Closed Thread
Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    1st lot of shots down. Doesn't get any easier but didn't cry this time. It's heart breaking that look in their face

Nurse said it was ok to bf straight after so I proceeded to get my boob out to be ready. She was all embarrassed to have to say I would have to so it outside in the waiting room cause she had someone else to see. Oh well just someone else to see my boob lol. Really think its better to feed as they are doing it though.
    Maybe I'll ask the doc if I can feed whilst he has them plus I will give him panadol beforehand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Maybe I'll ask the doc if I can feed whilst he has them plus I will give him panadol beforehand
    I have Maddison panadol 1hr before needles which made her sleep however she had to be woken as they have to have a drink of something for gastro ?? Then 2 needles one in each leg she only cried for few mins and I had bottle on hand sure enough she settled and then slept for 5 hrs after
    She not long woke little unsettled and redness around her jabs so have little more panadol she's sound asleep again best of luck xox

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs simmo For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I didn't give him any panadol. Didn't with ds1 either not unless he look liked he needed it. Will probably give him some just before bed to help make him more comfortable over night. Will has slept and fed since so seems to be doing fine so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't give DD2 anything before or after her immunisations... She didn't have a fever, so I felt there was no need for panadol. If she fussed or showed signs of discomfort I would have, but she was fine. I'm pretty sure the new recommendations say not to - will see if I can find the info...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to give Ella some last night, she screamed after waking up from a long sleep and wouldn't feed. About 40 mins after the panadol she calmed down and I could breastfeed her. Today she has been grunting non stop, I thought she may be constipated but the doctor said she probably has a sore stomach from the Rotavirus.

Omg don't have a Pap smear so soon after delivery, it hurt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I had to give Ella some last night, she screamed after waking up from a long sleep and wouldn't feed. About 40 mins after the panadol she calmed down and I could breastfeed her. Today she has been grunting non stop, I thought she may be constipated but the doctor said she probably has a sore stomach from the Rotavirus.

Omg don't have a Pap smear so soon after delivery, it hurt!
    Poor Ella hope she's better tonight
    I was lucky I had a pap before pregnancy so I'm safe for a while

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it's each to there own with the panadol thing
    Maddison needed it I would never have used it if I didn't have too but she was so restless and sore around the jab so no choice she's only had two lots and ill only give more over night if she doesn't sleep as she has done a lot I cap napping today hope every one has a good night x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope that didn't sound like I meant you shouldn't give panadol! The recommendations from memory were more re: not giving it as a preventative - only if they show signs of needing it... 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy has been handed around a lot today....visiting family..and she is pretty ratty, hasn't had enough sleep poor bub! Feeding now and hoping she will go down after this... Fingers crossed,

It's cold in melb!!! Brrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes nicsta it's cold in Melbourne!!! Going to hopefully clean out our heater vents tomorrow so we can start running the heaters...