Closed Thread
Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet recently ladies but even more sorry to hear abou everyone's bubs! The poor little things. I can't imagine how hard it would be being faced with having to put bubs under. Hopefully things will be sorted for everyone.

Poor Ella needing a brace KM. hopefully it's not for too long.

At this stage I'm unsure of the work situation as I have no job to go back to lol. I took a redundancy just before my maternity leave would have started so will depend on finances but I would love to stay home as long as I can!

Happy birthday dragonfly!! The big 30! That was me last year but had a very quiet one as I was pregnant but still too early to tell people! As for FET, our one resulted in Zoe lol. It was really easy, no meds or anything and a lot less stressful with t not bein after a full stim. My doc refuses to put two back though at our age due to the higher risks with twins

Hope everyone is well otherwise. SL are you loving having the parents here?

Parenthood is full of challenges isn't it!
    I'll be the big 30 next year. We pretty much pushed our doc to do two at the end of the day it was our money being spent on the process and we would have been happy with twins even though way more risky! Loving having mum and dad here will be sad to see them go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Happy Birthday Dragon!

Sorry bout all the bubs needing extra medical attention, hopefully it's a quick fix for all of them XX

Myles has slept so well the last couple of nights, 7pm till 6am Wednesday night & 7pm till 6:45am last night! Hoping its not a fluke & it happens more & more, just need to get his day sleeping sorted out, such a fighter during the day!
    Wow nice work Amy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amy that sounds like bliss...

Ivy doesn't go down without a fight most the time...she grizzles and moans and it takes a few resettles, I hope as time goes by she grows out of it!! I'm stuffed tonight and I hate listening to hear cry and wings it winds me up inside! Then DH and I get all tense and it annoys me...

The joys of parenting hey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ladies, can I ask...

Are you back to your pre pregnancy weight? If not, how far off (and at what point) and is this baby #1 or 2 (or more?) and how do you feel about it?

I am still a good 7-8kg off my pre preg weight and its getting me down a bit, ESP because im always starving and when I exercise (i have been jogging) I have been bleeding! (Overdoing it I guess)

I was back to the same weight with DD1 within a fortnight. I'm 4 month into my DD2's life and still wearing my maternity gear :boohoo:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost 11 weeks since giving birth and I am still 4kg off and it's dam annoying!!! This is baby no 1...I'm walking every day and trying to eat healthy but not working...have been stuck with these 4kg for ages!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Amy that sounds like bliss...

Ivy doesn't go down without a fight most the time...she grizzles and moans and it takes a few resettles, I hope as time goes by she grows out of it!! I'm stuffed tonight and I hate listening to hear cry and wings it winds me up inside! Then DH and I get all tense and it annoys me...

The joys of parenting hey
    It is but we worked hard to get to this stage, DH did most of the work, we'd do our 'routine' put him down, full, clean, dry & warm & would only pick him up if he was hysterical if he was grizzly we would pat him gently on his chest or stroke his forehead, eventually he would give in & go to sleep, at the start it could take hours, each time he got too worked up we would cuddle him, settle him & start again... Lucky for us it started to work & got easier & easier, I think the biggest thing is we to tag teamed it, if i was getting too tense id swap with hubby & vice versa... The biggest thing I promised myself before becoming a parent was to stay as calm as possible at all times, bubs/kids really feel your mood and react to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amy that's great advice and well done on your hard work we have been doing a similar routine with ivy past 3 weeks maybe not as consistent on times but we only pick her up if inconsolable....we resettle by patting shoulder and shhhing It is hard and takes ages, when she just grizzles she gets herself through it but when she cries and gets worked up its a lot harder . We try and be as consistent as possible...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Amy that's great advice and well done on your hard work we have been doing a similar routine with ivy past 3 weeks maybe not as consistent on times but we only pick her up if inconsolable....we resettle by patting shoulder and shhhing It is hard and takes ages, when she just grizzles she gets herself through it but when she cries and gets worked up its a lot harder . We try and be as consistent as possible...
    Just stick with it, it will pay off eventually, we've been doing it for at least 9 weeks now and it's the best thing we did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    So ladies, can I ask...

Are you back to your pre pregnancy weight? If not, how far off (and at what point) and is this baby #1 or 2 (or more?) and how do you feel about it?

I am still a good 7-8kg off my pre preg weight and its getting me down a bit, ESP because im always starving and when I exercise (i have been jogging) I have been bleeding! (Overdoing it I guess)

I was back to the same weight with DD1 within a fortnight. I'm 4 month into my DD2's life and still wearing my maternity gear :boohoo:
    Definitely not back to pre pregnancy weight...I put on 4kgs with all the medication before embryo transfer then another 30kg with pregnancy! I had lost 13kgs within a fortnight but still have 20kgs to lose and bubs number 1 is 11 weeks! I definitely don't feel good about it. I am exclusively breastfeeding so am eating a lot and I don't have time to exercise...too cold to take him out on a walk every day especially as he's been sick and has the sniffles again now. My Achilles heel is definitely sweets...need to push myself to stop eating crap food. I don't know why I find it such a struggle to think of dinners and prepare for them in advance! I really miss exercise but as I said I just don't have time right now. I don't feel good but am trying to focus all my energy on Orlando. Need to focus on getting him into a routine as much as possible now that he's a little older and work out how I can sort out a meal plan and get back into exercising! I want to start trying for number two later in the year and I want to lose as much weight as I can before starting again!

In other news Orlando was in bed from 10.45pm-8am and got up once for a feed at around 4am...crazy! He's sleeping again now on me so I'll put him in bed and see if he stays there!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done SL that's great he had such a good sleep!!