Closed Thread
Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ET procedure in Bris

Sorry for posting again, hope someone can have some answers here----For my ET in Bris , there was no guided ultrasound, there was no required 'full bladder' for the procedure. I didn't even feel the cathater go in.What are your expreiences with ET? Is it usual not to use a ultrasound wand to guide in the embryo?

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ET are supposed to be relatively painless. I have never had an ultrasound guide the ET and I have had many transfers done. The scientist hangs around until after the transfer is complete then they take the catheter and check it under a microscope to make sure the embryo is clear of all the tubing. If it's all clear, then the embryo has been successfully transferred.

In saying that, mine are far from easy. I have a right angled cervix so mine are very painful to get the catheter in. Noting a bit of Valium and Pethadine can't fix.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

Cabbagepatchkid  (22-11-2013)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I've never had to have a full bladder. They usually ask me to empty it if possible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

Cabbagepatchkid  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cabbagepatchkid post away ask as many questions as you want all the ladies on here are awesome and so very helpful and supportive.
    I am the same as KT no ultrasound or full bladder. Thank goodness I think if I had a full bladder there may be an accident on the table lol it's not supposed to be painful for me it hurts a bit and is very uncomfortable but not extremely bad.

3 injections to go trigger tomorrow night so very exciting. DH flies in Sunday I just miss him so very much. And bring away from DD for this long is hard. Can't wait to go home.

Waiting desperately for no.2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cabbagepatchkid: I am a Wazza girl and have been taking the Clexane. It's really not that different than the other injections, as the manufacturer seems to have taken feedback on board and are using smaller gauge needles, so it hurts a lot less. I personally don't feel any different taking the clexane from my first cycle with a different FS, but that's something you decide for yourself.

As for the transfer, the scientist was there at my transfer too and they did the transfer together. Don't worry, after taking the Valium, the only thing you really feel is the speculum and they check the syringe to ensure the embryo isn't stuck in it (ie it's been inserted into you).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nightchild80 For This Useful Post:

Cabbagepatchkid  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope this is just a random irrational thought- but it keeps playing on my mind, ever since the ET.....

Was an embryo actually transfered?

I didn't see it in the syringe/cathater or anything....i felt the clamp things but not the threading of the cathater into my uterus or anything......

We put so much trust and hope and faith and $$ into the hands of others, and I am praying to God that there is an embryo inside of me right now, implanting and that it will grow into a person!!!

The 2WW is so frustrating. !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo trigger tonight no more injections until after ET. My tummy gets a break thank goodness. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Waiting desperately for no.2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Loveabug, so great to get some injection free days. All the best for your EPU.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well EPU went well. First time I have ever felt this good after. But extremely disappointed 6 eggs I think this is my lowest ever ;( just waiting to hear fert rates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug - wishing you the very best fertility rates today. Xxx