Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're trying Vicks on the chest, a humidifier in the room and panadol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    We're trying Vicks on the chest, a humidifier in the room and panadol
    Hey unfortunately you can't force him to get better quicker !! But I've found FESS from the chemist helpful to clear the nose , it comes as a spray or a a drop form with a sucker!

I had a night like you last night SL and I'm wrecked : coco slept from 7- midnight then needed a f eed, then needed a nappy change at 330 pm, then Another feed at 5 am, then up for the day at 6 am!! I'm more than disgruntled about it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fess thanks I forgot about that we have the spray in the cupboard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Beta 2 of my friends have said for weeks that I can borrow their Baby Bjorns but I still don't have one and don't want to spend the money to go buy one...I would get a lot more done during the day though!!
    It is best to try before you buy. I've tried 3 and like the ergo best. Two borrowed and one from gumtree, like you I didn't want to spend the money either! I cleaned my whole house with Jaan in the sling yesterday, but I also can't be bothered putting him to sleep and then tip toeing around. He stays asleep through so much noise in the sling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta what brand of sling do you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KM did Ella settle more today? Poor little Ivy is unsettled again, witching hour!! She is overtired...she has her 3.5 hours of napping...same as every day.

I just think she is overstimulated and hopefully it's just a phase she is going through!! Wonder week

I'm not giving in on the rocking her in my arms...

Ivy is the kind of baby that loves motion to go to sleep but once the motion stops she can't handle it and instantly wakes...so she really needs to go to sleep the same way as she is going yo be asleep if that makes sense?! If she is fed to sleep she wakes in 10 minutes, if she is rocked she wakes 10 minutes after etc, so really she just has to get herself to sleep....I also do 1 x 2 hour walk on the pram so she gets a good nap!

I just hope as she matures it gets better cause I dread 6-11....and I haven't been successful in putting her to sleep earlier and it takes approx an hour to settle her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Beta what brand of sling do you use?
    Until Jaan could hold his head I used the hug a bub wrap, I also made a spare for $2 from fabric I bought. from 3 months I use the ergo baby. DH uses the baby bjorn if we go for a walk but only for a short time as that sling is not approved by pediatricians for their hips. I popped a rolled up towel under his bum in the ergo to sit him up higher until today he no longer needs it. It's very easy to put on especially when BF, if he goes to sleep on me I can just pull it up and clip it on without waking him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies,

Sorry I've been missing in action for ages and ages. I've been reading along, but late at night and on my phone and wanting to write alot but just being so tired that I put it to the side and say, I'll do it tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes.

We are going ok. Not sure if I mentioned it but we have neck problems, its a shortening of the neck muscle and I have to take Braydon to a baby physio, we do exercises every day, which I hate, causing my bubba pain, but if we don't get the muscle corrected then it can cause some serious probs and will end up in surgery. He couldn't look to his left at all, now he can almost see the whole way, but only with help, not by himself.

We sleep from 7pm-6am or 7am, though the last few nights he has been a nightmare from his bath to getting into bed. Taken an hour tonight for him to finally go down, though I can still hear some sobbing.
    I'm really struggling with him in that regard, we have our night routine, I follow Save our Sleep, very loosely, we have a feed at 5, bath at 5.45-6, he screams from here until he gets his dinner at 6.15 and story then bed by 7. But I hate putting him into the bassinet whinging, all the material I have read says to put bubs down calm and awake, which is fine, we just struggle with the calm. maybe he is over tired? I've tried a full feed at 5, bed earlier, burping forever, still screams. I don't know, its doing my head in.

Someone wanted to know how to get your bubs to sleep a little longer in the morning, the Save our sleep says to try and extend their first nap in the morning after their first feed, so the next sleep try to extend out for an extra 15-30 mins. We have tried it, but didn't really work for us, he couldn't stay awake!

SL, second the FESS, we have used it a bit works wonders! Sorry to hear about all the reflux bubbs,

Will get my butt into gear and start writing more, I love hearing about your bubs and how your all going xx
    Last edited by Nala9000; 30-04-2013 at 20:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm losing it ladies...I'm gonna call my child and youth nurse tomorrow as I am at a loss on how to settle Ivy.

I find putting a baby down awake impossible....it makes me so anxious, I have been putting her down awake and drowsy for 6 nights now and it takes forever for her to sleep and involves crying which then involves me crying....I'm so unconfident as a parent, I'm nothing like I thought I would be . I know people will say just rock her to sleep if you know that works, but that makes me equally as anxious.

I don't feel like I have PND but I feel like I will get it if things continue this way....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Nic, I wish I lived nearby. Ella is the same and I'm dreading between 6pm and 12am every evening. I went to my mothers group yesterday and was recommended a book called save our sleep.

One lady was also told to wheel her bassinet into her lounge room to sleep until baby works out that time of night to sleep is ok.