Closed Thread
Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just had home doctor come as maddison hasn't slept more than an hr all day and screaming all day
    Have been told to allow few days for the losec to kick in but to use gaviscon in the mean time also to help and hope sleep
    I have her asleep in her pram finally that's where she's staying tonight till next feed OMG what a day I'm stuffed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Have you tried using one of the formulas that already has thickener added mrs s? I have Zoe on S26 AR to help with reflux and have found it really good. Just a thought anyway.
    Doc doesn't think I should change just yet but we will look at that in a few days if she's still no good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems like we are all having bad nights/ days today. Mrs S I do hope she finds peace tonight, I really feel for you.

Crafty that's pretty much the same prob I'm having...little miss Ivy seems to sleep from 12am till 8 ish with 2 feeds but the rest if the day is a nightmare.

Ill let you know if I come up with anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Seems like we are all having bad nights/ days today. Mrs S I do hope she finds peace tonight, I really feel for you.

Crafty that's pretty much the same prob I'm having...little miss Ivy seems to sleep from 12am till 8 ish with 2 feeds but the rest if the day is a nightmare.

Ill let you know if I come up with anything
    Thanks I managed to get maddison to sleep after giving her gaviscon and the home doc came and checked her over so she slept from 11.30 till 5 am OMG longest in days how ever she has to sleep in her pram as she's up right and its comfy for her and stops the throw up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Getting Ella to sleep during the day and early evening has become difficult almost impossible. Ella has decided if I'm not asleep on mum I'm not sleeping. I've started the leave to self settle popping back and fourth to resettle when she starts crying but it's not working. I can get her to sleep on the boob, I then place her in her cot half asleep but she wakes 15 mins later. At night she sleeps fine because she knows I'm there in the room with her. Any advice?
    Is it the name
    My Ella is the same. During the day she is up a lot cause I have ds to look after and she will only sleep on me!
    I'm lucky she sleeps at night well.
    I have no tips, but if you find anything please let me know!!

We are off on a trip today down to Margaret river. Very exciting, but stressful packing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I meant KM not crafty

These little babies who only want to sleep on mum

I went to the sleep doc and whilst I agree with some of the techniques I don't think I can follow his way just yet. Like everyone he said put baby awake in cot before she gets tired and let her out herself to sleep, seems a lot easier said than done, but I do agree she needs to learn this skill, but should I force it at this age as I have tried with not much luck...

He then said of she doesn't settle to just let her cry up to 40 mins each time...and to start solids at 8 weeks?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    8 weeks? That seems a bit early to me Nic! I've been told the earliest is 4 months?

You should do what you feel comfortable with. We let Zoe cry one night for about 40 minutes and she has been an angel since. Whether it was that that helped or not I can't say but she is fantastic now. It was so hard to let her cry but I was at my wits end at that point. But it all depends on you and what you are comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks crafty I remember you saying that. Ivy is a sleep fighter do I think it would take longer than 1 night maybe even a week!

My mum said I cried the entire night for a week...I was 7 months! She said she had to keep coming in and out to check on me, she said worst 2 weeks of her life! She said the 4 kids after that she did it a lot earlier, actually 2 of them didn't need it, but the other 2 did!

I know this method isnt for everyone and I'm very afraid to try it due to all the negative feedback out there, ie: she is to young and will not trust me again etc

I love being on the forums but sometimes I think they do me more harm than good I read too much and get confused as everyone has different opinions and then I get muddled on what my own opinion is! I'm a very indecisive person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just took over an hour to get Myles down for a nap! Boy he fights it sometimes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Thanks crafty I remember you saying that. Ivy is a sleep fighter do I think it would take longer than 1 night maybe even a week!

My mum said I cried the entire night for a week...I was 7 months! She said she had to keep coming in and out to check on me, she said worst 2 weeks of her life! She said the 4 kids after that she did it a lot earlier, actually 2 of them didn't need it, but the other 2 did!

I know this method isnt for everyone and I'm very afraid to try it due to all the negative feedback out there, ie: she is to young and will not trust me again etc

I love being on the forums but sometimes I think they do me more harm than good I read too much and get confused as everyone has different opinions and then I get muddled on what my own opinion is! I'm a very indecisive person
    Sorry to hear you get muddled I'm so decisive it's hard to imagine what it must be like not to be! Maybe read the pros and cons from reputable sources on google and understand them for yourself, that way you can make informed decisions. I find when I start questioning myself I re read the literature and remind myself again why I believe in one method and not others. Use the forums for ideas and take away what works for your heart and your family. Wishing you well in motherhood it's a hard job x