Closed Thread
Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies sorry I know I said I would be back to catch up but I have been so miserable another failed FET hadn't really had time to think about it as my DD had her 6th birthday party on the weekend and had friends staying all weekend very exhausted but so much fun. Anyway I'm out but will be hopefully doing EPU in mid nov.

Waiting desperately for no.2

Thanks
    Reviews
    ToniR Good job jabbing and good luck tuesday

Loveabug I am so sorry to see your update. Best wishes for a Stim in November.

AFM Yesterday was a debacle.

Scan at 8am high priority urgent for the report to be sent via fax to FS in Brisbane from Cairns.

At 1.30pm I call the FS rooms and discover no report received as yet so I call U/S centre they FORGOT to do it, the entire report is yet to be written let along sent.

30 mins later the FS has it, He was on the edge of cancelling my cycle, a lot of questions about how I feel (I feel great, did a spin class yesterday, drinking lots, can't eat much feel full when I do etc) he is concerned about OHSS as I haven't had more then 7-9 follicles at this stage before. Understandable but I pointed out I have had a history of more then half been empty and this is what I wanted a doctor willing to push my body I am up to stim #5 and so far so good.

For some strange reason he agreed with me, and then moved my EPU right one day! Tuesday EPU now Girls.

The choas begins we realise I don't have enough Orgalutran, He upped my pregnyl trigger from 5000 to 6500 I now don't have enough of either drug, the QFG in Cairns shuts at midday on fridays can't get it there CFC refused to help me as I wasn't there patient (understandable) none of the chemist here stock it.

This would mean either we have to fly to Brisbane early, too late to courier up to us. Try and ask all the girls I know up here doing IVF if they have a spare orgalutran I can replace on my return.

I text all the girls I know, DH calls the hotel to ask if the staff could drop refrigerated medication to them with our name on it will it beheld they agree, the girls text all the girls they know and 30 mins later I have 1500iui pregnyl and a orgalutran shot in my hand.

Then the curly request comes from my FS, can I get blood drawn on a sunday before trigger and bring the bloods to Brisbane with me he wants to know my Progesterone on Sunday pre trigger but Saturday would be a little early. The problem is the blood needs to be drawn in a Lime green top tube. Really OMG he even suggested I might let my DH, a friend anyone do I know a nurse, vampire anyone. QFG brisbane only open 7-9am and if we caught the earliest flight get in a 8am DH is always last with a wheelchair off the flight we wouldn't make it.

So I have found a RN willing, she is our good friends bridesmaid she is a mental health nurse great, no access to a lime green tope tube so I have to try to convince the path centre to give me one today what are my chances I feel like a crazy person explaining this. Anyway will do my best and see what happens.

Essentially after the change in EPU it will now mean a Day4 or Day6 Embryo transfer as the day surgery doesn't operate on a Sunday so FS in unable to transfer those days. He didn't seem worried so I certainly won't either.

We are going to Brisbane now a day early with all the stress I think that is a good thing to relax and just take it easy and rest my body a day.Can't book flights home until we know what day for Embryo transfer. I am trying to roll with all the changes and not get stressed or worried. Kate and Wazza were so kind trying to work all of this out with me, they have been so great.

Hope you are all going wonderfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - just reading that post made my head boggle let alone living it. Pretty amazing the network of girls out there willing to help a fellow IVFer. the lime green lid eventuates. Gotta love a challenge. Tuesday will ill be here in a flash too. Have a safe flight and enjoy Brisbane

EOE good morning and have a great weekend

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniR1411 For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick question. I am only on day 3 of Puregon but I feel a little bloated and have some ovary pain. Is this normal?

Also how much exercise can I do? thank you ladies
    Xx
    Last edited by ToniR1411; 26-10-2013 at 09:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big welcome to all the new ladies. All the best for your cycles. The ladies on here have been a massive support.

Ann, I shed a tear reading your post. I am truly sorry for what you've had to endure & wish you all the best for your beautiful baby. I know too well the grief you are feeling, it's so awful.

KJ - same to you love! Thinking of you & wishing you all the best.

loveabug sorry to hear your news. It's always so disappointing.

ABH - all the best for your 12 week scan, so exciting! How did you find Nikki?

AFM, day 12 scan for FET this morning with Wazza, lining all good to go so transfer will be on Friday. Also doing another intralipids on Friday. Transferring our 2 best, scares the hell out of me after hearing KJ's and Ann's stories but as this is cycle 7, we all pulling out all stops. Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ann - my thoughts and prayers and with you. I can relate to the slack treatment you received at the hands of a sonographer. I hope your strong baby hangs on xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann: what a horrible experience to endure! If I were you I would have wanted to put in a formal complaint about that tech. Surely they understand what emotional investment patients have at these type of scans.. ( I got mad -for you- reading your post)

bella : wow! How stressful to have to organise all that with so much at stake! But Kudos to Wazza and Kate for being so helpful enjoy your extra time in Brissie to relax ..

Toni: I have only ever had Gonal F and Menopur in my cycles but yes I did sometimes get some 'aching ovaries' and some mild bloating but nothing requiring pain relief but enough to know it was there... Glad to hear the jabs have got easier I can honestly say the 4 jabs a day I am doing is now just rudimentary and don't make me anxious at all..

Hi to anyone else I have missed, hoping you are all handling the various stages you are all at

AFM : my early morning scan (5:45am! - does that man ever sleep ) went well. Wazza has decided to push back my EPU to Wednesday as some of my smaller follies have picked up the pace and he wants to 'get a truckload'. At this stage he is predicting 12-14 eggs. My guess is 14 but this is probably due to the fact that every EPU so far has always yielded 14 (I figure I am nothing if not consistent) but we are also hoping that by drawing out the cycle a day the eggs will be more mature . Fx.
    so the jabs continue and I will trigger Monday night http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...reakingout.gif

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni R I haven't used puregon so unsure about the side effects, hopefully it means its doing exactly as it should for you.

Elarwood Good luck for your FET on Friday.

Blinky That is an very early scan! He is definitely committed to the job aye! 14 sounds like a great number to me.

AFM - I had the loveliest kind experience this morning. A pathology lady listened to my full story and not only gave me the elusive Lime Green Top Tube but the full kit to draw the blood checked my veins to make sure she gave me 2 of the correct guage needles. OMG so hormonal I hugged her and cried.

Now I just need our friend to draw the bloods tomorrow before our flight pop them in the cooler bag and hand them over monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey elarwood good luck for Friday and don't be scared I'm sure this is the one for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya all and thank you for the input on Puregon. The cramps are still there, predominantly on my right side. Stupid drugs!

Elarwood - good luck for Friday. I hope all is smooth sailing.

Today i I have really struggled . I am only on day 4 of stims but I feel bloated and so full only after a small meal. I could be the ambassador for that "blah" yoghurt ad! Feel fuzzy in my head and am really struggling to chug down 3L of water. Scan on Tuesday, so some insight as to what is happening inside.

Sorry for the whinge ladies. Believe me, I am very grateful to be in this position. Just Some days are cruddy!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and here's to a fabulous week xx