Closed Thread
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    According to our paediatrician reflux babies are usually thriving & put on weight as they are frequent feeders, this is why GP's & MCHN's don't pick it up when the should cause bubs appear healthy. The problem is they want to feed frequently to sooth the burning from the avid they are bringing up, but then they bring more acid up after the feed, vicious cycle for the poor bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Hmm is her face cringing like she has acid in her mouth? Orlando has reflux and does spit up a lot and 1 or 2 bigger projectiles but not massive amounts. We had him in Zantac for 2 weeks and it didn't do much so now he's on losec mixture. If its just milk throw up then she probably over ate if its stomach vomit then more likely to be reflux
    Yes and her eyes water when it happens, her little voice sounds hoarse and she clears her throat a lot. She also makes a little hurt sound, she doesn't cry though.

The vomiting is rather upsetting for her, she throws up constantly in her bassinet and cries until I change her sheets. This happens quite a few times during a 24hr period, it's not a little amount they are a tea cup plate size. I keep her upright for at least 15-30mins each feed.

Amy I thought about expressing but was unsure if I'd take too much from her feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    You won't run out of milk, you'll just keep making it as she sucks as opposed to her getting what is stored, it should slow your flow down :-) and if she hasn't got enough off you top her up with the EBM, with a slow flow teat :-)

Sounds like reflux to me, the raspy sounding throat is a symptom, along with a white tongue, a congested nose, if they seem uncomfortable etc... Along with feeding frequently & the throwing up... Go see a GP or pead and get it sorted, she sounds like she's in pain, the acid can really damage thier little throats if not treated XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so tired....1 hour till we arrive home! It will have taken 11.5 hours! Ivy has been pretty good but I feel sorry for her stuck in the capsule!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Yeah I don't know I mean we had her at the hospital as she was fighting too feed and had a vomit all over the floor and hick ups all the time and like she was bubbling at the mouth all the time the OB watched her feed from bottle and said she didn't have a seal around the teat ?? So when we changed it helped but lately she has the bubbles again and small vomits so I dnt know should we get a second opinion do u think
    William is 9 weeks and bubbles at the mouth too. He gets hiccups pretty much every feed but is happy and is putting on weight. Only thing with him is as soon as he wakes in the day from a sleep no matter how long, he thinks he needs some tucker. Quite happy to give him extra in the day if he sleeps better at night. Have you been told the bubbles and hiccups are bad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Yes and her eyes water when it happens, her little voice sounds hoarse and she clears her throat a lot. She also makes a little hurt sound, she doesn't cry though.

The vomiting is rather upsetting for her, she throws up constantly in her bassinet and cries until I change her sheets. This happens quite a few times during a 24hr period, it's not a little amount they are a tea cup plate size. I keep her upright for at least 15-30mins each feed.

Amy I thought about expressing but was unsure if I'd take too much from her feed
    Def sounds like reflux although warning I did read somewhere that Zantac makes them throw up more...I know Orlando was when he first started taking it. We didn't notice a huge difference so will let you know how I go with the losec know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Home just trying to get Ivy down...she will be all over the place as been sleeping a lot while we were driving!

Sounds like we have a few bubs with reflux!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    William is 9 weeks and bubbles at the mouth too. He gets hiccups pretty much every feed but is happy and is putting on weight. Only thing with him is as soon as he wakes in the day from a sleep no matter how long, he thinks he needs some tucker. Quite happy to give him extra in the day if he sleeps better at night. Have you been told the bubbles and hiccups are bad?
    No been told there normal was told hick ups are because she is gulping the OB at the hospital said its not reflux I don't know now as all you other lady's have been there what should I do OMG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    According to our paediatrician reflux babies are usually thriving & put on weight as they are frequent feeders, this is why GP's & MCHN's don't pick it up when the should cause bubs appear healthy. The problem is they want to feed frequently to sooth the burning from the avid they are bringing up, but then they bring more acid up after the feed, vicious cycle for the poor bubs!
    OMG I don't know if I should push it at the GPs the whole reflux thing I mean maddison isn't vomiting she had bubbles and gets hiccups all the time but the hospital told me she doesn't have it what should I do ?? She only cries when something is wrong or just wakes up and some times she might cluster feed bit not everyday ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a hard one mrs S if she seems ok I wouldn't push it...but then we are not there so have to leave decision to you xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (20-04-2013)