Closed Thread
Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is a lot of vomit, yesterday I went shopping and Ella threw up all over my maxi dress and I looked like I had wet myself. Crafty I'm sick of the washing! Not only do I take her a change if clothes I have to take myself a change of clothes as well.

A few days ago I was changing her and just as I took the nappy away... Out came the explosion of all explosions. It shocked me so much I jumped and dropped her legs and I got shot, it went all down my chest and arms. Aren't babies disgusting lol!

Maybe she is a little piggy and having too much breast milk. I didn't think it was possible but she is putting on 40gms a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    It is a lot of vomit, yesterday I went shopping and Ella threw up all over my maxi dress and I looked like I had wet myself. Crafty I'm sick of the washing! Not only do I take her a change if clothes I have to take myself a change of clothes as well.

A few days ago I was changing her and just as I took the nappy away... Out came the explosion of all explosions. It shocked me so much I jumped and dropped her legs and I got shot, it went all down my chest and arms. Aren't babies disgusting lol!

Maybe she is a little piggy and having too much breast milk. I didn't think it was possible but she is putting on 40gms a day.
    Could be to much milk to fast reason for vomit ? As maddison was gulping and that's what made her vomit but since changing teats and sitting her up right she's come good all the best to u xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right my LC did tell me I had a really fast let down and could cause reflux. There's not much I can do on my behalf other than take her off until it slows. Glad your swap of bottles has worked for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're right my LC did tell me I had a really fast let down and could cause reflux. There's not much I can do on my behalf other than take her off until it slows. Glad your swap of bottles has worked for you.
    Have you tried expressing some before you put her on so she doesn't get the fast let down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You wouldn't believe it but Ivy slept the whole flight, also on the way to the airport, going through checkin etc, she only woke after I picked up my bags...went 4 hours between feeds and was a dream!

I was all prepared with the dummy bit didnt need it. Feeding seemed like it would be difficult as she had up face forward and be in a seatbelt attached to mine for safety...seemed stupid?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it normal for babies to projectile vomit like the exorcist?

Ella vomits every time I feed her, I don't know how she has put on so much weight when it all comes out. I spoke to my GP earlier in the week as I think she has reflux and the GP prescribed her Zantac but I'm reluctant to give it to her as the MCHN yesterday said its normal for babies to vomit after a feed and have pain etc.
    Hmm is her face cringing like she has acid in her mouth? Orlando has reflux and does spit up a lot and 1 or 2 bigger projectiles but not massive amounts. We had him in Zantac for 2 weeks and it didn't do much so now he's on losec mixture. If its just milk throw up then she probably over ate if its stomach vomit then more likely to be reflux

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    We had a very similar probl with maddison how ever she wouldn't vomit after every feed it was only now and then but she would fight through feeds and scream the OB at the hospital as that's where we ended up told us reflux is diagnosed incorrectly all the time and medication is given when not needed they wouldn't give it to us they suggested other options and it has worked changed the teats on her bottles as it looks as tho she has a sucking issue and she all better
    They did tell me reflux baby's don't gain so much weight and they don't feed well
    Interesting! Orlando has been diagnosed with reflux by our GP and our paediatrician but he feeds well and puts on heaps of weight! I guess every bub is different

Thanks
    Reviews

Km Orlando is the same he's a little piggy and is putting on 40-50g per day! He has major explosions too lol ... Walk, floor, door, clothes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    You wouldn't believe it but Ivy slept the whole flight, also on the way to the airport, going through checkin etc, she only woke after I picked up my bags...went 4 hours between feeds and was a dream!

I was all prepared with the dummy bit didnt need it. Feeding seemed like it would be difficult as she had up face forward and be in a seatbelt attached to mine for safety...seemed stupid?!
    Wow good girl ivy that must have been much less stress for you having her sleep through it all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Interesting! Orlando has been diagnosed with reflux by our GP and our paediatrician but he feeds well and puts on heaps of weight! I guess every bub is different
    Yeah I don't know I mean we had her at the hospital as she was fighting too feed and had a vomit all over the floor and hick ups all the time and like she was bubbling at the mouth all the time the OB watched her feed from bottle and said she didn't have a seal around the teat ?? So when we changed it helped but lately she has the bubbles again and small vomits so I dnt know should we get a second opinion do u think