Closed Thread
Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Beta it is hard!! I think what I believe is my little bundle needs to self settle but I don't want to use controlled crying to achieve it...so I'm going to try a kinder method which was suggested my the cafs nurse. She said to me it's better to get them to learn to go to sleep without rocking now than in 6 months.

But that's just what I think is right for me and ivy and as I have seen many others have their own things that work for them. I'm still nervous to try this but feel it necessary to teach her we can't rock her to her every sleep and at the moment that's her sleep association.... she is a sleep fighter and very alert

Anyway being a parent is hard and I was judgmental on others before coming a parent, but I will no longer be like that, I think you just to the best you can and its bloody hard!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL how is Orlando going on his new medication ? Are you getting more sleep??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't face an Anzac ceremony by myself this year. Not with a newborn and a toddler that is really testing me lately. Dh is still away but will be home next Friday. Today we thank those who served and who are still serving our amazing country and mostly those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Lest we forget!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Can't face an Anzac ceremony by myself this year. Not with a newborn and a toddler that is really testing me lately. Dh is still away but will be home next Friday. Today we thank those who served and who are still serving our amazing country and mostly those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Lest we forget!
    Me either with DH away and 2 little kids, but same same, am so grateful for the sacrifices these young men (and the women and families at home) made (and still make today) so we can live the way we do today. I will go next year - ill honor them today by making a catch of ANZAC biscuits with my little girl and teaching her about the day. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    SL how is Orlando going on his new medication ? Are you getting more sleep??
    I think the losec is working a little bit better and he seems to be sleeping a bit more regularly 2-3 hour sleeps at night instead of 1-2 but still no sleep during the day really! He was really fussy the last couple of days and he didn't sleep deeply last night and was whinging and fussing a lot I took his temp when we got up and it was 37.7!!! He is straining pretty bad like he's in pain to get poos out the poor little guy! I just have him some panadol and will check his temp again in 10 mins but will definitely call the dr when they open at 9! He's also not eating as much as he usually does so not happy! I'm a bit worried actually I hope everything is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I think the losec is working a little bit better and he seems to be sleeping a bit more regularly 2-3 hour sleeps at night instead of 1-2 but still no sleep during the day really! He was really fussy the last couple of days and he didn't sleep deeply last night and was whinging and fussing a lot I took his temp when we got up and it was 37.7!!! He is straining pretty bad like he's in pain to get poos out the poor little guy! I just have him some panadol and will check his temp again in 10 mins but will definitely call the dr when they open at 9! He's also not eating as much as he usually does so not happy! I'm a bit worried actually I hope everything is ok
    Maddison is on losec has been since tues I split the doses so one in the morning and one at night she grunts too in her sleep I'm not sure if its poos or part of the reflux symptoms I have been using gaviscon every 2nd bottle too which has helped
    Where is little man sleeping maddison is in her pram it's the only place she will sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Let me know what your doc suggests for poos and pain sounds like we have the same issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yummo mrs o. Think I would eat the whole batch if I made any but such a great idea.

Sorry to hear a few of you are having so much trouble with reflux. I feel for your little ones cause it must be so terrible for them. I really like hearing what info you have been given and options to deal with it as one day I might be in your situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Temp went up to 38.1!!! Ended up taking him to hospital and now we're here for at least a couple of days!! We did a urine sample, blood sample, he's been put on a drip, had a lumber puncture and is now on IV antibiotics! Man what an upsetting day even DH was crying!! Fingers crossed its just a virus as he is looking better than this morning but conclusive results take 48 hours to come back. They don't think it's meningitis but if it is he's being treated for it as a precaution! Will let you know how he progresses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg SL I hope he is ok. Good that they are doing everything just to be safe and so lucky you are so on the ball to pick it up. Stay strong your in good hands and keep us posted. Huge hugs.