Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone sorry been mia lately enjoying my baby this is a recent picture of mason who would have thought he was a tiny little five pound when born he never ceases to amaze me this boy x
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    How exciting Amy! What did u and hubby get up to? Was it hard? I had a wedding to go to a month after Zoe and really struggled. I still miss her when I leave her.

Sorry nala, I can't help with that one. Zoe actually preferred the bottle and formula so im not sure how to make the transition easier. Where are u off to? Everyone is going away! We tend to go later in the year around the time of our wedding anniversary. Any ideas on where would be good with a bubs this year? We can't decide!

Haha poo stories make me laugh Nic.
    We had our first wedding with the little man yesterday ... He did pretty good! It was a daytime wedding and cold but not freezing...food came out quickly and he managed two cat naps in his pram!

We love going to the Gold Coast on holiday...we got married up there and last time we went was our 6 month anniversary....15 months ago! We like to go at least once a year but so hard with dogs and now a baby! I think it's a good place to go though...we stay at q1 so have a self contained apartment a nice pool and BBQ area on site, super close to the beach and only a ten min walk to cavill avenue...I miss it heaps! Hoping to go up there around Orlando's 1st birthday but may go up as early as this September / October when he will be 6 months! I hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    What type of bottles are you using Nala? I have given Will Ebm a number of times ( for 2 weddings and my 30th weekend). I use the closer to nature ones ( look like a boob) and he doesn't seem to mind. Sometimes if he was being fussy I would have to push the bottle in a but further ( so it presses against his face like the boob does).

I think you could go pretty much any where Crafty especially if its before the crawling stage. It sounds like I lovely tradition.

William rolled over for the first time yesterday. Dh and I were laying with him on the rug when he got from his back to his front. I started to cry a bit cause was so happy we got to see it together.
    Oh my fish how exciting! How old is William now? DH and I got to experience Orlando's first proper laugh together on Saturday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi everyone sorry been mia lately enjoying my baby this is a recent picture of mason who would have thought he was a tiny little five pound when born he never ceases to amaze me this boy x
    Nice to hear from you meshell he's so cute glad to hear you are well and enjoying your bubs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Oh my fish how exciting! How old is William now? DH and I got to experience Orlando's first proper laugh together on Saturday!
    That was supposed to be oh my gosh! Silly autocorrect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meshell nice to hear from you Mason is gorgeous!

SL ivy has just started laughing as well

I'm still struggling with the cat naps! Most mornings get a 1.5 hour nap and then the rest of the day she does 30 min naps. Yesterday I tried really hard to resettle her, got her resettled and she woke 10 mins later...

Ah well I will just deal with her catnaps

Nala I have no bottle advice, ivy had one every night, we use avent...

Dragon I hope the day naps have improved?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Meshell nice to hear from you Mason is gorgeous!

SL ivy has just started laughing as well

I'm still struggling with the cat naps! Most mornings get a 1.5 hour nap and then the rest of the day she does 30 min naps. Yesterday I tried really hard to resettle her, got her resettled and she woke 10 mins later...

Ah well I will just deal with her catnaps

Nala I have no bottle advice, ivy had one every night, we use avent...

Dragon I hope the day naps have improved?
    Nicsta I've given up on trying to extend the catnaps too it just seems like he doesn't need the sleep in the day time!! He does 3 maybe 4 30-45 minute naps he may sneak a 1.5hr one late afternoon but usually not! Since he slept through the night almost two weeks ago he has been sleeping only in 2-4hr blocks again so maybe he is going through another growth spurt! Poor babies teething for sure though. Also he now comes out of his wrap constantly but still has startle reflex so too young for sleeping bag I reckon. I bought another love to swaddle me up thing which I need to pick up which I'll use until he has control of his arms and he's a bit bigger! We got given a gro bag for 8.5kg + which is what the love to swaddle me up thing goes up to so perfect! He didn't really take too much to the newborn one we bought but a girl at mothers group said that her son hated it but they persisted for about a week and then he loved it so hopefully Orlando will learn to love it too!

They grow up so fast...he's out of 000 growsuits now and singlets so into 00 of those, he's grown out of his 00-1 socks so now I've just bought his first couple of pairs of size 1-2! He's grown out of his infant nappies - only a few left and the next box we buy will be the crawlers I think! He's also grown out of his pram bassinet! We were going to change the pram to the forward facing seat but my SIL showed me her two seater pram that she was going to give us aswell when god willing we have number two and its better so we're going to use that straight away! Yikes! Mummies big boy lol! He's still got some room in his bassinet in our bedroom so still in our room sleeping but I'm sure he will be in his room in his cot in no time!

All our official events are over now thank god - I've got a few things happening this week but only locally and then we will be in relax mode!

Sorry for essay...what's everyone's thoughts on starting solids for bubs ? Who's going to start at 4 and who's waiting until 6 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would pop in and say hi. I miss keeping up with this group but just don't get much of a chance these days.
    All your bubbas are adorable and hope you are all doing well.
    Here is Eliana

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1370865555.083305.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Using the advent bottles, but still have out hospital ones so will try them tomorrow. He's been super grizzly today so have left it.

We're off to Fiji in 2 weeks for a wedding, I can't wait! Between kitchen renos and some family issues it will be great to get out of the country for a while

We are thinking of starting solids at 5 months, just cause it was in the middle of the recommendations. Gosh there are so many pros and cons for both 4 & 6 months. Also it will be easier traveling on the boob!

As for cat naps, I haven't tried to resettle him after 1 cycle yet, we seem to have taken a massive jump backwards in putting down at night, as soon as I put him in the bassinet he starts screaming. We are almost at the end of a wonder week so hopefully it will improve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greb, that is such a cute shot!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

Grebbeci  (10-06-2013)