Closed Thread
Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    It is but we worked hard to get to this stage, DH did most of the work, we'd do our 'routine' put him down, full, clean, dry & warm & would only pick him up if he was hysterical if he was grizzly we would pat him gently on his chest or stroke his forehead, eventually he would give in & go to sleep, at the start it could take hours, each time he got too worked up we would cuddle him, settle him & start again... Lucky for us it started to work & got easier & easier, I think the biggest thing is we to tag teamed it, if i was getting too tense id swap with hubby & vice versa... The biggest thing I promised myself before becoming a parent was to stay as calm as possible at all times, bubs/kids really feel your mood and react to it!
    Poor little Orlando has been through so much and we hate having him get too worked up...we give in to his whinges constantly but really need to start getting a bit tougher

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone have success with resettling from the 45 min nap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Nope, but not complaining here, night sleeps are good! (Touch wood)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes at least night is good...I'm just going with it and hope night sleeps keep being good. At moment she goes to bed around 9 falls asleep but 930-10 and then sleeps till 5ish then again till 8ish. So if she kept doing that is be happy. But normally less sleep in day means more night waking a for Ivy.

11 weeks tomorrow...crazy I love watching her develop new skills!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just managed a successful resettle with a dummy!! He's way more interested in it than he was so ill keep trying that :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good Amy...ivy had always hated her dummy but I may try again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    She had 2 crap naps and was getting tired so we went for out hour walk and she slept which is good! Sometimes you just gotta do what you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good Amy...ivy had always hated her dummy but I may try again...
    Myles hated his too... But now that he's interested in sucking his hands I thought I'd try again, I'd rather him suck a dummy than his thumb.... We had a good nap this morning with the resettle.... He's down agin, fingers crossed he sleeps till 5...

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear of all the hiccups that our bubbas are going through. It is so tough seeing such little ones in discomfort and not being able to explain that the pain we are putting them thru will help them in the end. If it helps, I had a brace when I was young as I was pigeon toed on one leg and had hip problems. My mum also put my shoes on the opposite feet to help things along too. Nic, we did pretty much what Amy did with the settling, made sure Braydon was fed, clean and warm, then put him in his cot calm and awake, and calmed him for gosh, I think it was 3 hours the first night, just patting and shhhing him, the next night it was 30 mins, and it has been about 5 weeks and he goes down with a little protesting and then off for the night till 6.30 - 7. Its so hard but as mentioned keep calm and its for their own good in the long run. Mrs O, I am back to my weight when at out transfer, but put on 5kg with all the injections so still need to loose 5, but would love to loose 7-8 to get back into my skinny jeans SL I could have written exactly what you wrote, I just can't concentrate on anything other than Braydon, I've never been so disorganised.......................Almost a year to the day since I had my transfer! How life has changed!! (still at MIL's, enter button not working)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I can't believe it's been a year! Tomorrow one year ago we were up in palm cove at a friends wedding and I had started injections...I remember leaving the reception to go to my hotel room and jab lol!! Tomorrow also marks one year ago that I had a full glass of alcohol (had a sip with our toast at Orlando's christening). 1st June will mark one year since ET