Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What's comfort crying and ap bit slow on some of the terms

Thanks
    Reviews
    AP attachment parenting.

Comfort crying is similar to cry it out and or controlled crying, but a little more relaxed. Cry it out is letting a baby cry until they are exhausted and go to sleep without any parental intervention (as long as they are clean, fed and well etc)

I couldn't do it, I cried more than the baby and it was exhausting thinking my baby just wanted me and I was denying her that.

There are also age related recommendations to these methods.

Comfort crying is a slightly different technique. its letting bub cry for say 2 mins, going in, repositioning them, telling them it's time for sleep and leaving the room. No unnecessary interaction though. you do this at increasing time intervals so they know that they haven't been abandoned and you don't feel too awful! Ts helping to teach them to self settle (Ie: 2 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins etc) there is a maximum timeframe to this. The MCHN centres usually have a DVD or pamphlets that they can lend or give you on this technique...!

I used it when DD1 was about 10 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - very rough guide, on the phone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would be doing comfort crying not just leave her as she is too young in my eyes.

She slept entire plane ride!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1365925504.766391.jpg

Maddison in her first ever PJs still little big but too cute
    Sleeping heaps better since change in teats it's like I have a new child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrs o, I'm all for the comfort one too. Am pretty flex bout everything till at least 12wks. Mrs Simmo she looks like such a big girl.

Will fed every 2 hours last so hoping for more zzzzz tonight. Hope everyone has a good one too ( especially those who are doing it tough, sl and Nic)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Yes I would be doing comfort crying not just leave her as she is too young in my eyes.

She slept entire plane ride!
    Yeah, the terms are used almost interchangeably by people, until they start to implement a routine, then the differences become clearer. Sorry my post wasn't exact - the program is more in depth and I didn't do it justice! I fully respect that each person chooses what is best for them and their situation - I just couldn't do CIO (as I know it)! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Myles is sleeping in his cot tonight... He has got too long for his bassinet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies! Had the afternoon at in-laws today for my FILs bday. I took a couple of EBM bottles with me. I needed to experiment how many mls he is drinking...so I only ended up giving him one of the bottles and topping up with the boob for the whole 5 hours so that was good! I had 120mls and he drank 100mls at once. He was really full and satisfied and just chilled out for a while and then he wanted a little more before he slept so as I couldn't re-heat the last 20mls I breastfed to top him up. He also slept in the pram for an hour which is the most he's slept at someone else's house so far which is good!

We bought a humidifier we thought that the reason Orlando has mild bronchitis could be to do with the dust / dryness if our house. We got home from the shops and set it up straight away and turned it on. Coincidence or not when we put bubs down he slept for 4 HOURS!! Most since birth!! The bad thing though both DH and I woke up with sore throats! This confused me as the humidifier is supposed to moisten and reduce sore throats etc...can anyone comment ???

Not much else to report DH and I had our flu shots yesterday...going to drive tomorrow for the first time since c-section and first time with Orlando and first time in new car!! It's only up the road to the MCHN a bit daunting but should be fine! Orlando's 6 week check..looking forward to seeing how much he weighs and what he measures! Need to book in his first immunisations too.

I'm sure I was going to say something else but don't remember!

Good night all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think a sore throat may be from the flu shot, having mine later this afternoon I always end up with a big egg on my arm.

Ella is booked to have her 6-8 week old vaccinations as well

Ella has a new habit which I'm not to keen on, comfort sucking constantly. I think I need to give her dummy but don't want to give her nipple confusion as she bites sometimes which I've just got her to stop doing. The breast feeding is going well now! LC told me to take her off when comfort sucking but she gets upset