Closed Thread
Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck mrs S, hope the doc listens!!

SL yes nothing gets done and now DH has a new job...well he has been offered ( yay by the way ) I really need this to work for her and my sanity and for my confidence as a parent.

Anyway today is a new day. She got up at 7, changed and fed her and then she went back to sleep by 745, so 1 hour ago approx! I'm now going up have a shower before she wakes again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck mrs Simmo I hope you get some help and someone who will really listen to you.

I went to the gym for my first body attack class today. Phew what a workout. Gonna feel it tomorrow.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Good luck mrs Simmo I hope you get some help and someone who will really listen to you.

I went to the gym for my first body attack class today. Phew what a workout. Gonna feel it tomorrow.
    God I miss the gym!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Mrs simmo Orlando is exclusively breastfed so no formula to change...good luck at the docs you need to really push the issue and based in everyone in here with what we've said if you're pretty sure she has reflux request scripts and I would get a script for losec mixture but you have to find a compound pharmacy to make it up and get a flavoured one. Can't remember what state you are in but we got a bubblegum flavour one from the royal children's hospital pharmacy. Let us know how you go!
    Maddison's doctor gave me a script for omeprazole it's the same as Losec has the same effect I got strawberry flavor our doc could see the pain she was in and also me
    How long does it take to kick in I can only give her 2 doses a day so I have given one as soon as I got it like at 10am then ill give the other at her last night feed how ever she has been restless all day and not slept prop only cap Nap also can I put thickener in her bottle as well ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Maddison's doctor gave me a script for omeprazole it's the same as Losec has the same effect I got strawberry flavor our doc could see the pain she was in and also me
    How long does it take to kick in I can only give her 2 doses a day so I have given one as soon as I got it like at 10am then ill give the other at her last night feed how ever she has been restless all day and not slept prop only cap Nap also can I put thickener in her bottle as well ???
    Good news that you got something. Sorry I don't know anything about formulas and thickening. Orlando was prescribed 2.5ml a day so I give him 1.25ml twice a day. We started the losec mixture last Wednesday so it's been 6 days and I think it has helped. Someone told me it takes about 7-10 days to really kick in

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear you got something mrs Simmo. My fingers are cross it works wonders for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Good news that you got something. Sorry I don't know anything about formulas and thickening. Orlando was prescribed 2.5ml a day so I give him 1.25ml twice a day. We started the losec mixture last Wednesday so it's been 6 days and I think it has helped. Someone told me it takes about 7-10 days to really kick in
    Yeah maddison was put on 4 or 8 ml so I use 4ml twice a day do u give morning and night ? I just called the 1300 health and they said thickener will be fine in the formula as it won't work right away takes few wks thanks for you support I was pulling my hair out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried using one of the formulas that already has thickener added mrs s? I have Zoe on S26 AR to help with reflux and have found it really good. Just a thought anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great mrs S hope it works!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting Ella to sleep during the day and early evening has become difficult almost impossible. Ella has decided if I'm not asleep on mum I'm not sleeping. I've started the leave to self settle popping back and fourth to resettle when she starts crying but it's not working. I can get her to sleep on the boob, I then place her in her cot half asleep but she wakes 15 mins later. At night she sleeps fine because she knows I'm there in the room with her. Any advice?