Closed Thread
Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think we maybe turning a corner with day naps! 2 out of 2 today had no crying & both he went down awake, fell asleep with 5 mins, first he slept for 1.5hrs next he slept for 2hrs neither of them required me to resettle at any point! Feels so good, I even managed to get some housework done... Look out! I might be that domestic goddess I hoped to be after all!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Amy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nic, that's horrible, Hope you get the money back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nic that's terrible. I hope you can sort that out quick as that is a fair chunk of cash!

Go Amy! I can't remember the last long nap like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you will Nic that's what the banks insurance are for. Try not to stress yourself to much cause this is just one of those terrible things that can happen with technology. It's just terrible that there are so many bad people out there who think its ok to target honest hard working people.

I'm so jealous of you Amy. Will doesn't go off by himself at all during the day and is now waking 5-7 times at night. What's your secret?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicsta I can't believe the stolen money you poor thing!

I just had a catch up and read everyone's posts and reading about all the unsettled babies and sleeplessness!

Orlando I'm sure is over his colic now, have stopped giving him gripe water but still give him a syringe of cooled booked water once a day just to keep him extra hydrated (not really necessary but after his dehydration episode when we took him to hospital we're making sure lol). He's on his reflux medication for another month though it definitely seems that he's pretty much over that. Now the teething has started! Just one thing after another isn't it lol!! Can't feel teeth yet but he's definitely showing all the symptoms!

He's sleeping better during the night most nights he only wakes once or twice, last night he was up 5 times so maybe growth spurt we'll see how we go tonight. Still by sleeping much in the day...usually 3 x 40 minute naps although today we had a 20 minute nap in the pram on our walk, a 40 minute nap and then a nap for 1.5 hours which was good. We've started putting him in his cot for his day naps and still on bassinet in our room at night. It's not so hard to get him to sleep over night but for the day naps and in the evening (before getting him down for the night) it's a challenge. I do squats with him, bounce him, rock him and sing to him until he's either asleep or pretty much asleep and then tend to repeat this until he stays asleep! Sometimes I can resettle him in his bassinet by tapping his chest or stroking his forehead.

Sorry for essay just thought I'd check in. 2nd mothers group tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. Booked a spot for babyroo (gymbaroo) to start on 16th July and worked out swimming - will be starting October term - yay! Oh also he grew out of his bath under the change table! Just bought an infant seat for the big bath which we'll try tomorrow night! Growing!

Hope you are all well and loving being mummies I sure am xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No secret girls just persistence... I do the same thing each nap time & I think he has worked it out, I think he is a kid that likes routine... I introduced a comforter about a week ago which he seems to really like & we did go in & resettle him at 30 mins for about 3 weeks, I think it's finally paying off!

1 other thing I have been doing is leaving his door slightly ajar when I put him down, not sure if cause he can hear me he feels better???

Another thing is I put a timer on as I leave his room, that way if he is grizzling I can tell how long it is, it's amazing how long it seems when you are listening to the, grizzle, 1 minute can seem like 5, I think that has helped me leave him for a little longer before I check him, so he actually as a chance to fall asleep.

It's funny not sure what it is but ill keep doing it all!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1370344566.915585.jpg

My happy boy today!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls I'm sure we will sort it!! They took a other $5000 today!! I was like westpac get it together and shut down my account!! Hopefully now it's done... Ill know more tomorrow.

Dare I say it since swaddling ivy again we have had 3 days of naps which have lasted a good amount if time. Morning nap 2 hours, then today another 2 hour one and then 2 x 30 min ones. I'm still not convinced, but ill keep doing it! Ivy settles herself for naps, I wrap her, put blinds down, then I sing and shhhh and once calm she goes in cot, she often then does a big yawn, grizzle for about 1-5 mins then normally asleep. Now in past have lasted 30 mins... Lets hope they keep going a little longer.

Tonight ivy was a weirdo... She was super tired before bath, but I think got overtired even though she was only up 1.5 hours in total from nap to bed cause she was wide awake after bath and we could not settle her for ages!! Put in bed at 830...she was asleep 930!

This week been sleeping good at night but I'm waiting for that sleep regression that everyone talks of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes me too with the sleep regression.... Eeeekkkk!

Read this that I found last night, very funny!

http://www.mannlymama.com/2012/12/wo...ep-regression/

Well today's $5000 is Westpacs fault! You should get it all back I would think, if it was a credit card you would so I don't see why you wouldn't with this, have you got the police involved?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep filed olive report...I notified them fri when first transaction occurred... So really all of them are their fault!!

Anyway we will see