Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get well soon SL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep sleeping bags replace blankets so use them all the time... I have a couple of plum sleeping bags & a couple of the gro bags, all good :-) try to avoid the ones with arms as the benefit if them being sleeveless is that it helps regulate their body heat, if you need to by any look on UK websites, they are heaps cheaper than here ;-)

Have a look a this link, you'll be able to see what you need to dress her in according to room temp & what warm the bag is :-)

http://gro.co.uk/pages/what-to-wear

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm wrecked today up 4 times last night! I don't know how you do it SL Ella must be having a growth spurt at 12.3 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Hmm KM sounds a lot like Ivy was (still sometimes is). How often has she done it...is it just a couple of nights?

I'm sure you have already tried this but try settling in the basinett, pat her shoulder, cup her face with the other hand and do this till she is calm, when calm walk away...

Ivy then cries normally or grizzles. I give her some time to work it out then return bout 5 mins later and resettle...and this continues till she sleeps...or at 1 hour mark if no luck I offer a feed and sing a song and pop her back in...and we then start again but if we get to that point normally she goes to sleep.

There has been the odd occasion when she is sooo overtired I just have to rock her and hold her for a good hour before putting her in...this has happened once in past 3 weeks.

Do u have a parent helpline where you are..if so maybe give then a call?

Is everyone's bubs still swaddled? Ivy wants her arms out and gets them out every night!! I'm worried she is getting cold...who has suggestions on slerpung bags?

Also I'm moving ivy to her own cot for naps (when she actually has them) this week...any suggestions??
    Nic everything you have suggested I do, Ella has screamed like this off and on for a month or more. Now she screams when I start to wrap her because she knows it is bed time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy also screams everytime I wrap her!! But its a protest scream....So annoying! I'm sorry things are tough, she prob is going through growth spurt id say...

The thing that annoys me that in her basinett she will only have 45 min naps, but in the car of we go out or in her pram on a walk she will nap for hours!!! It's just getting through that first sleep cycle in the basinett doesn't work...and she self settles in there so it's not as if she is waking in a different place than she fell asleep...Grrr I hope it's just an age thing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    KM does Ella scream every nap and at bedtime? What did you bed up doing to get her to sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic she screams mostly at bedtime, she will cry during the day but its not a scream. She sleeps in her bassinet and I just persist with settling even when she screams. If she gets too overwhelmed I sit with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So hard isn't it, sounds like your doing well, I'm sure the persistence will pay off. Ivy also cries the most at bed...naps it's just the 45 min thing then she cries.
    I hope tonight is better than last andante once she is through this growth spurt things will settle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we have screaming from the time after his bath, quiet on the boob and story time, as soon as we put his wrap on he looses it. Then calm him and starts when he is placed in the bassinet. I then walk away as he is protest crying. I leave 2-5 mins depending how I am. If he stops and starts I leave him, to settle himself. If he gets really worked up I go in and pat him.
    Waking during the night is very rare for us but I just feed him and he settles very quickly.
    During the day I've tried everything and we still only do one cycle, I've just kind if accepted it now even though it drives me up the wall!

Thanks for the sleeping bag tips I've been meaning to buy some. We are sleeping on the cot during the day, but need to move him soon as he is so big!

When are you guys thinking of moving to solids? There is so much conflicting info that I'm thinking of doing 5 months as a happy medium...
    Last edited by Nala9000; 19-05-2013 at 18:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you wrapping with arms still down nic? Or up near the ears?
    Last edited by Nala9000; 19-05-2013 at 18:30.