Closed Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very jealous Nic you will have an awesome time.

Not heard of that issue Crafty but nothing I'm sure heaps of people have. If you don't get any advice maybe try posting a general question on bh. Keep us posted cause we all might have the same problem sometime.

I just tried CIO with Will. He will only sleep on me ( or anyone for that matter) or in his swing. Will also sleep in a bouncer at the gym crèche and in the pram when we are out but never in his cot. He went for over an hour and a half. I just kept going in to reassure him and in the end had to change him bum and gave him some boob to rehydrate. He is down now but not holding my breath for it to be very long. How long has anyone's bub gone for before giving in? It's heartbreaking but I really think its needed ( can't hold them forever right?).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon ill write later on The CIO, just got a few things to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon we did the CiO and it worked quickly for us. The first night we let her cry for 40 mins before she went to sleep. I would check on her and try to soothe her during it. The next night she did te same thig for about 10 mins and has been good as good since when I put her down. She might grizzle for a couple of minutes but will settle down herself. I know it's a hard thing to do and wry controversial with people but for us it worked and I'm not of te view Zoe will be emotionally hurt from it. It's heartbreaking listening to them though isn't t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure is Crafty. 40min that's good. Maybe tomorrow will be quicker. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've done it too Dragon... Now he goes to bed so well, my DH dido st of the hard work & I reckon we would G's e been at an hour some nights... Now it's great & days are getting better & better... Babies love routine as they know what's going on.. Good luck, remember it won't be forever XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it too and it took ivy a while to get it, I'm still busy but be back to explain

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been doing CiO as well, most nights are fine. She only protests for five minutes but if I'm out and she doesn't sleep and is overtired putting her to bed is a nightmare. Being overtired makes a huge difference to her calm state at night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm here...now we started CIO at 8 weeks, was bloody awful, but she would only sleep in our arms and it was too much and not working for us. I wouldn't say it was full on CIO...what we did was put her in her cot calm, drowsy but awake and then walk away. She would cry and we would leave her 2 mins to begin with, go back in after 2 mins and pat, shhh and body rock until calm and not crying and walk out again.

We then increased time periods up toad of 8 mins. First night took 1 hour 20 mins...second night went to sleep no crying, thurs night 40 mins crying. It was a bit up and down for a few weeks and sonetimes she would just cry eveb when we tried to calm her, But we were consistent. Sometimes if she got very upset I would pick her up and feed her or rock her, but you know the differences in the cry. I know people can be against CIO, and it's hard but worked for us.

She now goes down no worries most nights, and naps she grizzles and protests when getting wrapped but I always calm and sing to her and then put her down, she sometimes protests but actual crying doesn't happen anymore and if it does I know something is wrong.

Letting her cry was harder than giving birth, I was a wreck! My mum had to come stay.

I'm sure you will get there with Will, stay strong, it's difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes overtired and Ivy doesn't work...I have to get her to sleep every 1.5-2 hours, even if it's just a 30 min nap, without the naps all hell breaks loose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Nights are all good goes to bed between 6-7pm and is currently waking 3 hourly but goes back easy after boob. It's just the day time naps that are the issue. Most of your posts mentioned night so just wondering if you had probs during the day too.

Oh I had our first real laugh yesterday. Made me so happy.