Closed Thread
Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Nala, glad to hear it was a success! Amy & Nala when bub protested ( not crying, kinda yelling) did you go in and settle straight away or wait? Also when calm again did you leave room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone had a lovely day yesterday. The best present /feeling in the world is seeing your baby smile/laugh so I feel like the luckiest mum in the world. I still get teary looking at my boys and thinking how lucky I am, pure love. I can't get over how fast this last year has gone either wont be long and some of us will be on the ttc roller coaster again. Does anyone else wish time would just slow down a bit (our babies are growing way to fast)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon that's so lovely you had a good time!! They are growing fast but as much as I enjoy this stage I'm excited for the next stage...that's always how I try and look at life...I love living in the moment and what's going on now but I also look forward for what's to come so I try not to get too caught up at any particular age or stage as they all have their wonderful points

Just need to enjoy each day as much as we can we are all soooo lucky!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ella has really decided she hates to sleep without me around, I'm having a hard time listening to her scream.

I'm going in back and forth to calm her but as soon as I leave the room she screams.

What should I do?

I don't want to damage her mentally. If I pick her up and rock her to sleep I don't get a break because I can't get her to stay asleep if I put her down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm KM sounds a lot like Ivy was (still sometimes is). How often has she done it...is it just a couple of nights?

I'm sure you have already tried this but try settling in the basinett, pat her shoulder, cup her face with the other hand and do this till she is calm, when calm walk away...

Ivy then cries normally or grizzles. I give her some time to work it out then return bout 5 mins later and resettle...and this continues till she sleeps...or at 1 hour mark if no luck I offer a feed and sing a song and pop her back in...and we then start again but if we get to that point normally she goes to sleep.

There has been the odd occasion when she is sooo overtired I just have to rock her and hold her for a good hour before putting her in...this has happened once in past 3 weeks.

Do u have a parent helpline where you are..if so maybe give then a call?

Is everyone's bubs still swaddled? Ivy wants her arms out and gets them out every night!! I'm worried she is getting cold...who has suggestions on slerpung bags?

Also I'm moving ivy to her own cot for naps (when she actually has them) this week...any suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Thanks Nala, glad to hear it was a success! Amy & Nala when bub protested ( not crying, kinda yelling) did you go in and settle straight away or wait? Also when calm again did you leave room?
    Nah we wait, it's a different cry when he's 'awake' to when he is stirring so just make sure he is awake, alot of the time he goes back to sleep on his own... We only left the room when he was asleep for the 7pm sleep, any others he will be awake & self settles, now he falls asleep drinking his bottle before 7 but usually wakes when we put him down but goes straight to sleep... He just knows what to do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Hmm KM sounds a lot like Ivy was (still sometimes is). How often has she done it...is it just a couple of nights?

I'm sure you have already tried this but try settling in the basinett, pat her shoulder, cup her face with the other hand and do this till she is calm, when calm walk away...

Ivy then cries normally or grizzles. I give her some time to work it out then return bout 5 mins later and resettle...and this continues till she sleeps...or at 1 hour mark if no luck I offer a feed and sing a song and pop her back in...and we then start again but if we get to that point normally she goes to sleep.

There has been the odd occasion when she is sooo overtired I just have to rock her and hold her for a good hour before putting her in...this has happened once in past 3 weeks.

Do u have a parent helpline where you are..if so maybe give then a call?

Is everyone's bubs still swaddled? Ivy wants her arms out and gets them out every night!! I'm worried she is getting cold...who has suggestions on slerpung bags?

Also I'm moving ivy to her own cot for naps (when she actually has them) this week...any suggestions??
    I have to rock to sleep in the evening or when he needs to go down for nap time during the day...after the hard part of actually getting that first big sleep in at night time, during the night he goes back down no problem after feeding (usually). Orlando has been an escape artist from day one from his wraps and now that he has found his thumb he's even better at it. I try to re wrap him though as he does tend to sleep longer like this. One of his christening gifts was a gro bag...it's a large one from 6 months up so will be using it in his cot. I think I'm going to have Orlando start sleeping in his cot soon for daytime naps but will still be in with us for as long as possible...his bassinet is shrinking lol! I'm just going to wrap him and then cover with a blanket as I normally do (for the cot) and see how he goes. Good luck to you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sick with a cold...proper cold not just sniffles...yuck! Poor baby is all blocked up too. Seeing parents for last time today before they go back to UK...hubby is getting sick again too. Have nieces engagement this weekend, next weekend other nieces birthday/house warming and nephews first communion, following week family photoshoot and cousins wedding. Need to squeeze in a photoshoot for Orlando too with my girlfriend. Need to also squeeze in a hair appointment and a long overdue wax! All happening...can't wait for the dust to settle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you feel better soon SL

Nic, Myles has been in sleeping bags since about 3wks, he was getting stroppy having his hands tucked in his swaddle so we took him out, also went into his cot about 6wks, he was waking himself up hit the sides of the bassinet, he slept so well once we moved him :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ivy sounds similar...what sleeping bag? And do you put him in sleeping bag for naps as well?