Closed Thread
Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think your lucky she is sleeping so well adden and definitely wouldn't mess it up . The pead would have said aethinf if there was an issue. Maybe steer clear of that CHN. I'm all for positive help and have heard many stories of CHN's that seem to cause more grief and stress than useful advise.

Gorgeous pics Nic it's amazing how quick time goes. It gets faster and faster the older we get I think.

Just thought I would post a pic of William. He is just over 9 wks now and has found his tongue. It's soooo cute and funny. He likes to stick it out the have a smile and a chuckle about it.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1366619634.388003.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous Dragon!! Love that they are getting more personality

Thanks
    Reviews
    Home doctor came out And told me to continue with gaviscon and the thickener in Maddison's formula she has a mild case of reflux and he won't give medication as there is ways of dealing with it no sleep for the next few moths for us I would say
    So have raised her cot sit up with her when feeding and burp really well
    I just hope it works as I'm pulling my hair out I haven't cried as much as I have today every sorry for the rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Out of interest ladies how long do your bubbas sleep for in the day time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Home doctor came out And told me to continue with gaviscon and the thickener in Maddison's formula she has a mild case of reflux and he won't give medication as there is ways of dealing with it no sleep for the next few moths for us I would say
    So have raised her cot sit up with her when feeding and burp really well
    I just hope it works as I'm pulling my hair out I haven't cried as much as I have today every sorry for the rant
    Why won't he give medication??? Both my GP and my paed gave me scripts. We have Orlando on the losec mixture...since last Wednesday and it seems to have made a bit of difference. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with it...so understandable to have a cry...I cry really only at night times now if he is up for hours and won't settle! I can't believe it's been nearly 2 months since I've slept more than 3.5 hours in a row!! It's really really really hard and those hours I do get to sleep ... Anything over an hour at least relaxes me and rests my back and my boobs a little bit...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mrs S I feel for you....I am also having a hard time tonight...

More so cause I have had enough of Ivy needing rocking in my arms every single time she needs sleep, do trying to put her down dry, feed and drowsy but she isn't having a bar of it....I think she is now super over tired and then makes it harder for her to settle! But I need her to be able to go to sleep on her own, I'm only trying it for one sleep a day at the moment, it's the 8pm sleep after bath/ feed....but it's now 1120 and she hasn't slept, so I fed again and then rocked her until she was drowsy, put her down and she is not having it, it's enough to drive me to drink ! Im about to just go and rock her but then I think what was all that hard work for...if in the end I just rock her!!! I'm so confused

SL ivy is a crap day sleeper, she sleeps normally in 45 minute intervals and is very hard to resettle! If she falls asleep on a walk in the pram or on the car or my carrier we get longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still sitting here rocking ivy...hopefully sleep will find us soon

I hate these nights, I lose confidence as a mother when things go crap... Tomorrow is another day hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Why won't he give medication??? Both my GP and my paed gave me scripts. We have Orlando on the losec mixture...since last Wednesday and it seems to have made a bit of difference. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with it...so understandable to have a cry...I cry really only at night times now if he is up for hours and won't settle! I can't believe it's been nearly 2 months since I've slept more than 3.5 hours in a row!! It's really really really hard and those hours I do get to sleep ... Anything over an hour at least relaxes me and rests my back and my boobs a little bit...
    I'm off to her doctor today and trust me the water works are going to flow I need something this is crap I mean she did so 4 hr blocks last night on the gaviscon but its only a 7 day thing and then what I bet as she did last night will make a lier of me and sleep while on our way to the docs and he will think she's ok I bet you
    Just quickly once on the losec did you have to change formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Oh Mrs S I feel for you....I am also having a hard time tonight...

More so cause I have had enough of Ivy needing rocking in my arms every single time she needs sleep, do trying to put her down dry, feed and drowsy but she isn't having a bar of it....I think she is now super over tired and then makes it harder for her to settle! But I need her to be able to go to sleep on her own, I'm only trying it for one sleep a day at the moment, it's the 8pm sleep after bath/ feed....but it's now 1120 and she hasn't slept, so I fed again and then rocked her until she was drowsy, put her down and she is not having it, it's enough to drive me to drink ! Im about to just go and rock her but then I think what was all that hard work for...if in the end I just rock her!!! I'm so confused

SL ivy is a crap day sleeper, she sleeps normally in 45 minute intervals and is very hard to resettle! If she falls asleep on a walk in the pram or on the car or my carrier we get longer.
    Yeh same yesterday he did 2 45 min naps and a 2 hour one from 4-6ish but woke up half way through and had to be rocked back to sleep! Needless to say nothing gets done during the day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    I'm off to her doctor today and trust me the water works are going to flow I need something this is crap I mean she did so 4 hr blocks last night on the gaviscon but its only a 7 day thing and then what I bet as she did last night will make a lier of me and sleep while on our way to the docs and he will think she's ok I bet you
    Just quickly once on the losec did you have to change formula
    Mrs simmo Orlando is exclusively breastfed so no formula to change...good luck at the docs you need to really push the issue and based in everyone in here with what we've said if you're pretty sure she has reflux request scripts and I would get a script for losec mixture but you have to find a compound pharmacy to make it up and get a flavoured one. Can't remember what state you are in but we got a bubblegum flavour one from the royal children's hospital pharmacy. Let us know how you go!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (23-04-2013)