Closed Thread
Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my third IUI this morning. Fingers crossed third times the charm. If not then it will be IVF time.

I have also wondered about acupuncture KJ35, so will be interested to hear (see).

I know exactly how you feel Nickilee. I hope your next cycle brings you a BFP. We have fur babies as well, who we just love so much. My DH works away, so it is nice to have some one to come home to on the week he is away.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

nickilee  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi every one been MIA forever I have a lot to catch up on.
    Well we are on a small break. I can say break now but up until recently I was on the give up road. We had yet another MC another D&C in January and another BFN in April so we (I mean me) went to crazy town but am in a much better head space. Lots of workouts with my PT a quick holiday and another fur baby later and we are ready to think about the possibility of using our last embie. But as I type this I am considering changing FS well going back to our 1st appt FS (wazza) it was he who got us started on our IVF journey and was apart of the team to get us our 1st DD so instead of doing another FET I might get a second opinion.
    What's your thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH - I hope it works for you fingers crossed for you.

I had a appointment booked with for the acupuncuture but she was trying to give me chinese medication too which my FS asked me not to take because it can conflict with the fertility drugs, so I backed out of the acupuncture then but I have been thinking about just going for it and saying no the chinese remidies, its ment to be good to de stress and help the blood flow.

Loveabug - So sorry to hear about your MC and another BFN it is hard to keep it together but somehow we all seem to get stronger through it all, i have no idea how!! Instead of workouts with a PT, I seem to have gone the other way and found comfort in food and we got our 2nd Fur baby in March, I just hope we get a BFP this time because I dont think i could cope wth a 3rd Fur baby!!! We changed our FS for our 3rd cycle in February this year but with the same fertility clinic. Our first one was goood when I needed 3 lots of surgery last year but not really meeting our needs for IVF so after alot of thought we decided we needed to change and we are very happy with our decision it was the right one for us. My thoughts are if you are thinking along these lines you need to go for the second opinion and if you decide not to change then you are still in the same position as you were before, it could answer all the questions you have or put to bed any doubt, I knew within the first minute of out consultation we were going to change to him he answered all our questions and we instantly felt complete faith in him. Hope I helped abit
    Last edited by KJ35; 05-06-2013 at 16:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ35 - thanks for your words, I'm CD4 today. We have 4 fur babies!!! ABH - for you. Loveabug - I'm on my 3rd FS in 6 years and I'm happy with this one's approach, it fits with us, being comfortable & confident is important. I've also wondered about Acupuncture, a friend of mine was on the Clomid journey & had "fertility" acupuncture, she got her BFP on the 2nd cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

ABH good luck to you for a BFP this cycle!!
    Lovabug, sorry that you had to go through a miscarriage and then a BFN. It's great that you have come back in a better head space. Good luck with it!
    I have heard that the acupuncture can be really helpful in relaxation whic is very important throughout the whole process. Anything that helps with that has to be good I reckon.

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes. This seems like a great group of ladies, and I'm glad to have found it.

It's been hard for me this cycle and it has been good to be able to 'talk' to people who know how I am feeling. This whole IVF thing is all so new and I guess everyone goes into this feeling like it will all just work out so easily. The first cycle was so straightforward and quick, and this one has been a series of setbacks and weeks of not getting anywhere. I honestly don't know how you ladies all cope cycle after cycle and year after year. It breaks you down pretty quickly it seems.

So went to the FS today for another scan. We had a scan Monday and were planning to go for EPU Friday, but then the scan Wed showed the follicles weren't big enough so EPU was postponed til Monday. Now the scan today showed there is about 10 follies of varying sizes but still haven't grown any bigger, so we are postponed again to Wednesday for EPU. On top of another disappointing delay my FS now thinks that my lining is too thin to support a pregnancy and that I am too high risk for OHSS to do a fresh transfer this cycle and wants to freeze them all. So now we have gone from the plan of EPU Friday and transfer Wed, to EPU Wed and then FET next cycle. More delays!!

I'm so disappointed and upset that we have to wait until next cycle for transfer. I know that this will put us in a better position for a successful transfer and I know that it is better for my health.... But knowing those things does not stop me wanting to curl up in a ball and cry. I am finding myself again in this internal battle between sensbile practical me who knows what is right, and histrionic emotional me who wants to throw a tantrum like a 2 year old! It so frustrating.

Anyhow, I know my dramas are really nothing compared to the nightmare some of you ladies have been through, but thanks for letting me vent anyway.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, thought I would jump in as I see some of you are in similar situations to me.
    I also have a dh that works away so going through ivf has it's challenges when you are alone....I see him about one weekend in a month.
    I am also pco and had my cycle cancelled last month after epu due to ohss concerns. They got 19eggs from me.
    I have just had a fet yesterday so now officially in the 2 ww. My blasty was 6 days old and bounced back from the freeze well. I have 4 embryos left in the freezer.
    I also had Acupuncture before and after transfer as I heard good things from previous research, not to mention it gives me some awesome chill out time from study as I have exams next week.
    I am hoping we have a good chance at getting pregnant as I am 34 and dh's swimmers are in perfect condition.
    It is also my belief that you should allow yourself the disappointment if things don't go well. That way you can deal with it and get to the acceptance stage and move on. Vent away I say.
    Good luck to you all and here is hoping June is the month for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worn out

Hi ladies,

i have been reading this thread and it is good to hear that I am not alone in some of the feelings I am experiencing. I wish you all the best of luck with your journeys.

I am feeling very worn out, having done 5 EPUs and 3 FET cycles in the past 2 years. Husband has low sperm count and they are telling me that there must be something wrong with my eggs too. My last 2 EPUs had better fert results than previous and the last 2 FETs I've done were positive but both ended in MC, first one at 8 weeks, second at only 5 (found this out this morning).

I have 3 more frosties but I am so sick of the whole thing I don't even know how I'm going to get through 3 more FETs. I'm so accustomed to getting bad news that I am really struggling to feel anything positive about future cycles. We're going to take a few months off and have a big holiday before starting again but I know the pain won't go away while we have a break.

I am wondering when is enough enough? Should I just aim to get through the last 3 embryos then if no joy try to walk away? I have been with Wesley Monash IVF the whole time and I trust my FS but I don't know if I should try someone else as I'm not sure I have the energy left to do the whole thing all over again with someone else. I am only 30 years old and there doesn't seem to be any decent explanation of why we have been so unlucky.

To those who are newer to this than I am, don't worry I am one of those difficult cases apparently and I hope that your journey is much much quicker!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Silverdragon, welcome! I am glad that you have joined as I'm interested to hear how you have gone the last few weeks. My EPU is Wednesday and I am not able to have the fresh transfer as I have PCO and my FS is worried about OHSS. Assuming I get some good frosties we will do FET as soon as able. This is only my first cycle of IVF so I have no idea what an FET entails. How long after EPU did AF show up if you don't mind me asking? Did you get put on oestrogen and progesterone prior to the FET, or just go with a natural cycle? I have crap lining and don't ovulate with the PCO as far as I am aware so I'll be on the oestrogen and progesterone for the whole time I believe. How soon after your EPU was the FET? I am disappointed to have to wait for FET after my EPU so I am keen to get it all going asap but I think it would be at least 3 weeks between?
    It must be hard for you with your DH working away so much. Must make that one weekend a month pretty special for you both! I dont know how you cope though... and going through all this by yourself has got to be hard! You are a marvel!

Sleepybear, I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I wish I could give you a big hug right now for all the troubles you have been through. No wonder you are worn out with all the cycles you have been through!! Im exhausted with just this one! I was going to say before I read further in your post that it shounds like you could do with a good holiday to relax and rejuvenate! I think that is a great idea. Wearing yourself out cant be too helpful given stress can be such a big part of this so a break may do you the world of good. You are still young, so although it may feel like you are wasting time... you have plenty to play with. Otherwise I can't give you much advice as I am so new to all of this.
    I hope that your time off will give you some clarity on where to go from here.

Katie x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleepybear I am so sorry you are feeling this way and you certainly have had a rough ride. May I suggest you do see another fs just for a second opinion? I saw 3 different dr's before the one I have now. Each Dr before gave me a different diagnosis of both my condition and dh's swimmers! This is the most progress I have made so far and I am very happ with my current fs and he seems to have alot of knowledge about my condition. If anything it will put your mind at ease because stress is not a good thing at this stage of the game. If you don't mind me saying so it is great you get to the stage of being pregnant, it just seems the rest of the picture is missing. I had a friend who had the same problem she miscarried many of her pregnancies and has just given birth to a healthy baby girl naturally. She gave up all coffee and alcohol as her body was estrogen dominant. Just something to think about but I am not a Dr so a second opinion could help.
    Katie, Af came after epu 12 days.... But this was a short cycle for me. Usually being pco my cycles were average 35days but the last 2 were 21and 24 days long. I almost missed the chance to fet this cycle as the Dr missed my ovulation day on cd8 but he could see the collapsed follie and I told him I suspected it because I had fertile cm... When he decided to continue with fet he has put me on a hrt protocol with estrogen and progesterone which I am to stay on until I am 12 weeks pregnant if this works.
    With the ohss I had to let af come before we started an fet cycle to let everything settle down. I wad really upset we couldn't get the show on the road at that point but understood the Dr's reasons. He was putting my health first which is important.
    It must be very exciting for you about to start the journey. It feels like a long one with many hurdles to get over before the next step can be reached. It is hard to let go and take it as it comes but I have read that those that have the higher success rates have let go of the process to some degree. Relaxing as best you can and taking the process in your stride is a good strategy. Something I did at the beginning but admit I did become a victim to anxiety part way. I think it is all part of the journey! Take it as good training for when we become Mummies?
    Good luck ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am glad to have found this thread as the Clomid thread seemed to be mostly younger women who were just starting on their journey, I'm kind of in the middle currently undergoing IUI's, FS said we'd do 3 or 4 then move on to IVF. This Thurs is CD11 US day to check follicles, if all good then IUI for the 2nd time. I am afraid of having to go through this month after month but being able to read your experiences and relate them to my own is a great help.