Closed Thread
Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Spoke to my CHN today about the naps, she said make sure the room is dark & no stimulation in the room, also going into settle before they usually wake up will work, it will help them to learn to settle on their own.

We had Myles weighed today he's 13wks 3 days & 6.725kgs... Big healthy boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the advice...Ivy's room is dark bed no stimulation around her cot, she has not mobile etc and nothing on the wall next to her cot...I was gonna put up the pics I bought but maybe ill wait.

So go in at say 20 min mark and what nudge her??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicsta - my boy used to be captain catnapper as I called him. He would always wake up at the 20/30 min mark and itd drive me crazy. Tried everything from putting him in pram/swing/bouncy chair etc. Never made a difference.
    I did try what the above child health nurse suggested where I put him to nap in his room and the instant he went to sleep (which he did quite easily)...id time him. The instant 15 mins came along I'd sneak back in and make myself comfy on his floor. Invariably he'd start stirring and id really quickly put dummy back in mouth and just really gently shushed him. That actually worked and now he's gotten (touch wood) to the point where he only starts stirring and trying to be awake at around the 1.5 hour mark. Sometimes if I try the dummy/shush trick on him then...he actually sleeps for just ocer 2 hours! Omg sooo nice lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rain...she doesn't take a dummy but ill try shhh and a little rock as she likes that

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the same will maddison trust me maybe the reflux has done one thing and that's she has learnt through the day ill put her in her room with blinds drawn and allow her to cry or stir and she falls asleep :-) on a bad day she will do cap naps so its not consistent her sleeping thoroughly the day but t night she is great

Oh I had her weighed and measured yesterday miss piggy is now over 6kg and 64cm long not a baby no more has gone quick she will be 3 months on tues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Thanks for the advice...Ivy's room is dark bed no stimulation around her cot, she has not mobile etc and nothing on the wall next to her cot...I was gonna put up the pics I bought but maybe ill wait.

So go in at say 20 min mark and what nudge her??
    No don't touch her unless she starts stirring, we just put a hand on him to help his settle back down... I find if I let him go & his eyes open that's it he will wake up screaming but with the hand on him he is comforted enough to go back to sleep :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just tried it unfortunately it failed she just started crying. She fought the nap so hard in the beginning, so doesn't seem worth it for 25 mins. I hope it's a wonder week....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Just tried it unfortunately it failed she just started crying. She fought the nap so hard in the beginning, so doesn't seem worth it for 25 mins. I hope it's a wonder week....
    I find if Myles doesn't go down well then he doesn't stay asleep for long or its a really unsettled sleep, I think it's cause he's overtired...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like heaps of us have issues with sleeping during the day! Orlando is the same! He only sleeps one cycle 35-45 mins at a time! He is sleeping better at night now....it's usually a struggle and takes about 3 or 4 goes to get him down for the night but then he will sleep anywhere between 3 and 5 hours, be up for a change/feed then go down for another 2-4 hours, then the same again until morning. He goes down properly for the night anywhere from 8.30-11pm. When we put him to bed at around 7-7.30 he's always up after an hour so we'll work on that...the main thing is that he is sleeping in longer blocks now much to my relief! As he is sleeping more at night he is going down for more naps during the day...but like I said just short ones! I put him for his naps in his cot for the first time today and he's not sleeping any better or worse so I think I'll continue letting him sleep in the cot during the day from now on. It won't be long before he's out of his bassinet! 12 weeks old today...going to MCHN on Tuesday so will share his stats then but I think he will be around 6.3kg and he's over 60cms now. We're still recovering from colds and so Orlando is still congested and also has a little but of conjunctivitis in his left eye which I've started bathing. Not much else to report...he's still eating round the clock so desperately trying to express as we've got our nieces engagement on Sunday which I want to take bottles for! Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's not just me then some days just don't work out couldn't get ivy to nap today except for in the car and even that took half hour! I think overtired...wine o'clock