Closed Thread
Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL., I hope Orlando gets better soon! Nothing worse than a sick bubs!! Hugs!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Gampa can you put off putting coco down to bed until a bit later of a night? I think I recall you have another daughter(?) so that might not work?

Our routine of a night is we usually give Zoe a feed between 5.30 and 6.30, then we eat while her food settles then we have bath time, followed by a play and give he a last bottle around 9.30 and put her down to bed then where she now only stirs at around 6 but is happy drifting in and out until around 8 most mornings.

Maybe it will work if you can delay it as Coco is sleeping a good run from 6-4 as it is? I can't believe she is 13 weeks already! How fast the time goes!!

SL sorry to hear Orlando is still sick. I really do admire you, you seem to be coping so well with everything.
    thanks - i feed her at 5- 6 ish depending on the time of the previous feed. then bath her, small quiet play time and she sits in her boucner watching the family and laughing!! - ha ha not sure if shes laughing at us or just in general!! in this time im feeding DD1 dinner and bathing DD1 (its a huge juggle esp when DD1 is having tantrums its a tough time at night.) at about 6ish shes had it and wingey so actually wants to sleep. i give her a boob top up both sides - by this time its hind milk. then i put her down at about 7 at the latest - she usually gives me no fuss at this down time. i know 7-430 is great and i cant complain really esp compared to the others on this forum but the 430 am wake up then up for the day at 6 means i essentailly get up at 4am as by the time ive finished feeding its 5`15am. and then DD1 is up at 630 too.

i think i need to stretch her out to 5 then to 530 etc. ive tried to enlist the help of my hubby but hes too busy snoring! at that time to be of any use.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Very quick.. I'm very far behind the thread, but wanted to help!
    With the 4.30 wake up, is she cold??
    no i dont thing so . . weve got the heaters on! in sydney (except last ngiht), and shes rugged up......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it bad that Orlando is 8 weeks old and we don't have a routine AT ALL!!! Going to ask paediatrician when I see him in the next couple of days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    no i dont thing so . . weve got the heaters on! in sydney (except last ngiht), and shes rugged up......
    thats all I can think of!
    Ella wakes when she is cold (if not hungry!)
    I learnt with Eli that around 23C in the room is good. It sounds hot, but they have just been inside us in a warm little body. I know its probably controversial, but after spending 4 weeks in NICU in the hot hot hot room they were all in, 23 is cool!!
    sorry i can't help! xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Is it bad that Orlando is 8 weeks old and we don't have a routine AT ALL!!! Going to ask paediatrician when I see him in the next couple of days
    It's not bad, each to their own really... I love our night routine, it's so good for everyone in the house to know what is going on, the best part is DH & I have never really had to bolt down diner or take turns to eat, we can spend the time together... I have 3 older sisters with kids and have seen the benefit of a routine versus no routine.

I'm not going to worry bout a day routine till 12 weeks at the moment we just put Myles down when he's tired... I have heard that the older they are when you start a routine the longer it will take for them to 'get it' so don't want to leave it too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to let Ella scream tonight, so hard not to go in and pick her up. She has been up since 10.30am with a catnap of 20mins after lunch. She just fell asleep after screaming at 9.30. I'm trying to do my husbands bas statement! Needless to say not getting much done. Now she's crying again, she is such a sticky beak she doesn't want to miss out on anything. I hate letting her cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh KM I have had to do the same with Ivy...she catnapped all day...every day ( for last week) we had to let her cry checking on her every 2,4,6 mins...and resettling...took ages for her to sleep but she was soooo tired!!

Catnapping is quite the challenge! Any tips on how to combat? Ivy mostly goes down awake in her basinet and falls asleep with maybe a grizzle for 5 mins but wakes 40-50 mins later and cannot be settled...I have left her to cry, patted/rocked bassinet shhhh'd but none if it works, if I rocked her in my arms she might fall back asleep but I don't want to confuse her and start that up again.

She really has always been a catnapper, hope @ some point she grows out of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is crying again...woke up after 45 mins...might be a long night!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    She is crying again...woke up after 45 mins...might be a long night!!
    Do you use a dummy? You could try that to settle her??