Closed Thread
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh nic, from what you've been going through your being a great mum. You love and nurture your little ivy. Being a mum is a really tough gig and I'm the same, not reacting to how I thought I would.
    Like km mentioned, totally reconnend Save our Sleep, it's a great book and really helped me when I was at a loss about 3 weeks ago. If you can't get the book, go one get website and you can download parts of it.
    Do you have some family support around that can take ivy for a couple of hours so you can have some "me" time? Also try calling tricilian, the ladies there I found really helpful. a sleep school maybe helpful?
    Being a mum is super tough, especially when you don't get a break and it's so mentally exhausting. As well as physically, I was only in tears about this to DH the other night, so know your not alone *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Orlando's even more congested this morning....hopefully this is the worst and then he'll start getting better...I'm getting sick now too! Having follow up appointment with paediatrician today and going to ask him what we can do. He is over 8 weeks old now and we just need a solution for his colic, reflux, whatever it is that is keeping him up! It hurts to see your brand new bubs unsettled for so long and we just want to do everything we can so he's comfortable! Very frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nala & KM...I have been thinking about that book I called the child and youth line today and have an appt with a nurse tomorrow. I just think the sleep association I created is really strong and she just wants to be with me 24/7, which is nice but just not practical.

I do have support, my mum is coming over and a couple of friends....

This morning she woke at 8 after feeding at 7 and I knew she was still tired, I picked her up and instantly she fell asleep! So I ended up laying her beside me, then I got up and left her there for another hour...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nicsta, I just wanted to send you a quick message to say you are doing a wonderful job, it's hard being a Mum! I was saying to my DH last night that I feel guilty cause I am not loving it as much as I thought I would..... I love Myles to bits but the being a Mum part is alot harder than I thought it would be... I still feel guilty that I couldn't breastfeed him for longer... I almost feel like I wish I could do it from the start again, knowing what I know now! But I guess that's what 2nd & 3rd bubs are all about!! Anyway I just wanted to share how I am feeling so that you know your not alone XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Orlando's even more congested this morning....hopefully this is the worst and then he'll start getting better...I'm getting sick now too! Having follow up appointment with paediatrician today and going to ask him what we can do. He is over 8 weeks old now and we just need a solution for his colic, reflux, whatever it is that is keeping him up! It hurts to see your brand new bubs unsettled for so long and we just want to do everything we can so he's comfortable! Very frustrating!
    Hope u get better soon guys....not nice been sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Nicsta, I just wanted to send you a quick message to say you are doing a wonderful job, it's hard being a Mum! I was saying to my DH last night that I feel guilty cause I am not loving it as much as I thought I would..... I love Myles to bits but the being a Mum part is alot harder than I thought it would be... I still feel guilty that I couldn't breastfeed him for longer... I almost feel like I wish I could do it from the start again, knowing what I know now! But I guess that's what 2nd & 3rd bubs are all about!! Anyway I just wanted to share how I am feeling so that you know your not alone XXX

I agree, Nicsta you re doing well. Your baby is growing well and loved. Better than most kids in this world. Pat yourself on the back for being a great mum.

amy , I feel the same. I love coco to bits but my life is now just balancing jobs looking after my DD1 and preschool, cooking, washing etc....I am proud that I am managing to breast feed her as I never got that with DD1, and coco is so easy in comparison to SD1, but I feel cheated in a way As I never got to
    enjoy Dd1 as she was such a tough baby and now I have a new baby I'm not getting to do those things and enjoy her as first time mums have time to do as I'm too busy being a domestic goddess!
    i thought my life was busy with one but now I have 2 I just didn't realise how busy I really am until the second arrived. Some days all I get done is washing, cooking, dressing both girls, pick up and drop off Dd1 to school, dishes, feed! And bath both girls......but on a lighter note my girls are the best thing ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic I thinks it's also confusing hearing and reading what other babies and mothers are doing at the same age as your baby. At my mothers group there are lots of mothers who's babies sleep by themselves and then there are babies who won't. I thought I'd have a baby who I could put in a cot, I even did a diploma in child care when I was 18 and we used to get 8 young babies all sleeping in their cots at the same time! I have no idea how looking back. My own baby now is a baby that likes close contact and every time I think about routines, schedules, books and what others are doing I just remember he is who he is and at the end of the day he's an infant with a very small mind like any other mammal that cries when it is left alone. Jaan is now 4 months and slowly slowly I can leave him for longer in his cot. Things definitely get better as they get older, the first 3 months are the worst. Ivy sounds like Jaan in that she settles when held or BF, I'm just anxious about having another baby who won't even do that! This phase will past hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is how confusing motherhood is:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...b_3143253.html

Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy has to have her vaccination today...wonder how that will go...another element to understand