Closed Thread
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies... I have been MIA for awhile trying to work out where we go after yet another failed fresh cycle. Our follow up with Wazza was basically to tell us that there is not much hope for us using our current 'ingredients' ... So we are moving into donor egg ..
    Researching for it has been bittersweet and tinged with grief but it looks like we will be heading OS to do a cycle in 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's the TWW going loveabug? elarwood I have everything crossed for you I really hope this is the one , Blinky sorry to hear you going to have to go OS for a doner were are you thinking of going, we know a couple who went to Argentina

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, my best friend lost her little angel last night after giving birth to him at 24 weeks. I have always been envious of her to fall pregnant first month of trying, not going through what we've been through & have a healthy pregnancy until now. Life is so cruel sometimes. Sending lots of prayers, love and strength to my gorgeous friend and her angel. I could not imagine the grief. I truly pray & hope that we all get our miracle babies into our arms safely. Any baby, a healthy one at that is an absolute gift and miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ we have selected a donor from South Africa. Fortunately the clinics in SA have excellent reputations and standards. (My GP has said that they have some of the highest medical standards / research / etc in the world - which is certainly reassuring)

The decision to go OS was in the end a fairly easy one: I don't have any sisters nor female relatives or friends of an appropriate age to help us. By going to South Africa we can pick a donor with a similar heritage (Dutch) giving me an albeit small 'link'. It will also force me to spend the time around Tx to relax because I won't have the pressures of work surrounding me. And the incentive of an African Safari doesn't hurt either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lovebug you are nearly there ! Are you sneaking in a hpt?

Earlwood - iam so very sorry to hear what your friends going through it is devastating. I don't even know her and feel so sad. To come halfway and for that to happen is terrible. I hope it's not insensitive of me to ask if you know what had happened? I always have a fear of this happening at any stage.

ABH - when is your morp scan ? I have mine on the 23rd for both of us! Are you beginning to show ?

KJ- hope you and little bubs is doing fine. Have you had your NT ?

Blinky - you have made the hard decision to go the donor pathway good on you. Lot of planning involved but hopefully all worth it in the end plus a holiday ! There has been many success stories coming out of SA you are going to be one of them in the coming year !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood I have everything crossed this is your turn. yes I had to shots of pregnyl and progesterone support.
    I'm so sorry. Reading your post bought tears to my eyes. I feel for your friend and their family.

Blinky so sorry you have to head down that path. It's a positive step deciding where to go. There have been many success stories from SA

Kj how are you travelling along?
    I cannot wait for this to be over. I just want to know either way.

Ann I try really hard not to POAS but I'm pretty sure I will cave. I haven't brought any yet but I will be in town tomorrow and MOST likely by out the chemist

I am feeling pretty positive. My main thing is still no spotting I usually start seeing something by now even on progesterone and pregnyl. I am excited but I am also freaking out. If it's positive we haven't made it to 12weeks in so long. We are going away. So will be in nsw for 2nd BT it's all so scary I think this is what scares me the most. And it's Xmas who will be there for me if needed. I made need to rush back to Brissy due to complications. Sorry freak out
    Last edited by Loveabug; 07-12-2013 at 16:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best in your TWW Elarwood. I feel for your DF, tragic. Life is so unfair sometimes. X

Loveabug not too much longer in your TWW goodluck.

Great to read all is going well with you Ann. I have my morph scan on 19th. Mostly at night I have a belly. But probably just looks like I love food! Ha ha.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, I hope I haven't worried you at all, or anyone else for that matter. Most of us have lost babies at various stages of pregnancy & truly understand the grief. Her body was fighting some kind of infection, no signs or symptoms apart from her membranes breaking. She had no choice but to deliver him. A healthy pregnancy otherwise. I know I am always an anxious wreck during pregnancy as we expect the worse when having gone through so much with IVF.

Ann & AB all the best for your morph scans shortly :-)

Blinky - did wazza help you out with info on donors overseas? A few more cycles and we will have to head in that direction. All the best for your cycle next year. I am also of Dutch heritage, nice to know there are options!

Loveabug - you have been through so much & I hope this is it for you! Sounding very positive, im cautiously excited for you! I didn't POAS last time & was so shocked to hear hcg was only 5. I was certain it had worked & expecting high numbers! I will test this time on day of beta to prepare myself, as I will be 8 days after pregnyl but with a digital test so hopefully it won't pick up left over pregnyl or chemical. Good luck! We also fly to adelaide the day after beta for 2 weeks, so will have the same issue with 2nd beta/scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ABH I love when the belly starts to show. And is kind of a funny stage yep just like you love food and no exercise. Good luck for your scan enjoy seeing your bubs again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood - Wazza rattled off the various countries that were available but he didn't give me the information ; Kate did ... I know that might sound like one and the same but I have been told that he isn't actually 'allowed ' to recommend or endorse places overseas . This was supported by the fact Kate was very specific in telling me the info she gave was ' purely feedback from his previous patients.' The information they gave me seemed at first to be basic but then I realised it did not have any reference to Wazza's clinic (no letterheads, names or numbers) but I think that was done on purpose (IYKWIM)
    Either way, Kate keeps a file of photocopies of info from patients with contact details etc for all the various options.
    I emailed them all to get pricing etc and just found the clinics / donor agencies in Cape Town really resonated with me.
    In the end we have found a donor who meets all our criteria. We tried not to over complicate things with to much criteria (under 30, non smoker, A blood type, Dutch heritage) so physical similarities weren't a make or break for us.
    Interestingly without the flight/ accomodation costs the whole cycle will be cheaper than here in Australia. We figure we would have done a holiday somewhere next year anyway ..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

elarwood  (09-12-2013)