even though you're not supposed to use baby bonjela until 4mths doc said it was ok so we tried some of that last night and seemed to work I think. He slept a little better last night - a couple of 4 hr sleeps after a week and a half of getting up every 2 hours so that was good! He also just woke up from a nap in the afternoon of I think just over 2 hours! Nice one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Ivy is exactly the same, she just feeds for 10 mins then back to sleep...but I reckon she doesn't take that much, just comfort sucks.

I am off to Perth today, for 24 hours!! But leaving Ivy here I'm a little stressed for her as she is all clingy and I just hope she will be ok, feel like a terrible mother leaving her? But it's a good friends 40th and taking her would be crazy as well as it's 6 hours of flying and then I wouldn't be able to even be at the party as if be feeding every 2 hours... Make sense!

Ah motherhood full of guilt..,I'm so tired but man I love her soooo much, look at her little face, it's like she knows she is being a cheeky little bugger at the moment!!

Attachment 37865
    She looks so cute in her little bumbo....I finally got ours out and Orlando doesn't fit in it lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Ivy is exactly the same, she just feeds for 10 mins then back to sleep...but I reckon she doesn't take that much, just comfort sucks.

I am off to Perth today, for 24 hours!! But leaving Ivy here I'm a little stressed for her as she is all clingy and I just hope she will be ok, feel like a terrible mother leaving her? But it's a good friends 40th and taking her would be crazy as well as it's 6 hours of flying and then I wouldn't be able to even be at the party as if be feeding every 2 hours... Make sense!

Ah motherhood full of guilt..,I'm so tired but man I love her soooo much, look at her little face, it's like she knows she is being a cheeky little bugger at the moment!!

Attachment 37865
    Oh and you're not a terrible mother...have an awesome time In Perth and let your hair down...she will never remember

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that was us... It's a dream now, he naps for at least 1.5hours at a time... It took about 3 weeks of persistence, we found if we put our hand on him he didn't get a chance to wake up at the end of the sleep cycle, eventually he got it himself.... I'm big on routine, I believe it's a form of communication with babies... Once Myles knew what was going on he was so much happier, same with the nights he has the same routine every night goes down at 7pm and may wake up once but usually sleeps till 7:30 in the morning, I feel very lucky but we did persist with it & put alot of hard work in to get it this way :-) I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!!!! Waiting for the 4 month regression, apparently it's about 19 wks so about 2 weeks away, but at least we know what works for Myles so can go back to what we did before :-)

Do you have any questions about what we did specifically? Sorry I have rambled a bit!!
    I do Amy we need to get into a routine is jus not working once we start him on solids he may be a bit better I'm starting to think of mix feeding with formula but don't really need to or want to really...so what did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No Myles is our first... I think about what it will be like when we have number 2 and hopefully 3, much harder to keep a routine!

We don't have a day routine yet though... The routine we have is what we do before we put him down for a sleep, put his sleeping bag on, rock him in the rocking chair for a couple of minutes then into the cot with his comforter... He only lasts 1.5hrs each awake time so sleep times in the day depend on when he gets up & how long he sleeps for... If we go out Myles will sleep in the cot or pram but at home we try do the same thing.., night time is the same, dinner at 5, then play till 6, bath till 6:15 then bed time bottle & bed by 7 :-)
    What's a comforter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    These type things :-)ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1371372141.569590.jpg

I think the thing we do SL is just be consistent whether its me putting Myles down or DH... Do the same thing over and over again until Myles understood what was happening, it now works 90% of the time, sometimes he tests us again :-)

With the day naps the biggest thing we did was to help him learn how to self settle, we thought we where ok since he was sleeping so well at night but during the day he just couldn't seem to strong 2 sleep cycles together, all we did was go in when he started to stir & put a hand on his chest, quite firm so he was comforted, slowly it took less & less until we didn't need to help him at all :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (17-06-2013)