Closed Thread
Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic I think you sound like you're doing a great job. Motherhood has certainly been a lot more challenging than I expected too but it sounds like you have a wonderful bond with ivy and that's the most important thing. I was sorry to read your post about your own mother but I agree that having gone through that will make you an even better mum. Ivy is one lucky bubba. I wish I could help you out, even with a hug! Vent away to us anytime you need.

Nala it's so good to hear from you. I loved reading how you have been going. I learn so much from everyone's experiences. Sorry to hear about all the physio visits, hopefully they won't need to operate.

Does anyone have any pointers on avoiding flat head? Zoe is constantly lesbian to one side no matter what I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    iPhone typo!! That should have been leaning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Nic I think you sound like you're doing a great job. Motherhood has certainly been a lot more challenging than I expected too but it sounds like you have a wonderful bond with ivy and that's the most important thing. I was sorry to read your post about your own mother but I agree that having gone through that will make you an even better mum. Ivy is one lucky bubba. I wish I could help you out, even with a hug! Vent away to us anytime you need.

Nala it's so good to hear from you. I loved reading how you have been going. I learn so much from everyone's experiences. Sorry to hear about all the physio visits, hopefully they won't need to operate.

Does anyone have any pointers on avoiding flat head? Zoe is constantly lesbian to one side no matter what I do!
    Orlando was changing sides from birth but then started favouring the left. We started physically moving his head to the right whilst on his play may and now he changes from side to side again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty, I am the master of the flat head movement! Mind you, ours is one the side rather than the back, but anyway... When you put her down, alternate sides at each sleep, there may be something she fixates on in the room that she sleeps be it light, or fan so you can move the bassinet around to get her to move her head. If in a cot, move her mobile around or her comforter if you use one. After she goes to sleep, go in about 10mins later and slowly twist her head to the position you want it in (stroke head or behind the ear if they start to stir!) biggest thing our Physio and ped says is tummy time and more tummy time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so you haven't heard from me for ages, now I am filling up the thread

Guys I did something really stupid and now I am stressing out.

Yesterday Braydon was screaming and super hot, while I was holding him I tried to take his shirt off with one hand. Doing this one handed I put my thumb on his head and pulled the shirt off with my fingers. To my horror I put my thumb on his fontanelle, with a fair amount of pressure.

I feel soo bad, He was really grumbly last night, and it is still pulsing as it normally does. It doesn't seem so indented (if that makes sense) as normal but isn't swollen over the bone. DH recons it is fine (he come home to me in a mess of tears) babies are a lot tougher than we think, and even if he had a fall he would be ok. What do you think? am I stressing for no reason? I've had a horrible night sleep with nightmares and worried I have damaged my little boy. Am I just being silly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nala considering the amount of force child birth puts on their head not to mention vacuums and forceps! I think he would be fine, but if you're worried I'd call a helpline or make an app with a dr.

Ella slept 7 hours last night, winning

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls...i honestly was just putting massive amount of pressure on myself to get it all completely right....

As in she must have 15 hours sleep minimum, she must self settle, she should have an earlier bed time, we need to bath her nightly at the same time and do exactly the same routine else she wont sleep....i had read way to many things like the post beta put up and it stopped me using my instincts and also made me stop enjoying her.

So my mum and DH and friends have said its 80% of the time these things need to happen, no one can get 100%! somehow that has struck a cord with me and made me not be so worried if i dont do everything perfect!

i am still gonna go and see a GP next week just to chat about things, but i think i can work through these feelings with help from family and friends

Its just like you all said a lot harder than expected. I expected it to be hard, but its even harder than i expected haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think cause all of us went through so much to get to here our expectations of finally getting what we wanted for so long is a little skewed... If that makes sense...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes makes perfect sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Yes makes perfect sense
    Maybe you're a perfectionist? If you are maybe just try and think of yourself that way.. it's great to be that way but you can't control another person even if they are tiny. That's what I try to do when I feel I'm loosing my sh*t!