Closed Thread
Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have another one that likes to cat nap lately! I'm not complaining too much as she is sleeping well through the night but it just makes it harder to do things around the house as she wants extra stimulation. I know Nic asked about this the other day. But what does everyone do to entertain them at this age?

Also those that have started on solids a little but, how old was bubs when u first tried? I hear so many conflicting things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started jamie at around 2/3 months. Mainly cos of his reflux and he showed interest in food really early on (e.g he was launching himself at noodles that his grandma was dangling in front of him). Hes around 5 months now and has three little solid meals a day he does love his chow.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty I have been reading books, going outside, giving her things the chew on, she loves any type of material at the moment...if I give her a tea towel, blanket, soft toy, clothes etc she will play with it for half hour or so. We sing, talk, watch a little TV, walk round the house looking at pics, goes in rocker, plays in gym things with flashing singing sun thing, sometimes go for a walk, go to shops ( she doesn't like this). And yea that's where my ideas end. Oh she like cellophane ( no idea if that's how it's spelt) oh and of course tummy time and playing with rattles etc.

It's a full on job esp when they only sleep 25 mins at a time!!

Anyway I'm off to bed, ivy has been asleep 2 hours already but I decided stuff it I'm having a wine with DH and enjoying my fri night, hope I don't pay for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Poor little Myles has been upset tonight! No 12 hour sleep, he was awake at 12 & now 2, hope he settles seems so upset, we've given him nurofen to help him sleep, fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor Myles...is he sick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure, his cry was different like he was in pain, the nurofen did the trick, he slept till 7am... One of my besties is a doc & said to me the other night not to be afraid to use panadol or nurofen on him, that its completely safe & cause he cant tell me when something is up its better to use to make sure he's comfortable as sleep is really important for their development aswell 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    The group of cat nappers!

How hard is it to keep them entertained? We also use Pom poms and another goodie is clip a scarf onto the ceiling fab and put it on low. Keeps Braydon occupied so I can make the beds!

Good to know Amy, we worry about using pain relief. Especially my hubby he is a no medication kind of guy. I guess that different cry is definately something to look out for.
    Last edited by Nala9000; 25-05-2013 at 10:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pom Pom is a good idea!!

Ivy slept 2 x40 min sleep cycles! Was in bed 2 hours but was only asleep 1.5 of it, she grizzled 15 mins before falling asleep and then grizzled 15 mins between the cycles....then I watched her and she was awake 10 mins before I got her....she was quiet so I didn't get her till she cried out. Glad way through second sleep husband burnt toast and alarm went off!! But she didnt wake!

Anyway it's a small win....even if it's a one off its good.

Amy glad Myles slept after pain relief!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is the same with painkillers, we just have to remember they wouldn't sell them for babies if they weren't safe!

Myles is down for his first nap, so far he's slept 1hr 20mins, I had to go in & settle him at 30mins but he went back to sleep so that is the main thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long do your bubs stay awake before first nap...ivy is anywhere from 1 hour 10 mins to 1 hour 30 mins...

Last night she woke for her feed at 5:40 ( she was asleep at 930 so 8 hours) and for the first time she didn't want to go back to sleep....was so annoying!! What are you meant to do at that point? She did go back to sleep as I just ignored her and after 30 mins she went back to sleep so at 645....then got up for day at 840.