Closed Thread
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    What type of bottles are they?? 😀
    Pigeon is the name of them also get the slow flow teats I am spewing I have all aventi and the slow flow teats don't fit but the wider mouth teats are meant to fit them so when she older they will be used

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is feeling better today. Feeling a bit guilty today as I had a few Guinness beers last night ( Will has been sleeping from 6.30-12.30) so thought I was safe. Well he woke at 9.30 and wouldn't settle without some boob. Won't be doing that again, feel bad cause I didn't even have 1 sip of alcohol while preg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon I wouldn't stress too much, I'm sure hardly any got through. I had had the same thing happen, very annoying isn't it!

I know I have been sick, still am, but I so need ivy to get a better routine. I hate it that her bedtime is between 11 and 1! And she still gets up at the same time! I'm never going to recover with a 3 hour sleep and then 2 x 1 hour sleeps!

It's just not sustainable, I am not co sleeping its just not for me, I do it for an hour in the morning but that's my limit.its not due to SIDS, it's because I'm selfish and want my bed for me and DH.

So I'm going to see the sleep doctor here in adelaide and get some techniques and start a routine. Right now I don't even care if it involves CIO, I'm Judy buggered, can't keep rocking her and need more structure, maybe I'm a selfish mum for not letting my baby guide me but in going to be a crazy o e if I do let her, I don't think AP style parenting is for me, I'm way too bossy I admire those who can do it?!

The sleep doc I know tells me noting I can't find on a forum but ill feel better hearing it from a professional and getting a specific technique for her age, he is very well sought after here and lots of my friends day he is a life saver

So ivy went to sleep atc115, got up at 430, back down at 5, up at 630, back down at 7, up at 830.... Now she is up. If she slept 5 till 730 I'd be happier but she doesn't and rarely does so something's gotta give before I just crack it as I know she isn't sick etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for rant I'm just having one if those days...or weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is CIO Nic?

I dont think it is selfish of you at all. I've heard sleep doctors can do amazing stuff and really change routines etc so I hope that happens for you.

Im the same, AP isnt my style and wouldn't work for me at all and I'm not a fan of co sleeping but mainly for all the risks involved. You really need to do what works for you. Being run down and tired all the time is no good for you or Ivy.

For some reason I thought you were in WA!

I really feel for you ladies who are having a harder time with things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Dragon I wouldn't stress too much, I'm sure hardly any got through. I had had the same thing happen, very annoying isn't it!

It's just not sustainable, I am not co sleeping its just not for me, I do it for an hour in the morning but that's my limit.its not due to SIDS, it's because I'm selfish and want my bed for me and DH.
    Me too with a couple of wines - thinking bub had gone down for a few hours. It really isn't that bad on the rare occasion. Apparently your milk has the same blood alcohol content as you do, so as long as you are not getting trashed, one or two should be ok!

Nic, I totally understand, I was a bit how you describe your situation with DD1. They grow up so fast though (I know it doesn't feel like it). Soon enough your 'baby' (Dd1 is 5 now) is telling you to bugger off when you want a kiss or cuddle! They become independent so quickly. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, it's a time with your babe you never get back.

I think it is terribly difficult first time around and when you are getting no sleep to really enjoy it. I hope you get some reassurance and some help from the sleep Dr!

Thanks
    Reviews
    CIO cry it out.

I just re read my post there were lots of mistakes!

I need the sleep dr so I feel like I have done guidance, like a mentor.

Mrs O I agree they are only this age once I just need to get better to enjoy. I'm constantly coughing at night which also wakes up ivy and my sleep, had to move her to another room last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies makes me feel a bit better. We all just want the best for our bubs and it can be quite upsetting to think we have done something to go against this.

I totally agree they grow so so fast. I was watching some home movies of ds1 the other day and it was the strangest feeling to watch cause even though time has flown it feels like a lifetime ago when he was our ds2 size.

We had loads of sleep, breast feeding, croup, and the formula issues (when he was older) and watching the movies you would have thought life was a breeze. Just shows that issues are such a small part of life ( even though at the time they feel so overwhelming) and that it will pass and you will look back and remember how awesome life was and not even really remember the hard parts. I hope you get some great advice from the sleep doc and that this part of the roller coaster is over for you soon.

I did see a thing on FB the other day to stop night coughing. You lather your feet in Vicks vapour rub and put socks on when going to sleep. It had heaps of comments that it worked so might be worth a shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks dragon worth a shot for sure!

I'm on the plane...wish me luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    CIO cry it out.

I just re read my post there were lots of mistakes!

I need the sleep dr so I feel like I have done guidance, like a mentor.

Mrs O I agree they are only this age once I just need to get better to enjoy. I'm constantly coughing at night which also wakes up ivy and my sleep, had to move her to another room last night.
    Everything seems so much better/easier after a good nights sleep!

I tried CIO with DD1, found it awful, i cried just as much as her! BUT, comfort crying worked for the both of us :-) just another option.

Good luck Nic!