Closed Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes Nic boob was the only thing that settled him. He is pretty efficient now so it only takes about 15min to feed him so I figured it was easier to feed and be back in bed within 20min rather than struggle to get him back to sleep and get more exhausted and stressed.

He slept from 7-2 then 2.20 till 6.30. Can't believe it I'm soooo hoping this keeps up cause I need to get into the same routine. I couldn't go to sleep till 11 then was up from 2 till 5. Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy is exactly the same, she just feeds for 10 mins then back to sleep...but I reckon she doesn't take that much, just comfort sucks.

I am off to Perth today, for 24 hours!! But leaving Ivy here I'm a little stressed for her as she is all clingy and I just hope she will be ok, feel like a terrible mother leaving her? But it's a good friends 40th and taking her would be crazy as well as it's 6 hours of flying and then I wouldn't be able to even be at the party as if be feeding every 2 hours... Make sense!

Ah motherhood full of guilt..,I'm so tired but man I love her soooo much, look at her little face, it's like she knows she is being a cheeky little bugger at the moment!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1371246693.187582.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and dragon in the day time was Will fussy or ok? Ivy seems pretty good when she is awake, maybe a little more fussy but mostly the issue is her just refusing sleep....and finding it hard to stay asleep...she is not at good at self settle at moment and takes longer to get to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first week he was pretty fussy but sorted that out pretty fast. Was more the sleeping and eating more frequently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's what I am seeing, she is fussy if doesn't get attention but it's more her sleep is disturbed and more feeding, but not necessarily taking more, just feeding more often! Anyway I'm on the plane....I can't wait to get back, it's ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy your time away Nic and seek comfort knowing that this crazy faze will past

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Yes Nic boob was the only thing that settled him. He is pretty efficient now so it only takes about 15min to feed him so I figured it was easier to feed and be back in bed within 20min rather than struggle to get him back to sleep and get more exhausted and stressed.

He slept from 7-2 then 2.20 till 6.30. Can't believe it I'm soooo hoping this keeps up cause I need to get into the same routine. I couldn't go to sleep till 11 then was up from 2 till 5. Has anyone else had this happen?

Hi there,
    yes coco does this, and after her 230 am feed I can't get back to sleep - so frustrating as I'm exhausted, and then by 530 she's up again. I used to resettle with the boob at 530am but then I decided not to, used the dummy (not happy with that), and persisted for 4 nights and last night was the first time she slept from 230am til 530 am but then self settled til 640am for the first time. I was still awake from 530! But knowing that she can go to 645 am without a feed is great. Once she gets into this routine ill work on the 230 am feed as I know she's using this for resettling as she's barely feedin at that time, just comfort feeding taking only half of one boob. I reckon tackle one thing at a time.

In the day she used to feed every 3 hours both boobs but the last week or so she doesn't want to and only taking one boob every 3-4 hours. Not sure what to do here, my milk supply is dropping off in response. I started her on some breakfast in the morning - farex in brat milk, but only a small amount.
    Anyone else have this. She's 5 months old now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi there,
    yes coco does this, and after her 230 am feed I can't get back to sleep - so frustrating as I'm exhausted, and then by 530 she's up again. I used to resettle with the boob at 530am but then I decided not to, used the dummy (not happy with that), and persisted for 4 nights and last night was the first time she slept from 230am til 530 am but then self settled til 640am for the first time. I was still awake from 530! But knowing that she can go to 645 am without a feed is great. Once she gets into this routine ill work on the 230 am feed as I know she's using this for resettling as she's barely feedin at that time, just comfort feeding taking only half of one boob. I reckon tackle one thing at a time.

In the day she used to feed every 3 hours both boobs but the last week or so she doesn't want to and only taking one boob every 3-4 hours. Not sure what to do here, my milk supply is dropping off in response. I started her on some breakfast in the morning - farex in brat milk, but only a small amount.
    Anyone else have this. She's 5 months old now.
    Myles is having the rafferty's garden rice cereal (same as farex) with formula for breakfast, he's 4 months on Tuesday, he loves it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish we would feed every 3-4 hours during the day... We've just dropped back to every 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

Amy was it you that went in at 30 mins during a day nap and patted into the next sleep cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    I wish we would feed every 3-4 hours during the day... We've just dropped back to every 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

Amy was it you that went in at 30 mins during a day nap and patted into the next sleep cycle?
    Yep that was us... It's a dream now, he naps for at least 1.5hours at a time... It took about 3 weeks of persistence, we found if we put our hand on him he didn't get a chance to wake up at the end of the sleep cycle, eventually he got it himself.... I'm big on routine, I believe it's a form of communication with babies... Once Myles knew what was going on he was so much happier, same with the nights he has the same routine every night goes down at 7pm and may wake up once but usually sleeps till 7:30 in the morning, I feel very lucky but we did persist with it & put alot of hard work in to get it this way :-) I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!!!! Waiting for the 4 month regression, apparently it's about 19 wks so about 2 weeks away, but at least we know what works for Myles so can go back to what we did before :-)

Do you have any questions about what we did specifically? Sorry I have rambled a bit!!