Closed Thread
Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ann - what a lovely post. It actually brought a tear to my eye. So glad things have worked out for you and ABH.

to all the other women struggling with fertility, take heart from these positive stories. Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KtKing  (19-10-2013)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, it's a fantastic feeling isn't it. Knowing all that work and heartbreak wasn't for nothing.

I completely agree with laned. I remember way back in 2009 when I had been through a couple of cycles and nothing but bad results and seeing all these ladies come through and get their BFPs. No matter how sad I got, I know their stories were similar to mine and it was actually inspirational to see that it can work. Sometimes not how you expect but it can. Keep fighting and you will get there! It really is all worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You hit the nail on the head there ktking. It's such a tough journey & hard to watch others come & go with bfp's but it also gives us hope that this whole process pays off in the end if you fight for it. The reward is to precious to give up.

Ladies, I really need your advice. I'm currently doing a FET, attempt #7. We were lucky enough to have 5 cgh chromosomally normal embryos from stim 5, but unsure which embryos to put back. Wazza says its up to us, his suggestion was to grow out the 2 morulas, but we also have 2x 6BB & 1 6CC. It's the first time we are transferring 2, in the hope to get 1 healthy baby (we are very aware of the risk of twins).

Which embryos would you put back? I know the grading doesn't mean too much, & it really is the luck of the draw but we are over the whole process & really hoping this is the one. I've had the endo removed, done Hysterscopy with lipidol flush & scratching & also intralipids so wazza has covered everything along with the usual drugs. My first thought is to put the 2 best ones back, but worried they both will take. But if we transfer one 6BB & I lesser quality & cycle fails ill be kicking myself.

What would you do? Ann I need that crystal ball!!

hope the pregnant ladies are resting up & bleeding has subsided.

thanks for any suggestions ladies, I really appreciate it :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

KtKing  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We transfered 2 AA blasts and only one took, that's probably not much help to you. What grade where Ann and KJ? I personaly would transfer 2 of the best. Good luck. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also went to Oktoberfest for an hour today, vomited in a bin and then went home. Security came over and I'm saying I'm not drunk but pregnant. Pretty funny now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey elarwood I had one grade A and one grade b put back in day 5 blast but they were early blasts and had not started hatching so I was unsure if they would embed, personally I would go with warren and his advise and I would def put two back in there is the risk of twins but like ABH said only one stuck with her...fingers crossed it easily hope this is the one for you....AFM I've just had another big bleed and really scared taken a extra vallum and had a brandy and just hope all is good really need this scan on Monday I'm so scared
    Last edited by KJ35; 19-10-2013 at 19:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood, we put 2 back in as well and I'm now pregnant with one. I think they were both average quality. The AA hadn't taken hold the cycle before, strangely! When we made our decision we had 2 day 5's frozen and some day 3's. we decided to grow out the day threes and both made it to day 5 so we put these back in. Not sure if that helps. How many days old are the embryos?

ABH- that's hilarious. Lucky you made it to the bin! How many weeks are you now?

Kj35 - I'm sorry to hear you've had another bleed. Aren't they just so frightening. I am writing this from bed rest after my bleeds so completely understand the worry you feel. Best of luck with your scan tomorrow, I really hope it shows that everything is fine. A number of pregnancies bleed (especially IVF and twins) for months and have healthy babies at the end. I really hope this is the outcome for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Toni, my first OHSS was pretty severe as it affected my breathing. The second one wasn't as bad, possibly because I prepared for it better. I constantly sipped gastrolyte and sustagen (from a chemist), had lots of high protein meals on hand prepared before epu, rested as much as possible and made sure the house was cleaned etc before epu so I wasn't tempted to keep busy.

It is hard to know who will be affected by OHSS. Prepare for the worst but expect/hope for the best? You may well be perfectly fine, I really hope you are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for your advice. I'm leaning towards putting the 2 best back. I've had plenty of top quality/AA's put back & haven't made it - so you can never tell which ones will take!

Milly - we have 3 day 5 hatching blasts (these were biopsied on day 3 and sent for testing so we know they are 'chromosomally normal'. Can I ask your reasons for growing out your day 3's instead of putting back your day 5's?

ABH - funny story about octoberfest! I remember puking in all sorts of things with DD. it's horrible, but hopefully will improve for you soon!

KJ - all the best for your scan tomorrow. You're in the best hands with wazza he will do everything in his power to keep your babies & you safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earlwood - I had 2 morulas (bear in mind my donor niece is 24), he scientist was extremely hesitant and kept looking at me dh and fs and saying are you sure?? But by then dh and fs had given up reasoning with me by that stage ! So with my legs up in stirrups I was adamant 2 ! I reasoned 5 years of nothing with my luck will two really stuck oh c'mon! And it did ! But my theory was if 1 didn't the other one might - 2 better than one - but of course fs explained it really doesn't work that way with ivf! But still I was going to throw everything at this cycle. So personally I would always go for the two best ones. One the other hand fs wld say why don't you save one good one and tx the other good one and if doesn't take you have a good back - to which I say yeah sounds good but what if it fails the thaw and I lose a good precious egg ?!

kj- hope you ok and I pmed you.

Abh- you are funny! Made me laugh.